collembola. the cutest of them all with its “antlers” looking like bunny ears haha.
7EC5B09A-6946-414B-BB77-00CAA53F4DEA.jpeg
40233E25-B262-4872-BAB6-7B0CDA4FF797.jpeg
B1134ABE-0474-4647-BFA0-99C83E90D559.jpeg

how about this silverfish? another higher life form i welcome in the grow area.
6F39F6A3-7E65-484D-A012-E8721491C80F.jpeg
B1E28AF9-4CBA-4FDF-8B35-7BAEE9DCA33E.jpeg
You might want to re-think silverfish. They are akin to cockroaches in their eating habits, they'll eat just about anything, including vegetable matter (i.e., plants!). They like starches and sugars, they are not predatory on any other insect!!

You might want to re-think silverfish. They are akin to cockroaches in their eating habits, they'll eat just about anything, including vegetable matter (i.e., plants!). They like starches and sugars, they are not predatory on any other insect!!
they are not predatory they dont have to be to be in my grow area, collembola is not predatory either. if there wasnt a full garden in the room i’d treat it as a pest but in soil they’re not a problem as i have posted up there somewhere its a normal part of the soil fauna and i dont see any detrimental effects to my plants personally.

You rarely see them unless you move something, they are active in the dark, they hide when it's light. They like to hide behind baseboards, in closets, and under carpet edges (they'll eat carpet and clothing).
i know i know dont worry we’ll be fine i live in a house with a large garden so critters are everywhere and if something infests i’d know it because i always keep an eye on it.

collembola. the cutest of them all with its “antlers” looking like bunny ears haha.
7EC5B09A-6946-414B-BB77-00CAA53F4DEA.jpeg
40233E25-B262-4872-BAB6-7B0CDA4FF797.jpeg
B1134ABE-0474-4647-BFA0-99C83E90D559.jpeg
So I put down a couple of sticky traps on my indoor grow bags to catch fungus gnats. Mission accomplished on trapping a shiteload of the little bastards... So I noticed little tiny specs on the edges of the glue boards, smaller than pin points. So I took a look with my 90x loupe. And I see the same critters that you are showing in your pics, although the ones that I have are darker in color. They look like caterpillars with antennae and little smiley faces. Although I did just hit my vape...

:hookah:

So I put down a couple of sticky traps on my indoor grow bags to catch fungus gnats. Mission accomplished on trapping a shiteload of the little bastards... So I noticed little tiny specs on the edges of the glue boards, smaller than pin points. So I took a look with my 90x loupe. And I see the same critters that you are showing in your pics, although the ones that I have are darker in color. They look like caterpillars with antennae and little smiley faces. Although I did just hit my vape...

:hookah:
collembola (springtails) are definitely the cutest and very useful in organic soil, too bad they died in the sticky traps poor guys :(

Back
Top Bottom