Acesmoker's The Church Feminised Grow Journal - 2015

Hey Ace your plants look really healthy. I am a newby also and so far so good. Here is what i have learned about the defoliation. From what i have read i would do a light defoliation around 20 days or so into flower. I would just take the fan leaves that are covering bud sites. It looks like your room is pretty full so i dont know if you will be able to open the plant up to much. The buds that get the most light are the best buds. Nice grow

now for that famous question! "how much yield do you think I will get!" I know this question is always asked, and always answered the same, " it completely depends on your unique grow"

now im hoping anyone reading this will be able to get a good idea of my "unique grow" - theres a few pics showing the size and the training that's been done, and im a wear that these would only be estimates base off others own experience,

basically im hoping I could pull 10oz dry outta this tent from these 3 ladies, do you think this is achievable or am I looking at half that amount?

Whats up Ace? Iv finished 2 grows now and have been getting around 1.25-2 oz per plant. That's with the Mars 900 (around 450W) Ive read journals where people have pulled a pound in a 4x4 with the same light. I need to get my environment dialed in and a little more experience with the plants but that's my goal. :Rasta:

ok so my girls are now getting abit bushy, after a ton of research im not much clearer on an answer for " should I defoliate"

What I have read on defoliation (and did with my last row) is the prune everything but the top 5 nodes before they o in to flower. Then after the strentch about 21 days tidy them up again. Remove anything down to low that isn't getting enough light and clean up the middle of the plant so all the bud sites and getting light. When your done you should be able to look down and see some soil.
I think you will find different opions on this but try to remove whatever your confortable with and see how it turns out then you can make changes with your next grow. I plan on defoliating more this time around because I ennded up with a bunch of very small buds on the bottom half of my plant. Cheers

Thanks for the advice guys, im going to go with what your saying, taking off the shitty bits at the bottom and anything which is blocking bud from light ( if i cant bend it out the way). Its about day 21 in flower so i should be good for a slight clearance. Im thinking the yellow may be bleaching? As its only the biggest closet to the light thats gone yellow, and the heads of the plant which are further away are the greenest. And the 600w was only about 6 inch from the tops... ive raised the light and shall monitor....

Sounds like a good plan Ace. Six inches is pretty close. I've seen anywhere from 13 to 24 inches. A little higher will spread the light out better for more coverage area. Instead of super bright in just one spot. You have no major issues. You are doing the right thing. :goodjob:

hey snoop, thanks for the info! good going man, I think im happy if I can get 2 oz each, but would like 3! but then I always want more of anything good!

the first Crystals are appearing! and I can see their little mushroom heads using just my phone camera!

they have just had a nice drenching of water as im away for the next few days so hoping they will be fine till im back,

Nicholas, I have now raised up, im about 10" away from the top head, this also allows me to get in and have a real nice close up view of my ladies, cheers for the advise. pics to follow shortly :)

20151023_201332.jpg
20151023_201328.jpg
20151023_201241.jpg
20151023_201251.jpg
20151023_201221.jpg
20151021_230719.jpg

Great work so far bud. You don't seem to be doing anything wrong. You should start seeing some nice fat colas soon.

im back from a little trip away racing some cars!... my first time on a circuit and it was brilliant! but anyways you don't want to know about that, your here for the ladies!

before I left I gave them all a really good watering, about 4 litres each, 3 days in a row... then they have been left for 3 days to do what they need to... I had a little peak last night when I got home and there has been no problems, the watering lasted them well but they are feeling light now, so tonight they shall have another good water and feed. with up to date pics to follow tomorrow! there some nice frosting appearing now ;)

one question as im a newb here, how can I keep track of other peoples journals?

They are looking great and healthy m8. Have you given any thought about supercropping for next grows? I guess it will allow more space for bud sites to get more light. Only an idea though, havent known by experience yet. Anyways I liked your girls out there, I will be around this journal. :goodjob:

cheers for stopping by mate, I had a very brief thought about it, but being soo new to this game I didn't want to try too much at once,

this technique, am I right in thinking it involves pinching/twisting the stem to strengthen? I may have to look into this a bit more for the next grow...

Back
Top Bottom