Addo's LED Veg/Flower Random Growing Goodness Journal

Alright so I maintain a 14/10 light schedule in Veg to save money also its small so I cant have too many big bustling plants growing in there over the course of a couple of months. However I seem to have the beginning stages of trichome production on some leaves? I'm going to give it a couple more days to see if they progress but I'm sure that's not common.

To further illustrate what I was talking about In the post previous to this one.

Veg tent PC clone

The two most noticeable parts to mainly the naked eye.
veg53.jpg

veg214.jpg

This sugar leaf tip is already starting to produce essential oils.
S20150804_0007.jpg

S20150804_0006.jpg

S20150804_0008.jpg

Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is maybe the can flower at 10 hours off, or its so close to her flowering schedule that in anticipation she is to excrete. Regardless I just thought I would put it out there.

Hey Addonexus, I noticed the same leaf development in my pineapples and same with the early leaf 'resin' after sexual maturity on the outdoor girls, however same leaf development, but no early leaf resin on the indoor lady, who was always at 18/6 during veg. Hope that helps shed some light on the topic, or at least in the search for an answer ha ha :)

I'll keep ya posted and in mind with cookies kush seedlings, cheers mate.
KJC420

trichome production at this stage probably has more to it for protecting itself from harm than anything else
once a plant is sexed it is then sexually mature

Hey Addonexus, I noticed the same leaf development in my pineapples and same with the early leaf 'resin' after sexual maturity on the outdoor girls, however same leaf development, but no early leaf resin on the indoor lady, who was always at 18/6 during veg. Hope that helps shed some light on the topic, or at least in the search for an answer ha ha :)

I'll keep ya posted and in mind with cookies kush seedlings, cheers mate.
KJC420

Nice, do you remember anything in particular about that batch since it would seem we have/had the same phenotype. I am also curious because I could easily grow nothing but that PC, the vigor is just unreal. As for the leaves they freak me out some times its like little hands vs cannabis leaves. If that makes any sense.

trichome production at this stage probably has more to it for protecting itself from harm than anything else
once a plant is sexed it is then sexually mature

Now being sexually mature will it not benefit me to allow for increased floral hormone buildup in the "tops" before I actually switch to 12/12. The way I understand it the more mature the lady the faster the transition and the more vigorous the top growth is due to built up hormones?

PC Clone

She is entering week 3 of flower. She is starting to increase resin production and the tops are starting to climb as well as maintain the surface area of say a Quarter (US Currency). I made sure every top has around the same 6 to 8 nodes so the energy production is even. However her dominate top and all that damn silica (she is no longer pliable, bending would be breaking) managed to sneak above the canopy I am debating weather I should bring her back down to distribute energy or just let her go. I haven't noticed much stretch recently as she has technically been under 12/12 for 5 to 6 weeks including transition time to flowering. So the only harm would be a main cola vs similar colas.

20150807_071231.jpg

20150807_071429.jpg

20150807_071246.jpg

Slight color change here and there
20150807_071342.jpg

More sideways shots thanks to Win10
20150807_071455.jpg

Subbed

I have a plant pre-flowering in Veg week 3. I say veg week 3 but they sprouted from seed on 4 July if that makes any difference. This plant in particular was knocked over and dumped out of it's pot and re-potted. I think in my case it is stress related as I have another plant, seems as if same strain and chances are very likely, sprouted same time with better development and no signs of sex as of yet.

I have hopes for your theory about maturity as I plan to veg these plants out longer than average. First solo grow so this is my trial run.

Your plants are looking good!

Its all about finding that one perfect lady with a good root structure, even growth, vigor and decent yield. The information I provided about the buildup in floral hormones is some book knowledge from authors such as George Cervantes and his bible and Ed Rosenthal and his confusing adopted text book. Its advised that you should not clone from a plant until about 2 months and beyond. So you know the sex, you see her characteristics, and she will root better and produce more than something taken early. When it comes to the floral hormones they advise 30 days of veg in between major stress such as topping. Because you are diffusing the hormones which are then being sent to other nodes to increase in size, to become the dominate cola. This is all arguable though because a healthier more mature plant will take less time recovering.

I hope this little bit of information helps and inspires you all to keep a mother or at least a good lineage and get some good cloning done. From my understanding its a lot earlier to flip a clone crop than to grow from seed every time. Its a quick process I mean 2 out of 3 of my plants in flower are from the same parent.

