Advanced Nutrients

Wow. Who knew a thread from back in 2009 would still be going strong now?

I haven't changed my mind - and this whole conversation just goes to show that some people are more interested in fighting about semantics than about showing their results.

If you get results from a nutrient line, that speaks more than just 'well I think...' comments ever do. I've been growing for years now and I can say without any hesitation that Advanced Nutrients has yet to let me down. I mean, obviously, I don't have perfect grows, and I have yet to see anyone else have one either.

But Advanced seems to be the only nute line that consistently delivers on their promises. That said, and I think this is why people get so, um, defensive about which nutes are best is that they think everything on the bottle should tell them what to do.

Directions aren't orders kids, they're guidelines. I have never ever done exactly what a nute bottle told me to do. What I have done is looked at a nute bottle and then decided whether the directions made sense to me. if they did, I followed them, minus a little because all nute companies tell you to use more than you should (just like shampoo bottles tell you to rinse and repeat. Seriously? No, they just want you to use more so you have to buy a bottle more often....)

Use your heads folks and you'll find the nute combination that works for you.

But this trying to prove other nutes wrong is a bit of a waste of time, don't you think? I'd rather hear a discussion about proving that a nute works well.

That's why I come to the boards. Show me something better than what I use, and I'll use it. Not because you knock my nutes, but because you can prove yours work better.

:ganjamon:

I appreciate that bro. you saved me the time and frustration of having to explain without offending. Especially when someone is trying to correct another and is complete incorrect them self.

I am a user of AN but this is not the reason why i got upset. Its because i stumbled upon someone recklessly saying something that just was bluntly not true. I proceeded to inform the individual of his ignorance. I personally dont even use the organic nutes. Just wanted to correct someone. I only stumbled upon this forum looking to see what people thought about AN and the personal experience with them. Has any one used the fallowing and what did you think about it - Bud Candy, Bud X factor, Bud ignitor, Nivana.

Very well said, Sensibowl. I'd thought about jumping in with a similar response but you did it far better than I ever could have.

Oh, and let me just add that I grow 100% organic using nothing but Advanced Nutrients. Anyone who thinks it can't be done or that they don't have a complete line-up of all organic nutes is either not looking very hard or intentionally ignoring facts.

I'm really looking forward to the organic Big Bud they said they're coming out with soon. If it's anywhere near as good as the regular one I won't ever do another synthetic grow again.

Ive tried just about every nutrient company out there, and advanced nutrients is by far the best in my opionion, faster growth rate stronger plants and most important bigger yields, ive been using these guys nutesforless.com for about a year now they have a great way of doing business and offer lost of incentives to loyal customers, myself i love advanced nutrients organic selections :tokin:

Looks like I missed the more exciting part of the debate.

Thanks for the suggestion stoner1387, I check that site out next time I need to buy nutes to see how they compare.

Ive tried just about every nutrient company out there, and advanced nutrients is by far the best in my opionion, faster growth rate stronger plants and most important bigger yields, ive been using these guys nutesforless.com for about a year now they have a great way of doing business and offer lost of incentives to loyal customers, myself i love advanced nutrients organic selections :tokin:

I agree with you.

I haven't checked out nutesforless.com yet, but you bet I will. Any way I can save a few bucks is cool with me.

My current lineup is:

Sensi A&B
Voodoo Juice
Bud Candy

Rocks the harvests every time.

yeah, me too Aeroherbs, seems like we missed out on the hot topic. Of course, it seems like this argument keeps getting rehashed over and over.

Why not just be cool with what you use and let others do what they want? I don't give a damn what anyone uses - unless it's really going to wow me - and AN is the only brand that has wowed me so far.

It seems that it isn't enough for some people to believe they're saving money, they need everyone else to agree that they're saving money too.

That, and if you consider something too expensive to buy you need to justify to yourself and everyone else that it's not because you can't afford it, but because you're smart not to spend that much money in the first place.

But the truth is that different things have different values to different people. So while I may look at a $200 toaster and be baffled that anyone would want such a thing, someone else might thing that - for what they're getting - it's worth every penny.

