MassMedMan's Guerilla Grow

Some of the best advice I can give from my experience of growing outdoors is: 1) always grow by yourself 2) Keep your plants small. 3) Pick your spot and build a "natural" cover from the plants and grasses around you. 4) Stagger your plantings and never plant in any pattern. 5) Make it hard for people to find your plants. I would NEVER recommend doing what dude did by planting 12 feet from thousands of foot-traffickers. That does take balls though. 5) Always be discreet

Hey MaxYields,
Thx for the rep. I'm happy to help.
It's really hard, but you have to keep the number of site visits as low as possible. I'll water 1/week MAX & that's only if we have <1" of rain during that week.

I do 1/plant because it's quick & ez. No reason you couldn't do more and/or use gallons. Just get a few extra caps (free) and test size/# of holes until you get to around 1 bubble/sec. If you choose to amend the water, (aka fertigation) be careful to use only those that don't have bits/chunks which might stop up your holes.
Good to see you, neighbor.

Awe man you folks blew this up today. Just what I was hoping for. I think a lot of people around this site can help, and benefit from what's shared on this thread.

I can't wait to read it all later.

I honestly haven't even read the responses yet, I'll catch up later. I did get some pics uploaded and overall it was a very productive three hours today.

My focus today was two spots, one that is a bit risky, and one that is just plain buried in briar and thick brush. But, it's wide open field type with no trees. And a few areas I can clear up a bit to hide my plants.

First site is a bit risky, I think I'll refer to this from here on out as site one.

It's just off a path which is bad, but, I found a clearing among pine trees that I think I can work with. Today, I hid the hide.

This first shot is after I put some sticks and dead growth to hold the live stuff. It's behind a log, I think I can get two plants but I might play it safe with one.

20150421_112421.jpg

So, I took a walk around and broke some pine branches to blend the dead wood into the existing live pine,,, to begin to hide the hide. Camouflage is constant. In a few weeks I'll go back, remove the dead pine and refresh. Pine in spring will stay green for at least a month. Here's the after.

20150421_113934.jpg

One of the things I'm doing while I'm out there is to sterilize the area I'm planning on growing of all things that don't grow. The old saying, if it don't grow it's got to go. My military friends will appreciate that.

20150421_113949.jpg

I don't want any do-gooders stumbling into my hide/plants when they spy a beer can off the path.

Plus, I do that as a routine whenever I'm out walking. I'm a do-gooder sometimes, too!!

But, there was a more specific reason today.

While I was moving to site two, I stumbled upon a trail/patch of what appears to be rabbit shit, I'll go back with a bag tomorrow or the next day and collect it for my compost. I want to grab a few water samples also.

They must feel comfortable there,, sit and shit. I might drop a deuce next time to scare them off.... ;)

20150421_114414.jpg

I don't have any pics of site two. I'll work on that. I did hunker down for about a half hour and just listen. Very quiet area. Lots of dirt bike trails, and some people walk this area,, the outskirts of this briar field, but, I've got a good camouflage background, a bag of tricks in my kit for smell purposes, and a bunch of great people here that will add the nuggets of knowledge I love to find.

Have to make dinner,, more updates later including the strains.:thanks:

Hey DP,
Didn't see your Post#16. As you said, barrels are a great idea, but they have their drawbacks: set-up/break-down, filling, cleaning and lack of ability to fertilize/irrigate @ the same time chief amongst them. They also demonstrate that this grow is no accident.
This may be different for larger grows, but scaling up has it's own problems. I prefer to disperse plants. That way if something happens at one site (and it will) it's not a catastrophic loss. Small grows are also inherently more discrete.

Those pictures of your site are awesome MedMan, good job with the camouflage, I wouldn't give it a second look if I was passing by. Not that it would matter if I did, because I would admire the pretty pot plant and then head out :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I enjoy your saying, as an Eagle Scout picking up garbage is second nature to me. Litter frustrates me.

