My First Grow - South East Spain - Outdoor - Soil - Amnesia Haze Feminised

They had not been watered for 5 days hence the problem. The trays had water in them as they had just been watered just a few minutes before I took the photos. I always water so there is a decent runoff into the trays then empty the trays.

Looks like you overwatered them. If water collects in the tray and stays that way, that's not good for roots. They don't like swimming in water all the time. Need air too (wet/dry cycles).

I would suggest to remove the bottom tray and let the water drain out of the pot. Then wait until the soil dries up before watering it again.

Oh, you mean they were without water for five days? It shouldn't matter. If you gave them a good watering before, that shouldn't affect them. Five days between watering cycles is not unheard of.

Besides, this is not a sign of an underwatered plant. Something else it's going on and my bet is on the roots. Bottom half of your pot narrows down significantly and this is not exactly the best shape for the roots to spread.

I'm sure someone more experienced in these matters will chime in soon.

Seems to have recovered now. Just gave her a good watering and feed plus kept her out of the harsh direct sunlight for a few days.

recovered.jpg

Had to go away for a few days which ended up being 5 full days. Thought I could get away with giving me plants a good soaking before I left but one seems to have suffered. I'm hoping that normal watering and feeding will get the plant belw back on track?

wendy2_23-08.jpg
wendy1_23_08.jpg

Well looks like both plants have at least a couple of months to go if not longer. Although both plants are from the same batch of Amnesia Haze seeds, they do look different, and even though they have been planted in the same media at the same time (over 16 weeks ago) they are progressing at different speeds.

The smaller plant has been in flower for a few weeks now as you can see below.
wendy_buds.jpg

The larger plant has only just started to flower.
bertha_buds.jpg

Looks like a November harvest! :)

When I purchased the seeds I was such a newbie I did not even think about the total growing time :-( Trust me to pick a strain that has one of the longest flowering times!

Both plants doing fine although I have noticed the browning of the pistils on both plants. Is this normal for this strain (Amnesia Haze Auto) as at the very least I don't think they will be ready for harvest until the end of October?

aha_buds2.jpg

aha_bud1.jpg

yes it is normal, some pistils turn brown before others
and later on when you'll be at the end of flower you will notice sometimes new pistils appear.
hope that helps you out.

Thanks.

Both plants are doing ok. They do though look like different strains. I reckon the smaller plant has around 6 weeks of flowering to go with the larger plant needing at least 8 weeks. Such a long flowering process!

The smaller plant's buds are defiantly starting to fill out. I have fanned out the bigger plant's branches so they get more sun. Will post more pics later this week.

Both plants doing ok. Their pots are drying out on average twice per week and I'm feeding them with tap water and biobizz products. The smaller plant is much closer to harvest as the buds are starting to fill out but I reckon it still has 2 to 4 weeks to go.

out24.jpg

The larger plant may be as far as 8 weeks from harvest yet as it is still in flower with no bud development yet. Not a great strain to use for my first outdoor grow IMO due to the long flowering period.

out14.jpg

Had a great idea to fan out the branches of my big plant which should give it more sun and perhaps bring forward the harvest date which at present could well be November. The bad news is that it was not such a good idea as a night of strong winds resulted in a break of the stem. I just taped it and fingers crossed it seems ok.

broken2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom