A58dguy's - Deep Water Culture - Skunk Haze - Grow Journal - 2014

O.K. I want to get this out there, 1st and foremost... if you were considering a Platinum product at all I would 100% recommend you to go through with it. Obviously my opinion has quickly been swayed back to that of a satisfied customer. So a quick recap...a bad cord did make it out, i requested a replacement, which was sent for, but did get "slowed down" quite a bit...things happen. The biggest concern was not hearing back from the company...Mark did make contact today and explained the situation, and his concern. I truly believe his sincerity to resolve the issue, but due to "overall bad timing" things didn't go as planned. I do not believe this to the be the norm and would challenge you to find better service. Mark and I have already spoken and I hope to be ordering 2xP600's in the near future. I don't think you need any more proof to know that they went out of their to fix this.
So back on track...I will be posting pics as soon as I can today with both lights on. It will be the last post until the 1st week of Jan..(rants/thoughts/banter always welcome and replied to.) :peace::ganjamon::yummy::tokin:

Awesome!!!! Glad you were able to get the issue resolved. Any time your dealing with an online CS dept. you can expect hiccups. I'm glad they ponied up and got you working brother!!!! Sometimes all it takes is a little patience. Very impressed they were able to salvage your business and I hope we see some much deserved dankness coming your way soon.

~K~:Namaste:

As promised! Man is it bright in there... I will take another few pics in a couple hours, to show the immediate response. I will be changing their water tomorrow, bumping up to 75% strength nutes, to see how they respond before I leave. It will then be filling them to the brim and hoping for the best. I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Khreavyn, don't think I forgot about you man, the Tao will be mailed out as soon as I get back.

Before
123105.JPG

After
124103.JPG

The current conditions(I removed the small fan to see what the 2 P300's would do without it. If i need it back it will be replaced.)
125101.JPG

Under her own new light.
12690.JPG

My grow room glasses came just in time. :peace::tokin:
12735.JPG

I'm pleased to see things remedied and your grow ready to hit overdrive. You may want to raise those lights just out of ideal range (>15") and with less photons available they might slow down a little bit and buy you some time. I have to ask...how many days do you usually get from a full res? How many days are you gone for?

I usually add Water as needed to keep the level right at the base of the net basket. Prob 1 gal every 3-4 days. It's going to be close and I was thinking 18' above while gone. (16 days) not being able to watch the ph for 2 weeks worries me the most.

wow, well, it'll be a crap shoot. But it looks like you're hedging it the best you can.

...unless you set up a trickle bucket. You can put a brewer's bucket next to each plant (relatively speaking), they have stop-cock valves in the bottom to allow it to be easily drained into another bucket, carboy or whatever. Anyway, you can run the drain valve into each plant's bucket and open it just enough to drip...it could buy another couple days, but yeah that still doesn't address the pH.

So after 500 miles I get a break, only 300 miles to go...It's been 2 weeks of no care and I will be walking in on what's left of the grow if anything. Initial bets are the big girl didn't make it...and I'm hoping the critical might have been able to survive..we'll be there in less than 5 hours so it's exciting to atleast "know"...if some how they both are alive...I'll post pics later tonight, otherwise I'll prob do an update in the morning. On a side note I went to an actual "hydro" shop and picked up some "terpinator" anyone familiar with it?

image17185.jpg

This is how things looked when I left...

They're alive! I have no idea how...but both are alive. There was literally 1in of water left in the big bucket...all I did tonight was add plain ph'd water, and left them alone...felt bad for interrupting their sleep cycle but I think they both didn't mind;) I'll have lots of pics and stats tomorrow...hate to leave ya hanging til then but I'm stoked/high/on a phone..lol so a proper update in the morn. Happy new year!!

As promised...she has really been tested but I can't wait to bring them both back to full health.
image17189.jpg
image17192.jpg

The fan leaves kept her alive for sure, but inital looks at the bud sites look healthy.

Ok so here is the official week 8 update. Its been 4 weeks since both plants went into a 11/13 schedule and as most know they spent the last 2 weeks completely unattended. They both managed to survive which I believe to be an absolute testament to the strength of this amazing plant. Not to ramble or say I'm good at this, but I do want to make the point to any out there that may be thinking about growing but haven't made the leap...this plant wants to live...its called a weed for a reason. Anyways back on track, I started week 8 nutes at 1/4 strength to let them see how they react to the food again. I hope to bump it up again by Wed. I also added 20ml of the "TERPINATOR" which is a "25%" booster and came from a "personal" recommendation while on my trip. The other product shown is an organic "beneficial bacteria" to take the place of aquashield. Other than that the ph is back at 5.8 and I will be "hanging out" with the plants all day:tokin: Both P300's are about 12-14' above their individual canopies and about 8' from the larger stems. So I'll post more on Wed, hopefully there will be a noticeable difference in the right direction.:peace:
12938.JPG
12834.JPG

Here they are this morning shortly after lights on.
13036.JPG
131111.JPG

Just a quick product shot. Hope the booster helps.
13342.JPG
132102.JPG
13425.JPG
13524.JPG

Here is the "big girl" I am so impressed by her ability to survive, and how healthy her bud sites are after that complete abuse. Her roots went from being completely dry and brown to clean white just overnight. I'm a complete believer in "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" so I know she will become a beast.
13626.JPG
13722.JPG
13824.JPG

And here is "Princess" smaller for sure so if you want to know what a 2 week plant VS a 4 week plant here is your example. She has lots of healthy bud sites and I can't wait to see how she bounces back.
Thanks again for following along and I hope 2015 is a great year for growing.

Pics to follow. Sorry for the slow updates...big changes at work...anyways. They are 10/8 weeks old 6weeks of 11/13. They were given a 2 week death sentence with no care but not only survived but continue to grow. I plan on 3 weeks of nutes and a final week of flush so the end is in sight. Happy growing.

image17749.jpg
image17750.jpg
image17751.jpg
image17752.jpg
image17753.jpg

A few more from just now during the water change.
image17761.jpg
image17760.jpg
image17759.jpg
image17758.jpg
image17757.jpg
image17755.jpg
image17754.jpg

Don't you think they would continue to get better if you let them go longer? or are you ready to be done with it? The healthy white pistils might indicate they are still recovering. A typical 8-week strain can take 12+ weeks if stressed badly, but still rebound and produce strongly if given the chance.

Just saying...:cool:

Back
Top Bottom