A58dguy's - Deep Water Culture - Skunk Haze - Grow Journal - 2014

I agree. I've already learned, a full-spectrum light can do both (veg and flower) and the full-spectrum seems to be better for the plants if it's the sole source. A dedicated spectrum light like a flower-spec UFO, is good for supplementing...but I'd not use it as an exclusive light source if I didn't have to.

my .02c :cool:

Not to turn this into a sales pitch, but I'll gladly give MY thoughts. So I had to look up the G8 bloom only, and the closest I could find to what I will have with 2 P300's is the G8 450watt bloom only for $599 The P300 at the wall both company and individual users are reporting 278* actual watts per light with the bloom on, so with 2 that should put my actual wattage at 550ish... not to mention the entire 4x2 footprint is now covered wall to wall(I dont think you'll get that with a solo 18'x11' unit). The price tag on 2 lights that only use 99w (each) while vegging is at $740(just over $700 if you use the 420 mag 5% discount(still waiting on my 1st one...) So with all that on the table I'm happy with my choice, I have a light that isn't restricted to flower only and I can split the 2 and have separate grows if needed. The power of 1 P300 has been shown quite well on here and other threads(see govcheese) so if i was going off of $700 for 2 P300's VS $600 for 1 450w flower only...I am happy with my choice. Am I a Platinum user...yes, Am I sponsored by them in any way...not a chance. If the lights were doing anything but excellent I would not only show it on here, but I would gladly report it for all to know. I made my decision to use Platinum products, by watching growers who had "great" results using other LED lights, and I was ready to jump on board with that company, but when I see and hear that they are receiving even better results from the Platinum lights it was an easy decision. If all you worry about is where to save $ then maybe this isn't a hobby you should start...the sun is a lot cheaper lol, but lets be real. I'm not sure of the $ being spent on Medicine out there but where I'm at for quality $20g is norm so $450-560oz is the norm. Do I think I will will make the cost of the lights back from 1 grow...absolutely. We will see if the USPS is worth a damn and I can get the new power cord today to give a shot of both P300's in action. Take it easy everyone.

...The P300 at the wall both company and individual users are reporting 278* actual watts per light with the bloom on, ...

I have to pump the brakes here for a sec. A P300 with both switches on only draws about ~180w from the wall. The mfg specs say 184w, my kill-a-watt meter said 178w.

Just clarification. :cool:

See someone here is tracking...sorry for the Early morning mistake. Adjust accordingly for the total watts, so my tent should be at 360ish. I'd still Stand by all other comments. Thanks gov

Not to turn this into a sales pitch, but I'll gladly give MY thoughts. So I had to look up the G8 bloom only, and the closest I could find to what I will have with 2 P300's is the G8 450watt bloom only for $599 The P300 at the wall both company and individual users are reporting 278* actual watts per light with the bloom on, so with 2 that should put my actual wattage at 550ish... not to mention the entire 4x2 footprint is now covered wall to wall(I dont think you'll get that with a solo 18'x11' unit). The price tag on 2 lights that only use 99w (each) while vegging is at $740(just over $700 if you use the 420 mag 5% discount(still waiting on my 1st one...) So with all that on the table I'm happy with my choice, I have a light that isn't restricted to flower only and I can split the 2 and have separate grows if needed. The power of 1 P300 has been shown quite well on here and other threads(see govcheese) so if i was going off of $700 for 2 P300's VS $600 for 1 450w flower only...I am happy with my choice. Am I a Platinum user...yes, Am I sponsored by them in any way...not a chance. If the lights were doing anything but excellent I would not only show it on here, but I would gladly report it for all to know. I made my decision to use Platinum products, by watching growers who had "great" results using other LED lights, and I was ready to jump on board with that company, but when I see and hear that they are receiving even better results from the Platinum lights it was an easy decision. If all you worry about is where to save $ then maybe this isn't a hobby you should start...the sun is a lot cheaper lol, but lets be real. I'm not sure of the $ being spent on Medicine out there but where I'm at for quality $20g is norm so $450-560oz is the norm. Do I think I will will make the cost of the lights back from 1 grow...absolutely. We will see if the USPS is worth a damn and I can get the new power cord today to give a shot of both P300's in action. Take it easy everyone.