If I'm a nice person I'm happy that they're happy with what they have, and I make toast that makes me perfectly happy with my $15 toaster. Otherwise I try to convince them that they're stupid and gullible for spending that much money on a toaster, when that's simply my perception and not necessarily reality.

Looks like AN has been banned from sale in Oregon, either from having unlisted pesticides or misleading/wrong ingredient amounts.

ODA Pesticides Division Fertilizer program stop sales

Some other big names on that list also.

DD
That's funny...

It's BS.

It doesn't say anything at all about pesticides. It says that Advanced Nutrients hasn't registered their products with Oregon. The Oregon Department of Agriculture doesn't let anyone sell fertilizers without a prior registration.

It's like being registered to vote. You can't vote if you don't register, but if you don't want to vote there's no rule saying you have to register.

Hi I d just like to say i've been using AN four grows now in sunshine mix and have found it to be awesome. simple i just stick to the new feed chart 4 ml for the base and 2 ml for additives all the way thru the grow flush last two weeks with final finish. micro, grow, bloom, voodoo juice, b52, big bud, and overdrive..Ya its expensive but its designed specificly for weed and it grows the best weed hands down .so to me its worth it considering all the time you invest into a grow u want max yeilds and potency, Thanks Advanced.. BC:)

It's BS.

It doesn't say anything at all about pesticides. It says that Advanced Nutrients hasn't registered their products with Oregon. The Oregon Department of Agriculture doesn't let anyone sell fertilizers without a prior registration.

It's like being registered to vote. You can't vote if you don't register, but if you don't want to vote there's no rule saying you have to register.

To be fair, there were a couple of "mislabeled product" designations on that list as well. And... I don't believe that the registration requirement is a brand-new thing in that state. It's also not the only state that requires such things before allowing fertilizer/nutrient/etc. products to be sold. Considering that selling such things is kind of the main thing that AN does (it's not like if your local concrete plant decided today to start producing fertilizer and gets nailed tomorrow because they hadn't really thought about the whole fertilizer sales thing yet), it's a bone-head move to NOT register the products prior to selling them in the state. But pulling the occasional bone-head move is a sign of being human. It happens.

A quick click on the search link on that page and typing Advanced Nutrients just gave me a rather large list of AN products (87 of them, to be exact). 67 of them are registered as of today. 27 of them display "Canceled by Registrant" as their status. Perhaps AN decided that the level of heavy metals - or something else - would exclude those particular products. Maybe it had to do with labeling concerns. Or it might have been another reason altogether that caused the decision to withdraw those 27 products from the registration process. There's probably no way to tell one way or the other when someone cancels the registration before it is completed.

I did notice that at least one of the products that had been classed as a "mislabeled product" (0-0-1 Tarantula) is now registered in OR. Assuming that there's only one 0-0-1 Tarantula product and that the one that is now registered is the same one that was being sold before, I find myself wondering if AN changed the label in some way (or the formulation to match the label) - or if it has since been found to not actually be mislabeled.

I do like sites like that one. It (presumably) keeps companies from figuratively (literally?) pissing into a bottle and then selling it. Well, that one might pass, lol, IDK. But you get my drift, I suppose. It is also a quick way for people to check ingredients and compare products.

I hope that the registration/testing process is reasonably cheap and painless.

It is probably neither, lol.

I haven't heard anything about AN trying to sell products in a state they weren't registered in, have you? This is just a list of things Oregon says can't be sold, not a list of things that someone tried to sell when they weren't allowed to.

I don't live in Oregon so I don't know what's in stores there and what isn't. I'm just saying that to be fair we don't know whether any rules were broken at all.

And since they don't seem to be having troubles with registration in any other states I'm guessing there's something "special" about the hoops Oregon makes them jump through. There's a lot of other companies on that list that are having similar issues.

I'm pretty sure the heavy metals thing was a rumor started by their competition, btw. The reps in that business are pretty brutal.

As far as the Canceled products go it's probably products that AN canceled altogether. They've been reworking their line for about a year now with lots of new stuff replacing old stuff.

What you were saying about Tarantula - that's probably what the problem was. I could definitely see some kind of organizational snafu where the new label ends up in printing sooner than it ought to (or an old one longer than it should) and bottles ending up with the contents not matching the label.