Ranger & Rudy, thanks a ton for the advice, I will definitely spread out my plant sites, at least 50-100 feet. Maybe I will be able to go farther apart but it all depends on my brothers limitations, I don't want to make him walk a mile in four different directions with 2 gallons of water haha :rofl: I think it will be obvious that our grows are intended with the 2-gallon jugs, so the more discrete the location the better.

Thanks Max. I like to think I've got some skills making things disappear. But, it's a constant battle to keep things unseen. That's why I say camo is constant. I was just a regular guy but I was around a lot of special people from various backgrounds and organizations and I have always been a lover of magic. Slight of eye, playing hide and seek as a kid. Then as an adult, and teaching that.

I have seen people disappear. And I have done it myself, or so they said. But this was in the woods or a field,, not on a stage. And it's half skill, half training.

I was in Sardina Italy doing some multinational training,, shore take downs/beach landings that kind of stuff. I got to work with a few gents from the British SAS. We, kinda observed the landing forces and marked some targets, boring stuff really. But, I got about five days round the clock with two solid guys and we got around, we were being targeted ourselves, and they taught me a few things that I still use today. I wasn't being tracked today, or maybe I was, so, I like to tune into that training from years ago.

This will be my favorite journal. It's part growing, part hiding.

It's a mindset, based on training. I see things when I'm driving with my wife that she'll never spot. I say things I've just seen all the time and she's like,, huh? My eyes have been trained to notice things, and how to make things be,, unnoticed. ;)

One of the reasons I got out there today was because it rained last night, and heavily. Tracks were cleared. I'll go back in a few days and see what's changed.

I've got to read this whole thread before I go on much.. But, I'm glad I started it. My original plan was to do it,, then after harvest in true guerrilla fashion make the report.

But, I like a good plan and still have time to learn things I can implement... time to stop talking and start reading.

Thanks all, boy scouts, xmilitary, growers with past guerrilla grows,,, hide and seekers,, anyone looking to help please comment!!!

:thanks:

I always amend the soil. In urban-GGs, it's almost a necessity. If I find a spot w/good soil, I tend to mix amendments w/local soil, otherwise I dig it all out & just use my mix. I know people who bury buckets, but that never made any sense to me. Limits root growth, and is clear evidence that the grow is deliberate. If you're already digging a hole, may as well drop the plant in it and bring the bucket home.

If you're planting on re-plants, add extra N to the mix. Wood chips can throw the C:N ratio all out of whack causing yellowing and lock-outs.

Hmm...

What risk between someone finding a deliberate grow, or not? I'm asking cause that's an interesting point and I'm not sure on your angle for that, but interested to hear it. My plan was to drop buckets.. fact is at this point it's to late to amend the soil.

But, I did think about dropping a bag of soil in a hole and letting it go. How much soil per, considering I'm doing mostly autos ;) probably only autos. And,, do I drop the soil and then the bean,, or drop soil and transplant plant later.

Thanks bro

Some of the best advice I can give from my experience of growing outdoors is: 1) always grow by yourself 2) Keep your plants small. 3) Pick your spot and build a "natural" cover from the plants and grasses around you. 4) Stagger your plantings and never plant in any pattern. 5) Make it hard for people to find your plants. I would NEVER recommend doing what dude did by planting 12 feet from thousands of foot-traffickers. That does take balls though. 5) Always be discreet

Thanks, good info, all good info.

Out there for anyone... noticed rain water is a bit acidic. Not much of a surprise I guess. Anyway,, for this kind of grow with mostly autos where I'm going to rely on the soil/teas and not sure about nutes,,, using collected water from my roof/ streams which have tested a bit acidic....do you recommend adding more/any dolomite to offset low ph water??

Hey DP,
Didn't see your Post#16. As you said, barrels are a great idea, but they have their drawbacks: set-up/break-down, filling, cleaning and lack of ability to fertilize/irrigate @ the same time chief amongst them. They also demonstrate that this grow is no accident.
This may be different for larger grows, but scaling up has it's own problems. I prefer to disperse plants. That way if something happens at one site (and it will) it's not a catastrophic loss. Small grows are also inherently more discrete.

