Addo's LED Veg/Flower Random Growing Goodness Journal

from what I understand you can do root pruning in dwc
no I haven't tried it

Well I believe My PC mom has developed a case of root rot. The culprit is a little device i use from a certain brand name hydro company. Their drip feature on the model I received at the time was inefficient and clogged/malfunctioned easily due to shotty construction and components. However I re purchased the drip separately and it has since been updated. No problems to date. Next comes the size of my reservoir. upon entering flowering her reservoir was full of white roots literally packed. Thus having nowhere to expand they began suffocating the oxygen and developed rot. I have since given her an independent air stone on top of her drip feature and an independent air pump for 5 gallons on top of her drip which taps into a 40 gallon air pump being fed to 3 dwc buckets. Needless to say she should be better off, and I believe its reflected in the weight she is putting on. However she is still taking constant leaf damage. I think once my remedy for root rot is complete and she heals up it wont be anything noticeable after the initial trim for drying.

On board with ya brother! You have some very nice looking plants!!!

Better late then never my Brother in Arms. Beautiful plants. I am subbed for the show. Thanks for the invite.

Sweet journal you've got going here Addo!! And some really sexy looking girls I might add. I hope my VK turns out half as good as yours did.
:goodjob::circle-of-love:

I hope you don't mind if I stop by sometime to have a peek as your garden.
:popcorn:

Yea there starting to put on some weight. I have a problem though lol the tops are a little too sticky so they bunch up together, I had to peel them apart and tie them down. This should allow for better light penetration. Any tips on getting a few extra grams in flowering?

Your girls are getting too sticky.....?? Hummm..... Sounds like a very good problem to have. :)
:yummy::blunt:

Better late then never my Brother in Arms. Beautiful plants. I am subbed for the show. Thanks for the invite.

I'm glad to have you if I can provide any information to make your grow easier please feel free to ask. I also have amazon prime so I don't mind looking through books for answers.

Sweet journal you've got going here Addo!! And some really sexy looking girls I might add. I hope my VK turns out half as good as yours did.
:goodjob::circle-of-love:

Honestly I had a couple of hiccups, I should of defoliated earlier to have better used her energy. There was one point where she had a ph deficiency which was just a concentration of nutrients with not enough water. She didn't give a F$%* though, she still produced dense, orange buds that smell something sweet. God its such a good smell. After reviewing your work though im sure my results will be another hill compared to your mountain climber yields. I wish you the best.

I hope you don't mind if I stop by sometime to have a peek as your garden.
:popcorn:

I fully support peeping

Your girls are getting too sticky.....?? Hummm..... Sounds like a very good problem to have. :)
:yummy::blunt:

I feel the same way but my concern is trichomes sticking to each other means they have bonded and when I pull them apart its not going to fix a ruptured trichome. However it is a very small instance just a couple of rogue tops trying to muscle their way into the focal point of my lights. I cant be mad at them survival of the fittest. Also its a small part of 2 colas they will fatten up and so will the other 5 to 6 :high-five:

Nice journal ;) :thumb:

Vanilla kush put on wanted list :)

Wonder how the pinepaple chunk will deliver

I'm correcting some problems with it like a cal mag deficiency, I'm also going to add some Botanicare sweet to the solution to increase terpene production for more aroma, energy, and essential oil production. She has about 6 weeks to go including flush time which would put here 1 to 2 weeks over the promised harvest time.... Now that I am aware of the issues I can apply all methods to her clone which is looking good. The purpose of this crop is not to get a max yield although that would be nice. It was purely to experiment with different pheno types and nutrient ratios to establish a solid growing regiment. Once everything is locked it, it should be a piece of cake to produce some potent flowers.

So time to discuss a few things, I have a Cal/Mag deficiency and a little root troubles on one lady. Today is her normal res change so she will be flushed as normal, and will receive some Sweet Raw and Sensi Cal Mag Xtra. With hopes of making up for lost ground and compensating for distilled water. On a good note I had my pens re calibrated both of which have held their calibration apparently for months. This is significant because I don't use a solution to store them, and sometimes I don't clean them like I should. However you get what you pay for and I am very pleased.

With regards to my roots Cannazym is working like it always does, we now have a lighter shade of roots over all, and I expect them to bleach a little more after the Cal/Mag is introduced. We also have new root growth. These are all good signs.

