Advanced Nutrients - What's worth it - What's just hype?

oxide1

420 Member
Hi Everyone!
started growing again this year after about 20 years off, been growing mainly auto's and have been pretty happy so far.
Been growing in coco coir, using a mix of cali magic, the advanced nutrients base pack, plus sensizyme, and have been pretty happy with everything i've produced...

but could i be more happy?

are these products like bigbud etc worth the extra money?

anyone?

Welcome back to the garden. ;)

I'll repeat my usual rant about how plants still just want the N, P, K, and trace elements that come in the basic two- and three-bottle fertilizer solutions, and will happily grow in a sunny pile of manure, but the marketers have a plan to get you to drop another hundred bucks or more on magic juice with cool names and sexy graphics. Caveat emptor.

IMHO, if you have extra cash to spend on your grow, based on my experience and what I see around here, the first place to invest is in better (more!) lighting.

Providing your grow room is set up perfectly heres what i think.. as said above light and enviroment is way more important than nutes but a good mix does matter.

I use the AN ph perfect 3 part and i think its one of the very best base nutes on the market. If growing im coco coir its also a good idea to supplement calmag. Sensizym is worth using to keep roots healthy and also voodoo juice. Pay special attention to your rootzone and the plant will thank you. Other than that i would use diff brands for root stimulators and flower boosters. Check out my feed schedule in the coco threads. Its tried and tested many times over.

You want a quality base nutrient.
Quality root stimulator.
Beneficial bacterias, fungi and enzymes.
Quality pk supplement.
Calmag

Thats the basic answer. I will find the link to my feed schedule and add it here.

Once your environment is perfected and your lighting is maxed out, however...

I run Advanced Nutrients base nutrient, a pre flower, mid flower and late flower bloom supplement, and flush. As well as bio stimulators, terpenoid booster and extras.

I'll leave brands out as its whats cheapest near me but adding the right supplements at the right time are key.

I'd follow CULTIVATORS feeding schedule, looks tasty *saves link*

Back
Top Bottom