I do like sites like that one. It (presumably) keeps companies from figuratively (literally?) pissing into a bottle and then selling it. Well, that one might pass, lol, IDK. But you get my drift, I suppose. It is also a quick way for people to check ingredients and compare products.

I hope that the registration/testing process is reasonably cheap and painless.

It is probably neither, lol.

It's a government agency, so what a bureaucrat considers "cheap and painless" would probably be considered a violation of the Geneva Convention at Guantanamo Bay.

I like the idea of someone checking up on corporations, but I certainly wouldn't trust the government with that job.

"I got a hundred gallon of Bio Bizz
two hundred gallon AN
goin to Oregon, Oregon
I got a hundred gallon of Bio Bizz
two hundred gallon AN
goin to Oregon, Oregon

Well, I'm drivin my truck, cross country

With a hundred gallon Bio Bizz and about six G
Me drivin through Bend, me see two cops
They lookin at me funny like they really want stop
Me just turn my head, and gwan on me way
Put Reggae ina de tape and press play
Me get one block and me hear "Pull ov-ah"
The gallons are in the trunk, with a thin cov-ah
They ax me for ID, driver's license prefer
Me ax them "Was I breakin any law, officer?"
They said "Oh yes, you passed State line
Carry'n' unregulated nutes in these here parts now is a crime"
I said "Is that so?", and spark up me spliff
Bust two hits, blowin ina the bwoy head 'sum big 'ol rings
His knees just-a-buckle, and his body-a-drop
Me put the truck in drive, and me did not stop
When I get to Oregon, I'm gonna set up shop
Bwoy!
" -BDP(~ish)

;)

hahah this is just like the other post but here il say it again

I totally support Advanced Nutrients. heres why

(oh and i dont work for them lol)

People say they are expensive. Okay, sure, but they do research, and you know what? that costs money. but it pays off. consistent heavy yields, high thc percentage. what more can you ask for? quality is always there too. i know a couple of people using advanced, and even my buddy whos been growing for a couple of years recently switched to advanced after i showed him my stuff.

I run their

Sensi Grow a n b
Voodoo juice
Liquid Carbo load
B-52

Flowering
Sensi Bloom A n B
Bud Candy
Big Bud
Bud Blood
B-52

i notice flower sites a day or 2 into flowering. crystals form at about week two or 3. im not kidding. my plants just hit week 4 and check out this latest pic. they are vegge for 4 weeks and flowered for 9 weeks, but in week 4 of flower. they are about 3 1/2 feet tall, if not more. check out my thread!! ive been using AN since week 1. used oneness but didnt like it very much.

Oh yeah CaliGrown's 2nd grow Casey Jones and Bubble Gum from Oaksterdam! DWC!

herbal.jpg

can someone tell me why he is using carbs in veg and not flower ?? also i know bud candy is supposed to be carbs and sweet leaf , but i still add 400ml of carbs to my 60 gal res in flower in conjunction with bud candy ? just curious as to why he uses it in veg and how they benefit from it and second hy not in flower ??? thanks all

I was doing some searching some time back and came across this page:
contaminants in cannabis
It lists chemical analysis for some AN products.

It also discusses a few other things such as phosphate/etc. in cannabis grows, cadmium uptake, why cadmium levels in the blood, kidneys, etc. of people who smoke cannabis (or cigarettes) is MUCH higher than in people who eat it, why this is important - especially to those with compromised immune systems, and a few other things. It does a great job of breaking everything down into layman's terms so the reader doesn't have to grab the chemistry text.

I may have mentioned the page before, I can't remember. But it seems to have useful information on AN, fertilizers in general, and suggestions that it's probably a very good idea for (at the very least) those who are growing cannabis for med users.

DISCLAIMER: While I have no reason to doubt the information contained on that page (the scientific explanations are logical and there don't appear to be any "unbalanced equations or the like), it is only fair to mention that the author of the page is also the author of a book on fertilizers and software/databases for making your own. Therefore, it can not be said with 100% assurance that the author is speaking from a purely subjective viewpoint.

Back
Top Bottom