A Question on Weed Sharing Etiquette - Need some advice please?

bkjoker

I have a problem I'm caught between my g/f and my best friend...both are stoners. I just want to know who you guys think is right or wrong, cause I honestly don't have a clue.

So my g/f likes to smoke. She is a pre-school teacher and so doesnt make lots of money. And she lives far from the city where her "dealers" normally operate, so they come out to her, but have a 3-bag minimum for the trouble. Which means she has to spend $150, every time she orders.

My friend who we'll call "Friend" also likes to smoke. He is just getting over some serious personal shit, and tells me that weed is really his only escape. He has no friends, and no support. And he told me that it means a lot to him. So, whenever my g/f comes around, he either asks us directly if he can smoke, and he prefaces is questions with statements like:

"I'll give a $10 to let me hit a joint"

or things like,

"You can say no if you want to, but it would be really cool if you let me hit it..."

Thing is, my g/f spends a lot and doesn't want the hassle of dealing our her meager portion of pot every time a Friend, wants to get "high". She says she doesn't mind smoking me out, but "3's a crowd" and she says she doesn't get as high when there are too many heads.

So my question is... Who's right? Is my g/f stuck up? Or is my friend inconsiderate.

Thanks for the reply Green Acres. I kind of thought that way too. But "friend" keeps making me feel guilty about it. i.e. He constantly talks about his "weedless" situation and how much it makes him go crazy, since it is his "only" release. Next time, I will tell him to stop asking, and deal with it.

Thanks again.

All depends on how you smoke it socialy.
Im happy to pass around a joint, yes you get less high, but isnt it better getting high with more people? (All depending ofcourse)

Your gfs comments im sure are justified and ok, and if your mate doesn't seem to buy any at any point then just either stop smoking around him if its bothering you/gf, or at least limit it. I've had it before, annoying and sometimes you have to say something.

:peace:

My friend who we'll call "Friend" also likes to smoke. He is just getting over some serious personal shit, and tells me that weed is really his only escape. He has no friends, and no support. And he told me that it means a lot to him.

well boo fn hoo, everyone i know has to deal with serious personal shit, if he was my friend id tell him its time to get ur shit together, and comin over here and smokin on my womans weed aint gonna get it done.
feelin sorry for someone is fine, if u want to bum urself out, but how has that resolve any problem. tell him how it is, it might just do you both some good. if he is a friend of yours he will come back to visit u, if he is a friend of your weed, he wont be back at all. either way, you will learn alot about each other ... :peace:

lol, whenever a friends asks me if he can smoke, I just say naw, that's usually the end of it. never becomes a big deal, unless they keep bothering me then I just tellem to fuckoff, if it bothers them then just shows wut kinda friend they are, all my friends kno I've smoked with them many times before,

Thanks for the advice, guys. I was really having trouble determining who was right, because both cases had merit. But I guess the majority is siding with my g/f. All in all, thanks for sharing your answers.

Let him know next time you're calling for the three bags. Maybe you buy one each and share

I think this is the best answer here. Its one of the only ones which is very 420 anyways. Instead of saying "fuck off" this option shows friend that you do care about him but can't always be bending over backwards for him. If he himself can't get, this allows him to get some magical green. I think this is a better way of sharing than just giving him weed, this way everyone is happy, and, to me atleast, that seems to be the attitude i enjoy.

U never said anything about u-r bag ????are is it all out of her bag ????? sell him a 10 dollar bag /are keep smoking are say u have none ??Its all 4 the common good !!~~~what goes around comes around remember that ???:

Theres a big difference between having a smoke with ur friends and passing the weed around and someone being on the bum. I have no problem sharing a joint with friends so long as it isn't always me doing the sharing! It's not right that ur partner foots the bill every time, I'd say ur friend needs to get his finger out and come to u and offer u a smoke. If u dont speak out it wont stop. If he's your pal he'll be cool and understand your point. He may have had hard time but who hasnt? Doesnt mean u have to carry him for rest of ur life!

Good point anyway, I hate freeloaders!

Yeah, I agree with Soniq - offer to get him a bag next time around... and then you'll know if he's just freeloading if he refuses.

I'd give him a damn bag to keep a good girlfriend happy...

Sounds like the "three's a crowd" factor is key though... I totally understand your girlfriend not wanting to smoke with a guy who's got problems everytime she comes to see you!

from what u said ,i think ur girl is right, friends don't treat friends that way,he sounds very needy:Rasta:

yeah i'm going to have to side with your girl on this one.. It sounds exactly like my brother, but he at least pitches in money for the bag, so there's no complaints there

Just read your question.

She's is totally right, and, if he is a friend, he should give her money for her to score for him. That way you will know he isn't what we call here in OZ, a "MULL SCAB" Everyone knows one.

I'd tell him that I understand that he's going through some things, but it's unfair for him to rely so heavily on your gf for weed. If he's that down in the dumps, try to advise him on how to get his life back together-that should be his number one priority, not bud. It's not your gf's responsibility to dole out her weed to him, she's not a non-profit charity.

I'd be like dude whenever you see my girl is here stay the fuck away.

Did he save your life or something?

All that bros befor hoes crap is for the movies.

gf is right....just let it on him by letting him know to get his own weed or just sell him sum...i smoke my friends out when i have a chance but when i don't well i don't...

Back
Top Bottom