Add Greg green and Mel frank to that recipe of authors and that's some serious food for thought, and a nice chuck of Cannabis history too, from the older to the newer but gems all the way!!

Knowledge is the best form of power in any grow! :)
KJC420

Its all about finding that one perfect lady with a good root structure, even growth, vigor and decent yield. The information I provided about the buildup in floral hormones is some book knowledge from authors such as George Cervantes and his bible and Ed Rosenthal and his confusing adopted text book. Its advised that you should not clone from a plant until about 2 months and beyond. So you know the sex, you see her characteristics, and she will root better and produce more than something taken early. When it comes to the floral hormones they advise 30 days of veg in between major stress such as topping. Because you are diffusing the hormones which are then being sent to other nodes to increase in size, to become the dominate cola. This is all arguable though because a healthier more mature plant will take less time recovering.

I hope this little bit of information helps and inspires you all to keep a mother or at least a good lineage and get some good cloning done. From my understanding its a lot earlier to flip a clone crop than to grow from seed every time. Its a quick process I mean 2 out of 3 of my plants in flower are from the same parent.

Great info that I will definitely add to my notebook. The 30 day thing is something I may take into heavy consideration as I'm a topping addict. That info may help me control it or the plants will never go into flower :rocker: Good advice as always, thanks!

Add Greg green and Mel frank to that recipe of authors and that's some serious food for thought, and a nice chuck of Cannabis history too, from the older to the newer but gems all the way!!

Knowledge is the best form of power in any grow! :)
KJC420

Well said, I am on kindle right now looking for those authors, thanks for reminding me.

Hey Addonexus, I've actually located some old photo's of my pineapple! I'm going to transfers and upload some tonight :) yeah I noticed my pineapple's get huge, certainly as big as a hand! I even have a dehydrated and flattened leave from my pineapple, I kept it cos of the awesome amount of blades it had, 9+ blades per leaf from what I remember :) and yeah it was super vigorous too! Smoking pineapple was great, my best tasting strain at the time easily andade my joints like knees and elbows even fingers, all felt amazing, I don't suffer arthritis much at all, but there was a noticeable medicinal effect there!!

Ill post pics soon :)
KJC420

Nice I cant wait to see them. I was a little disappointed in myself when the lights turned on today. I forgot to hook up one of my buckets to an air source. So its been a little under 24 hours without proper air. The water maintained its ph balance though and I don't have any signs of stress aside from one leaf that just seems to be withering. One thing I can say though is her bud production is different from that of her mothers. I'm sure it has to do with maturity since in essence she was in veg longer than her mother. Also I contribute a lot to 2 additives that have joined my lineup and a PPM of around 500. This seems to be the sweet spot anything over and its burn or claw action. When the water dissipates it concentrates to around 700 ppm which I'm assuming is the max they can handle. I feel that the next time I flower this strain I will have no problems at all, and this will happen some time next month. It would seem that her flower production has increased recently, once again a more vigorous version of her mother. It would be nice to catch a glimpse of what the breeder had in mind. Thanks for the post you are just making me salivate.

Well the dates are a little off from before but luckily I have found my notes. So my pc clone has just finished up with week 3 and begins the first day of week 4. For the last 2 weeks I have been using the add back method to try and keep what ever beneficial life has colonized. I feel however its time for a flush and to see if she can take a little more nutrients now. Here are some pictures and trichome development. The trichomes are a mix of buds, sugar leaves, and fan leaves.

DSC010344.JPG

DSC010357.JPG

DSC010369.JPG

DSC0103710.JPG

DSC010388.JPG

DSC0103910.JPG

DSC010409.JPG

S20150813_0001.jpg

S20150813_0003.jpg

S20150813_0004.jpg

S20150813_0006.jpg

S20150813_0009.jpg

S20150813_0012.jpg

Yes Pineapple Chunk, and yea after looking at the pictures I took they do have the same floral arrangement its just this time around the roots were maintained and she is now rivaling the size of her mothers buds at 4 weeks in. I hope they look like your grapefruit.

Hope your pineapple may deliver big dense fatcola's. :high-five:

The grapefruit buds are rather fluffy compared to the other plants nugs, will see if they gain some more weight during last week .

Back
Top Bottom