Thanks for your 2 cents, and I understand what you are saying. It is convenient to be able to have a backup option, and it seems like it is doing quite well from what you are showing! (I am looking forward to the rest of your journal).

Would one ever use the P300 with the 'bloom' switch on for Vegetative growth stage at all? And that light being quite powerful, would you still recommend a p300 in say a small 3'x2' grow or even quite possibly a smaller 2'x2' tent?

I believe there are growers on here that use the bloom setting for their entire grow. For 3x2 or 2x2 id def reccomend one light. See what govcheese did with a single p300 in a 3x2. The 2x2 will be completely covered with quality light...hence my decision to use 2 in the 4x2...that is once a new power cord arrives. Was supposed to be today, but the post office is saying Thursday...So much for that.

I believe there are growers on here that use the bloom setting for their entire grow. For 3x2 or 2x2 id def reccomend one light. See what govcheese did with a single p300 in a 3x2. The 2x2 will be completely covered with quality light...hence my decision to use 2 in the 4x2...that is once a new power cord arrives. Was supposed to be today, but the post office is saying Thursday...So much for that.

A P300 is perfect for a 3x2 footprint. Also, I think radio shack carries the cords and barrel connectors needed to make a power cord. ;)

:cool:

if I had a toggle switch for my light I would only use the "veg only" mode for one maybe two weeks lol. light = growth.

I hate to do this but this Journal is done...I refuse to provide free advertising for a company that can only come up with "I'm sorry" as their best answer. For those out there that think everyone who purchases or is given a light only "fluffs up" the company they received it from...well be sure to check back in tomorrow for my final midweek update....you'll be surprised.

I hate to do this but this Journal is done...I refuse to provide free advertising for a company that can only come up with "I'm sorry" as their best answer. For those out there that think everyone who purchases or is given a light only "fluffs up" the company they received it from...well be sure to check back in tomorrow for my final midweek update....you'll be surprised.

That Is very disappointing to hear. I enjoyed seeing your girls grow up. If it is the light you are referring to I am bummed as I was looking into one for this summer. I am curious and ready for your update tomorrow. Hope all is well otherwise.

I'm sorry to hear about ur problems. I had thought things were going very good for you. Hopefully, you can get everything straightened out and back on task. Is this cause of the cord that was missing? Have you tried a PC power supply cord? I've seen a lot of those kind of lights use the same plug. Hope that helps, but I am really sad you're ending the grow. Good luck in the future brother!!

~K~:Namaste:

Yea, I was/am quite interesting in the Platinum LED lights, but now it seems like something sketchy is going on. This may honestly effect my decision.

Sorry for the delay, busy day. Also sorry for the short notice, little info previous post...I didn't want to post anything while still pissed, so I figured waiting a day would help. The big thing is the grow hasn't stopped, but does depend on the plants surviving the next 2 weeks on their own. If either survives I will continue the journal but I will no longer promote or defend the "Platinum" company. Seeing how I have openly stated on the grow, I feel no need to "fluff" a company that I purchased something from. What I didn't mind doing was telling the truth...The P300 is an amazing light, and I would highly recommend it for anyone wanting a serious grow light. I like it so much I recently ordered a second light to maximize the light in my 2x4 tent. The light arrived on Saturday, and of course I was excited to get it hung and turned on. So when I flipped the switches and nothing happened...you could say I was a little disappointed. Some simple troubleshooting proved the cord to be the problem, the light when plugged in, somehow seemed even brighter than the one I had, so not being able to use it sucked even more. Now I don't care how much something cost, $4 or lets say $369 if I purchase something I expect it to...work. Now we all know life isn't perfect, mistakes do happen, and that's fine but I do believe in fixing mistakes. When I called the Platinum company and explained the situation, I only requested that a new cord be "overnighted" because being the planning type that I am...I didn't want to rely on standard mail getting me the cord before I leave town. I still believe that wasn't to much to ask, whether I be a 1st time buyer, a repeat buyer..a buyer that has spent $740 on 2 lights in 6 weeks, or a buyer who openly promotes, recommends, and defends the light to many others on an open forum website that directly leads to more profits for the company who then ask "if Monday would work for delivery" I gladly accepted and had no hard feelings whatsoever. I was so concerned that I didn't want to have a reason to leave negative feedback on such a quality light that I then wrote Mark, the Platinum salesperson on this website who I have had multiple conversations with and he knew how pleased I had been with the light and their service. I wrote him to explain the situation, my concern for leaving town soon, and to try to identify who I was VS a random 1st time buyer....(Not that I deserve anything special for anything I may have listed above, because I don't believe I do) but I didn't want it to fall through the cracks and be where we are now...So when I checked the tracking that they sent Monday morning I was a little shocked to see the estimated delivery date of Thursday...I reached out to the company again at 10am letting them know the situation and requesting them to again fix the situation, to which my only response has been "I'm sorry"...Hence my apology for not being able to support them any further. I'm not going to go out of my way to bad mouth them, and I still believe they offer a great product, but I am truly disappointed with the way they chose to handle this in a business where customer service and feedback can go a long way....If you don't agree with me, then no worries, like I said earlier I won't lie about the results, I still think the lights are amazing....when they work. If you made it this far you're probably as high as I was when I wrote this...enough complaining, here are the 2 little girls that I hope make it through Christmas
116114.JPG
113118.JPG
114117.JPG
122109.JPG

Here is the "big girl" at 5 1/2 weeks. She is 22' tall and has a 28' diameter. I've counted nearly 20 tops at this point...
115117.JPG

And here is the "Princess" at 3 1/2 weeks. She is 11' tall, has 8 tops and has done quite well for being under a 45x3 led so long...
Both have been on an 11/13 on/off schedule for 1.5 weeks.
120103.JPG
119106.JPG

Here are 2 pics, of the current setup, as you can see the P300 isn't very bright when its on the floor without a working power cord...
118109.JPG

Here's one with the lights on...well some lights on, the P300 doesn't seem to put off any light....
117111.JPG

And one more close up of the P300 not doing anything....but holding down the carpet....

Hopefully this makes my point of being disappointed, even more so I hope that damn cable gets here so I can just go back to growing under great lights.

If you think this was a childish response, you're probably right...I can't explain how amazing this plant is...between PTSD, and previous anger issues its so nice to be able to not be "angry" and just disappointed with a company that has no impact whatsoever in my life. Prob doesn't seem like much to many out there, but its more for those who do:peace:

They are the same...used it as a way to show that I was excited to get the new light.

Very unfortunate situation. I hope someone from Platinum LED sees this thread and attempts to make this right. Service after the sale is the most important thing and one a lot of retailers forget. The girls still look amazing though!!! Good luck with the new cord.

~K~:Namaste:

Here are 2 pics, of the current setup, as you can see the P300 isn't very bright when its on the floor without a working power cord...
118109.JPG

:

:laughtwo::laughtwo:

But seriously, that is not fun(ny) to have a very expensive light come with a dysfunctional power chord. Yes accidents happen, but at that price, I don't think you were asking for too much.

Another thing... you mentioned the light may be brighter than it's twin light? Hmmm what is up with that? Is it possible for me to receive a light from them that is not as bright as the next guys light? (who ordered the same light)

I was almost sure but now I'm re-thinking..

Keep up with the grow, and I hope it turns out great man :yummy: taking a hit for you

Back
Top Bottom