Couldn't agree more

I'd say prep water ahead of time. Use rangers bottle drip method. Feed feed feed. Reap

Can't wait to get a little Guerrilla Grow cabinet all set up in my parents house for my bro this summer :rofl: :rofl:

Honestly though, prep it all there and go out on his stealth missions once a week... We used to sneak out of the house together and go smoke blunts or joints or out of our bong in this little dog park near our house, very forested area, private... I'm sure he will take a blunt out on his night missions and it will send him shooting back to the good ole days! :cheesygrinsmiley:

This puts a whole new twist on growing, I wish I had gotten started before I moved out! :rofl:

Re Post#27: Very cool. Stalker in our midst.
Have you checked out Brother John's writings on mis-direction w/cards? He starts w/hands and goes to mind/eye. Very cerebral.

Re Post#29: The appearance of a deliberate act affects the way JohnnyLaw responds. A couple scattered plants might be: a "stoner hangout," something some hippie did and probably forgot about, a fluke of Nature... A mess of eqpt, obviously carted in from somewhere else, starts to reek of commercial op. In the 1st case, they probably rip up the plants and think nothing more of it. Bummer, but no lost tears. In the 2nd case, they might take a little more interest. 2-l bottles are barely visible hugging a plant >3' tall, and the plant probably won't need help until then, as Spring is often rainy. Just my thoughts, there are surely other ways of approaching things.

Went kinda long there, don't mean to preach. Hope this clarification helps.

In my opinion there is not much you can do for smell because whatever you use to mask the pungent aroma of bodacious bud will just smell like bud with whatever smell-good you used. Fox piss and other predator pees are good for warding off deer that tend to go around those smells and not make paths through that area. I know of one HUGE grow that was next to a smallish pig operation. That was never discovered by smell but by mushroom hunters. That person was never caught either. Coppers called it a 2 million dollar grow but you know how they exaggerate. Probably in the neighborhood of 1 million to a million and a half. But the guy who had it had little triggers hidden so that he would know if someone had been there. Cops then set up cameras and busted a few people crawling in at night to steal the forbidden fruit. Some got caught, some did not. Cops can't be everywhere at once. I went in there the next fall and searched all night and found a single plant with four or five fat buds on it the next morning at first light. Reason why I know there was cameras is that my buddy had been growing a small patch of his own along side this other guy for years and never knew the BIG grow was there. Cops caught my buddy on camera on his motorcycle. When they interviewed him he was honest and said that he was in there to check his grow but did not know of the other grow. They eventually let him go but you can never get that kind of experience off your chest. They will always be looking at you in the future. So....not only does one need to be super-careful about his own grow but he also needs to scout the surrounding area for other grows. And ALWAYS have a ready-reason for why you are where you are in the woods or wherever, whenever you go near a grow spot. Because if you are caught it will usually be a big surprise and you don't want to stumble in your excuse of why you are there. They have seen and heard it all so you need to be as natural as possible.
I have been to jail for marijuana. Once for a large amount and once for a small amount. I have also been let go many times for small amounts. I KNOW what it is like in jail. It is the LOSS of freedom. No plant or grow is worth the loss of your freedom (see above story-Dude lost over a million dollar grow but he went home that night. And he is still at home 25 years later) You can always suck up a loss and go home and no one is the wiser but you can't do anything when in jail.
That being said I would brag 'til the cows come home on 420 but not say a single word anywhere else.

Hey DP,

Good advice Ranger... to disperse grows. My buddy's dad once had a grow on a large military base. He went to check on his two spots and saw, from a distance, that one spot had been found [found out it was by a helicopter later] and it took a couple of weeks for his buddy to convince him to check the second spot. Now these were 50 plant grow spots so he had a lot to be anxious about but when he did go check the second spot it was still there and he had a killer harvest.

That being said I would never recommend a large grow. The risk is just too great... they are too easily found, especially from the air.

4-6 plants spread around a site max. Differences may be a function of scale. Getting a $1m grow from sites containing only 4-6 plants would be a logistical nightmare. You'd need a notebook, GPS and a lot of road miles at the very least. It's always best to walk to a site; cars multiply problems.

100's of locations. Beyond nightmare

Back
Top Bottom