PC#1 in flowering maintains a diet of about 600 to 700 ppms and is allowed to drop to 400 imbetween watering to prevent nutrient build up. Her clone which is about a week and a half into flowering was just adjusted to 1000PPM to test her nutrient tolerance. Being DWC if I open the tent and I have some claw action or burn I know its too much however if she comes out like a champ I will maintain an aggressive feeding schedule.

PC is supposed to be a decent producer and have a decent nutrient tolerance so fingers crossed. On the flip side her clone that is in veg continues to develop new roots with the help of some rooting enzymes, and cannazym to boost colonization of beneficial life within the roots and water. She is now expressing sexual maturity on every visible node, and Is being trained to resemble a bush. This is however a slow process as she seems to be using the silica to bolster her cell walls vs producing massive fan leaves. Positive none the less.

She now has some clones of her own that are ready to start life away from their mother. This is a milestone for me because all other grows have been from seed. I have experimented with clones in the past to develop proper methods, reduce the time it takes to root, and the best method of developing a substantial root system. I have never flowered a clone, nor have I taken a clone that is already expressing sexual maturity. From what I understand as time goes on and maturity grows so does, rooting time on new growth, flower production and reduced time to transition. If I was to throw a guess out there once it comes time to flower she will be the heaviest producer to date.

I am always open to suggestions and criticism so if you have either feel free to spread the knowledge. I hope that those who subscribe enjoy what they see. Happy growing.

Flower

The Knuckle bend.
DSC009885.JPG

DSC009894.JPG

The Accidental Knuckle
DSC009908.JPG

Explosion of growth as she ramps up for flowering.
DSC009934.JPG

Explosion of growth as she ramps up for flowering.

VEG

Sexually Mature PC#1 Clone

DSC010004.JPG

DSC010024.JPG

DSC010016.JPG

DSC010054.JPG

PC #2's clones taken before flower

DSC010114.JPG

DSC010138.JPG

The non false Cookies Kush
DSC010085.JPG

Tight internode development
DSC010098.JPG

Habanero Peppers

DSC010154.JPG

Node spacing

DSC010164.JPG

I just transition to a certain version of a mainstream operating system that is on their 10th installment, so when I view the pictures they appear straight, however when added to this fine website they appear how they were taken. I expect this trend will go on for a while so I will adjust my shots to produce a better and straight image.

I was messing around the other day and re stumbled on something I had forgotten. However now I can put it into practice. All of my ladies have maintained a 5.9ph unless it was something out of my control. From now on and in the future all veg will take place at 5.9, for this strain and my phenos in flower the ph will vary by age. Transition to three weeks will maintain a 6.0, 4 to about 7 will maintain a 6.3, finally 8 to flush will maintain 6.5. With the flush and plain water at 6.0 until harvest.

Clone Progression and Genetic Deformities

As of 7/23 according to my NEX-5T

DSC009567.JPG

DSC009719.JPG

8/1 Roughly 8 days progression considering the time of day I do maintenance

DSC010184.JPG

DSC010174.JPG

The 3 King's (fighting for the dominate Apical dominance, they don't even know I'm watching them muahhaha)

DSC010203.JPG

This growth is common amongst all of PC#1 lineage, might do some research soon

DSC010237.JPG

PC#1 Progression of bud development and correcting deficiencies

The broad picture, some leaves have a brown fringe which was either caused by lack of oxygen to the roots or cal/mag deficiency. I am leaning towards the deficiency more solely because she has been in hydro for so long even before entering flowering. Also I never supplemented it until now. However she continues to put on weight pretty steadily, her trichome development is looking good I have yet to put her under my microscope but I can tell they are starting to swell because she is glimmering in the light. I have recently added Sweet to my lineup to fuel some Terpene development to encourage growth and flavor/smell. Once I understand the strain a little more and correct this deficiency and or prevent it in the others I will be playing around with the pH through the grow. They all reside around 700ppm, a little lower in transition.

DSC010264.JPG

DSC010255.JPG

DSC010287.JPG

DSC010296.JPG

The string and pink ribbon present in some pictures are just thing I had laying around that I used to LST and or train to open light to the lower buds. Also Breast Cancer Awareness :high-five:.

Looking good brother!! :thumb:

Thanks Addo. I just tried to lick my computer screen....
:circle-of-love::yummy:

Back
Top Bottom