A SOG Story - Northern Lights - 500w LED

cpt chronic

Hi all,

I am a first time grower so you can say my cherry has been popped.
I have finally decided i shall document what is going on so I can get some help along the way.

I have planted 1 NL bean on 6/17/2012 & the other 2 on 6/20.

LIGHTING
I am currently using a fluorescent tube for now. I am probably going to go ahead and change the light to the 500W Blackstar LED that I am going to use for flowering, just to speed up the process. What would changing a mother plant from an LED to a fluorescent do? Would it affect the plant in a negative way?

Light schedule is 16/8 since seed.

TEMPS
Temps when light is off stays at around 66F(19C) and when the light is on it goes gradually up to 77F(25C) at the end of the schedule. But for the most part it stays around 71F(22C) on average.

Here are some pictures

NUMERO UNO
001953.JPG
006707.JPG
005819.JPG

NUMERO DOS
003917.JPG
004851.JPG

NUMERO TRES
002976.JPG
007676.JPG

It took about 5-7 days to germinate. Thoughts, questions, comments, concerns would be great. This is all a learning process for me.

NUTRIENTS
Shoutout to Corey at BPN for these nutrients.
14418417.jpg

I am using the 3-part.

WATER
I am using RO water and the last watering I added 150ppm of the 3-part. Water is PH'd to 5.8 every watering.

MEDIUM

I am using coco coir from Botanicare. I planted all 3 into 1.5 liter Arizona Arnold Palmer bottles lol. I will transplant when they get bigger.

The first plant looks the nicest but it is also the shortest. The other 2 look deranged for some reason. The leaves look weird and kind of curly in some areas. Any ideas?

is this fungus or soemthing guys? i have searched but some say it is beneficial to have the white stuff on the soil and other saying it is fungus....

IMG_0345_1_.JPG
IMG_0344_1_.JPG

I decided to ditch the coco coir so i took it out and washed a lot of the coco off of the roots, shook alot of it out too. i put it into a 3 gallon dwc. water ph'd to 5.8. added a little soap to the res, not intentionally because when i washed my air stone, i used soap.. when i turned it on all of a sudden bubbles out the ass. haha. oh well i read that soap makes your plant able to absorb the water better. so i will leave it like that for this first little while.

been about 19 days since i last updated

IMG_0363_1_1.JPG
IMG_0362_1_1.JPG
IMG_0361_1_1.JPG
IMG_0360_1_1.JPG
IMG_0359_1_2.JPG
IMG_0358_1_1.JPG
IMG_0356_1_1.JPG

the new growth is looking pretty bad

i think it is because i had to use water bottle water and they looked great at first but then the growth really slowed down

i went and got some RO water and PPM'd nutrients to 430 in equal parts of all 3.

5.8 ph

Hi mate, how are ya?? Your girls are growing alright buddy..:thumb:
Your PH may be a bit low but once adjusted they should bounce back.. Yeah it looked like a fungus of some kind, whether its a bad sort i dont kno! But yeah good u moved em..
I think you should have some nice plants soon mate..Dont over fertilize em!:) I ve done it, but i grow in soil, so have a bit more of a buffer.
Take it EZ bro..Ill keep an eye on this grow! Later.. Smokemup..;)

Hi mate, how are ya?? Your girls are growing alright buddy..:thumb:
Your PH may be a bit low but once adjusted they should bounce back.. Yeah it looked like a fungus of some kind, whether its a bad sort i dont kno! But yeah good u moved em..
I think you should have some nice plants soon mate..Dont over fertilize em!:) I ve done it, but i grow in soil, so have a bit more of a buffer.
Take it EZ bro..Ill keep an eye on this grow! Later.. Smokemup..;)

thanks for replying buddy. i really appreciate it. looked at em this morning and now they look like they are loving it. the ph was off and nutrients were off as well, probably the temperature of the rez was off too. i have 2 jobs so the past week and a half i havent had time to do anything but sleep. i will from now on see how my baby is doing when i get off work lol.

Great news mate!:goodjob:
So whats your PH at now?? BTW, i use my tap water, once its sat for 24hrs, its at 6.2 and the chlorine SHOULD have evaporated.. But ive taken to buying Distilled water, its better than most bottled spring water and tap water..Plus i use it to top up car batteries when im recharging them so its handy:) Youre doin well workn 2 jobs, good on ya, i like ur work ethic! Unless your family's rich and buys you everthing, you have to do what you have to do and bust ur ass!
Good to hear theyre bouncin back for you:) I hope thats the last of probs for ya for a while! Take it Ez, chat soon..SMOKEMUP..;)

hey after the change they bounced right back and today they were up touching the light with the growth haha. very excited. i ph'd it to 5.8 and i am now using RO water from the store i fill up those blue jugs.

440 ppm equal parts of the 3-elite.

now the ph is at around 6.0-.1~

i appreciate the kind words my friend

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom