The Church, Green House Seeds, DWC Grow

Wow, a pound! Shoot for the moon lol. I took a look at the grow on youtube of this strain. Imo i think at its current size that is a pretty hard goal. Though some indicas hold very fat dense nugs. Personally i would veg for another 3-4 weeks until she is 2 1/2 -3ft tall and really open up multiple bud sites. Really excited to see the final product with you though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah I hate being stuck in that situation. I really hope she explodes for you in flower.

Did you watch the greenhouse video on YouTube?

Arjan grew this strain and after 2 weeks veg from clone he somehow pulled 7 ounces. So that's why I think might be able to pull a pound.

But we'll see man. I would love to veg another couple weeks but there's no way I'll be able to wait that long haha.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Journey To A Pound

Hydro Day 26

"Zora21", decided to take your advice and train her a little. I've been trying for the past 3 days to open up her canopy to give her other bud-sites a chance in the sun. Here's what she looks like after a lot of LST.
hydro_day_26-3.jpg

hydro_day_26-2.jpg

Here is a closer look at the bending method I employed. Just some strings and heavy-duty clips.
hydro_day_26-4.jpg

Values of my grow room remain the same:

Water Temp:
66.5 degrees F
Air temps: 69 degrees F
PH: somewhere between 5.5-6.5
PPM's: are now up to 1550...this church is a heavy feeder. I had to up the ppm's by 250-300 after i noticed her growth wasn't as vigorous as usual.

LIGHT BLEACHING: I also noticed a bit of light bleaching or, what I presume to be light bleaching, at the top of her main node. I retracted the 400W HPS to 16inches and hopefully this helps.

Sexual Maturity: I planned to switch her to flowering on day 28 but then I realized she hasn't shown signs of sexual maturity yet. No alternating nodes or pre-flowers popping up anywhere. It would be a waste of good vegetation time to switch her before she is ready to flower so I'll just have to be patient with her for now.

CLONES: Other than that, I took a few clones from her during the week she caught root rot, as insurance. They both have rooted, though their roots are still tiny. From this point on, we'll also be following the growth of these two clones.

hydro_day_26-1.jpg

Awesome, im glad you decided to train a little. She is looking great and seems to be growing like crazy. She is kinda looking like one of my king tut plants other than those solar panel leafs lol.

Hey zora21, drop a link to your Grow Journal and I'll stop by and check it out!

I'm thinking bout grabbing an LED just so I can take nice purple filter pics like that!

Bloom Phase
Hydro Day 7 of Flowering
hydro_day_7_flowering.jpg

Last time I updated I mentioned that the church wasn't showing signs of maturity yet. I was wrong. After another close inspection I was able to see alternating nodes and calyxes growing, tiny but there. I immediately threw her into flowering. It's been a full week since then.

Flowering Night 4

flowering_night_4.jpg

Stats:
20 Gallon Reservoir
Water Temp: 64 deg F
Air Temp: 75-80 deg F
PPM's : 700
PH: 5.9
Nutrients: Foxfarm Tiger Bloom At Half Strenght.
400 Watt Super HPS / Air Cooled Hood 12 inches away
Flowering Night 4 / 12:12 Light Schedule

So it's been about a week and a half since I last updated. If you're wondering why it says "flowering day 4" that is because i reset her flowering clock. Truthfully i flipped her to 12/12 before she was fully mature. She actually just showed pre-flowers 4-5 days ago. I flipped to 12/12 after a month in veg from seed but it seems this church doesnt fully mature until 6 weeks from seed. For the past 2 weeks, after i made the switch to flowering, she just continued to veg. It's only in the past few days that ive seen a huge growth spurt from her. Plus with more and more pistils popping up everyday now i know for sure she has transitioned to flowering mode. So today will be Day 4 of flowering instead of day 18.

I decided to change my nutrients to Foxfarm Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. Foxfarm was the very first nutrient line-up I ever bought as a beginner grower so I have a soft spot for their brand plus i really enjoy how Grow Big and Tiger Bloom are PH balanced. It makes my PH stay more balanced plus Tiger bloom is a natural PH Down. So you can add nutes and ph down your water all at once with Foxfarm nutrients.

However, the down side to Foxfarm nutrients is that they're too strong. I tried feeding my Church full strenght bloom nutes and she burned like The King Behind the Wall, Manson Raider! It wasn't pretty, her leaves took a beating but she has recovered. I gave a flush for 3 days then began feeding her at 250ppms. I am currently up to 700 PPMS and probably wont go higher than 800.

I have her back in the 20 gallon reservoir. Her roots had begun to fill the 5 gallon bucket, restricting water and bubble flow.

I'm really looking forward to being the first to witness the monster this church is shaping into to. I'm expecting another 2.5 weeks of monstrous growth. Maybe yielding a pound isn't totally crazy talk after all. We'll see eventually. See you back on Night 14 of the flowering phase with the Church.

I'm thinking bout grabbing an LED just so I can take nice purple filter pics like that!

If your looking for a pound, and your looking at LED, so some research on the sponsor black diamond led. A member here Ledrf manufactures the perfect sun leds and members are pulling over 1gpw (including us) with them. Your yield will always be limited by your light. Lights are the most important factor in your grow to determine your yield. If you achieve 1 gram per watt (actual wattage) then your looking at 600 with your 600w HPS. Excellent start on your grow we are curious about the strain you're growing.

Harvest Day: Dry Weight Results

Harvest day came a little faster than I thought and I swear I didn't rush it. At day 46 in flowering, most of the trichomes around the different parts of the plant were cloudy, with a 2% amber to 10% clear ratio. 70% of her pistils were also brown.

I was nonetheless worried that I might have pulled her too early but the smoke has turned out superb. I'll discuss more details about the potency and taste in a grow report I'm gonna post after this.

Here is the final yield after a 7-day dry = 2.0 oz

harvest_day5.jpg
harvest_day-1.png
harvest_day-2.png

I hope I was able to provide a decent illustration of how to grow this strain in a hydro: dwc. I'll be updating a detailed grow and smoke report to the smoke report section. But for those who want the quick run down: I rate this strain a 9/10 for just plain good ole genetics, extremely fast flowering time, and a potent effect.

How do I judge potency?
This Church is 2x as strong as any of the street weed I've been buying for the last 3 months. Thats a simple enough test for me to separate good pot from bad pot.

Anyways, thanks for tuning in. I also have another grow running right now from a clone of this Church and also a mystery genetic female plant I popped from a bad of schawgs. This clone is much bigger than its mother was in veg and I'm journeying to produce some serious weight on my ride to a pound. I definitely didnt hit my 1 pound goal this time but I'm gonna try again. Tune in when I post it up later!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom