Advanced Nutrients

Anyone know if the AN products are used in edible (food) production?

What do you mean? Like growing veggies and fruits? Yes, it would work.

Yes, veggies and fruits. I did not know if that line was approved for food production or not. Thanks.

Why wouldn't it? AN's products are listed with Washington and California Ag depts. It's no different then any of the other nute companies out there except they market to growing pot, while just about everyone else markets to veggie and fruit growers.
Do people grow weed with GH, FF, and all the other pepper and tomato nutes out there? (just a joke)

Have been interested in the symbiotic nature of certain plants for a while, mainly for insect control but also - in the "food" garden - which plants seem to do better together (or worse) than separately. Have found myself wondering about potential neighbors for MJ and I would not wish to grow food products that weren't for consumption.

Only reason I asked. I was assuming it was, just wasn't sure - was not implying anything whatsoever, lol - and I guess I was feeling too lazy to go check their web page.

I have heard a lot of good things about Advanced Nutrients.

And I just got an idea for growing potatoes in a large barrel using hydroponics with something to keep the straw I'd use to bury the bury the vines out of the (geolite) growing medium. Guess everybody needs a hobby.

Thanks again!

It's always good to check. I would highly doubt any of these fertilizer companies would stray to far from what is acceptable, for hormones and other proprietary blends. Sure all of the companies will push the limits to some degree with different products. But other then tobacco companies who wants to kill their customer base? Hopefully there is nothing addictive in the nutes.

It's always good to check. I would highly doubt any of these fertilizer companies would stray to far from what is acceptable, for hormones and other proprietary blends. Sure all of the companies will push the limits to some degree with different products. But other then tobacco companies who wants to kill their customer base? Hopefully there is nothing addictive in the nutes.

It's my understanding that there's actually a higher standard for nutrients if you're growing for smoke compared to eating.

It makes sense, your body has a whole series of defensive lines set up for dealing with bad stuff you might eat, but we don't have much to control what gets in through the lungs. So whatever we inhale pretty much goes straight into the bloodstream, which means we need top-notch nutes that won't have anything bad in them.

It's my understanding that there's actually a higher standard for nutrients if you're growing for smoke compared to eating.

It makes sense, your body has a whole series of defensive lines set up for dealing with bad stuff you might eat, but we don't have much to control what gets in through the lungs. So whatever we inhale pretty much goes straight into the bloodstream, which means we need top-notch nutes that won't have anything bad in them.

nitrogen is a nitrogen to a plant
potassium is potassium to a plant

its all the same, kinda like saying $2 bottled water is more healthy than another brand.

or were you talking about organic growing? AN doesn't have any organic products

You could not be more wrong.. do u have selective vision. Because if u have ever looked at the line of AN They clearly show a product called Iguana juice that also clear shows that its is 100% organic or a product called mother earth tea i believe which is also organic. so before u go around posting ridiculously things that make you sound like a prime example of ignorance. go check out a grow shop near you and look at the AN line up and READ. No excuse

You could not be more wrong.. do u have selective vision. Because if u have ever looked at the line of AN They clearly show a product called Iguana juice that also clear shows that its is 100% organic or a product called mother earth tea i believe which is also organic. so before u go around posting ridiculously things that make you sound like a prime example of ignorance. go check out a grow shop near you and look at the AN line up and READ. No excuse

here's why your stupid. Using 1 or 2 supplements that equates to likely 2-3% of your nutrient makeup, is not even anywhere close to "organic gardening."

AN main products, "Conessier," "Sensi 2 part," "Bud Blood," "Overdrive," all their boosters and main base nutrients, which will make up over 95% of your nutrient composition, is simply based on chemicals formulas that are found for in bulk from China and are chemicals. They may have 1-2 organic products like you state, like a tea, but its no where near being called organic gardening, as much as using an electric lighter in your Hummer is considering it a hybrid vehicle.

hows that for ignorance? A few companies have all organic products, like Botanicare has their "Organicare" line, and General Hydro has their "Flora Nova" line.

here's why your stupid. Using 1 or 2 supplements that equates to likely 2-3% of your nutrient makeup, is not even anywhere close to "organic gardening."

AN main products, "Conessier," "Sensi 2 part," "Bud Blood," "Overdrive," all their boosters and main base nutrients, which will make up over 95% of your nutrient composition, is simply based on chemicals formulas that are found for in bulk from China and are chemicals. They may have 1-2 organic products like you state, like a tea, but its no where near being called organic gardening, as much as using an electric lighter in your Hummer is considering it a hybrid vehicle.

hows that for ignorance? A few companies have all organic products, like Botanicare has their "Organicare" line, and General Hydro has their "Flora Nova" line.

1. Please do NOT call other members "stupid." It is very much against site rules.

2. While I try very hard to ignore spelling, punctuation, and grammar atrocities, when someone makes the statement "your stupid," I just have to laugh at the irony. :rofl:

3. The member that you've insulted did NOT state that he/she was growing with 100% organic methods or that the AN line was 100% organic. You made the following statement:
zanza said:
AN doesn't have any organic products
and Iwalc called you out for it. If you're going to make false statements, you're going to get schooled. When that happens and you turn defensive and verbally-combative it tends to make you look bad.

4. Speaking of false statements... I do not know enough about Botanicare's lines to comment on them but I can state with 100% assurance that General Hydroponics' FloraNova products are NOT 100% organic. Straight from their FAQ (reading helps, lol):

IS FLORANOVA SERIES ORGANIC?

Answer: FloraNova Grow and Bloom contain 3-5% organic substances creating the marriage between mineral and organic gardening.
BtW, I thought about trying to correct your erroneous "nitrogen is a nitrogen to a plant" statement, but it would have been off-topic. But I'd like to politely suggest that you pick up a book or two on basic plant nutrition.

Have a nice day!

1. Please do NOT call other members "stupid." It is very much against site rules.

2. While I try very hard to ignore spelling, punctuation, and grammar atrocities, when someone makes the statement "your stupid," I just have to laugh at the irony. :rofl:

3. The member that you've insulted did NOT state that he/she was growing with 100% organic methods or that the AN line was 100% organic. You made the following statement:

and Iwalc called you out for it. If you're going to make false statements, you're going to get schooled. When that happens and you turn defensive and verbally-combative it tends to make you look bad.

4. Speaking of false statements... I do not know enough about Botanicare's lines to comment on them but I can state with 100% assurance that General Hydroponics' FloraNova products are NOT 100% organic. Straight from their FAQ (reading helps, lol):

IS FLORANOVA SERIES ORGANIC?​
Answer: FloraNova Grow and Bloom contain 3-5% organic substances creating the marriage between mineral and organic gardening.​
BtW, I thought about trying to correct your erroneous "nitrogen is a nitrogen to a plant" statement, but it would have been off-topic. But I'd like to politely suggest that you pick up a book or two on basic plant nutrition.

Have a nice day!

1. I am very aware of the site rules, but look at his posting which threw several insults my way before and no one stopped him.

2. i could care less about grammar or punctuation, simple web bots or spelling programs or simple parsers can correct that easily. It's not like im writing a novel here

3. The response given by said poster Iwalc was far out of line considering that AN has a organic tea product? 99% of AN users, with the exception of those who use their organic tea and Iguana juice (which I should add are very on the bottom of the list of important supplemental products), are not using an iota of organic farming methods. I really don't see why user Iwalc would take so much offense at defending Advanced nutrients about this (very small) point to the extent of lashing extensive insults at me.

4. I stand corrected on the FloraNova being partially non organic, you are right there. Its a fairly poor product so I would not consider using it, that's why I haven't spent much time investigating it further and probably was mistaken by their (misleading) advertisements

GENERAL HYDROPONICS
FLORANOVA SERIES
Liquid Super Concentrated Nutrient

- The marriage of hydroponic & organic gardening methods.

Nitrogen is a nitrogen, for example a Nitrate NO3- is the same for a plant roots if it came from Calcium Nitrate, or Potassium Nitrate. NH4 is the same no matter where it comes from. There are 2 forms of nitrogen, NH4 and No3, the individual ions act the same no matter what the base comes from.

Thanks for your recommendation on my getting a book on plant nutrients, but I would very safely say I know far more on the subject than yourself. If you would like to challenge that I would welcome it.

1. I am very aware of the site rules, but look at his posting which threw several insults my way before and no one stopped him.

Maybe you should have followed them;). To the left of every post is a button that any member can use to report any post if that member suspects a rules violation. That's pretty much standard in Internet message forums.

I saw nothing in the other person's post that could be reasonably construed to be an insult to you. He was attacking your fallacies, yes. There is a vast difference. This site is dedicated to the spread of cannabis-related information - and a big part of such a thing is halting the spread of misinformation. If you're going to post it - knowingly or otherwise - then sooner or later you're going to get schooled. It's happened to me. Instead of becoming defensive and insulting, I thanked the person that corrected me for doing so and thereby increasing my knowledge. But it's possible that I might be <COUGH> a year or two older than you, and some things take time.

2. i could care less about grammar or punctuation, simple web bots or spelling programs or simple parsers can correct that easily. It's not like im writing a novel here

I do not pay attention to it either much of the time. Some of the greatest minds in history had trouble with their spelling. But there are times when attention to one's posting is warranted, and it would seem that one such time would be when someone is insulting another person's intelligence. No flames intended, but... Oh well, I guess maybe it sailed over you. That's cool - and thanks for the chuckle:grinjoint:.

3. The response given by said poster Iwalc was far out of line considering that AN has a organic tea product?

The response would seem to be in line. You made an obviously false statement and were corrected on it. A superior attitude counts for little in a debate and naught here. Facts are always best.

99% of AN users, with the exception of those who use their organic tea and Iguana juice (which I should add are very on the bottom of the list of important supplemental products), are not using an iota of organic farming methods.

Had you made such a statement instead of the one that you chose to make, the other member's response might have been different. I cannot say as I am not he. I also cannot say whether or not that statement is true for I do not have access to AN's books or to the grow rooms of the users of their products.

I really don't see why user Iwalc would take so much offense at defending Advanced nutrients about this (very small) point to the extent of lashing extensive insults at me.

There's that irony thing raring its head again, lol. I am just guessing here, but my guess is that he took issue with the fact that you were making false statements.

Speaking of irony: Many people here know that I am not overly fond of AN (I have nothing against their products but they are just not for me). So it is somewhat twisted, IMHO, that I find myself in the position of defending someone who is quite possibly a user of AN's products instead of someone who does not care for them. Had you posted factual statements and not came to this site with an air of superiority, the reverse might have happened. <SHRUGS>

4. I stand corrected on the FloraNova being partially non organic, you are right there. Its a fairly poor product so I would not consider using it, that's why I haven't spent much time investigating it further and probably was mistaken by their (misleading) advertisements

I can not speak from a position of real knowledge about the FloraNova line as I've only used it a few times and it was some time ago. I did not feel it to be a "poor" product, but as it was only a small part of the nutrient load that I was using at the time, I cannot base anything upon my results.

Perhaps someone like PitViper would chime in on this specific statement of yours if you'd like. I hear that he's used it a time or two and that he's not been too disappointed in the results that he's gotten.

Nitrogen is a nitrogen

Nitrogen is a gas. Plants cannot use it in its raw form. Once again, making blanket statements can be unwise.

for example a Nitrate NO3- is the same for a plant roots if it came from Calcium Nitrate, or Potassium Nitrate. NH4 is the same no matter where it comes from. There are 2 forms of nitrogen, NH4 and No3, the individual ions act the same no matter what the base comes from.

I was speaking primarily in terms of the differences in both the behavior and longevity in the medium of urea, ammoniacal nitrogen and nitrate nitrogen. If they were all the same, you would see mostly one form of nitrogen in most all fertilizer products. But it is not and so manufacturers vary the ratios in their products. Also, if it were all the same, that would mean that there would be one less reason why so many people strongly dislike the thought of using Miracle Grow products for the growing of cannabis.

Thanks for your recommendation on my getting a book on plant nutrients, but I would very safely say I know far more on the subject than yourself. If you would like to challenge that I would welcome it.

<LAUGHING> No, that is not necessary - but thanks for offering. It's been a long time since I've been in school and a long, LONG time since I've felt the need to strut around the playground.

Maybe you should have followed them;). To the left of every post is a button that any member can use to report any post if that member suspects a rules violation. That's pretty much standard in Internet message forums.

I saw nothing in the other person's post that could be reasonably construed to be an insult to you. He was attacking your fallacies, yes. There is a vast difference. This site is dedicated to the spread of cannabis-related information - and a big part of such a thing is halting the spread of misinformation. If you're going to post it - knowingly or otherwise - then sooner or later you're going to get schooled. It's happened to me. Instead of becoming defensive and insulting, I thanked the person that corrected me for doing so and thereby increasing my knowledge. But it's possible that I might be <COUGH> a year or two older than you, and some things take time.

I do not pay attention to it either much of the time. Some of the greatest minds in history had trouble with their spelling. But there are times when attention to one's posting is warranted, and it would seem that one such time would be when someone is insulting another person's intelligence. No flames intended, but... Oh well, I guess maybe it sailed over you. That's cool - and thanks for the chuckle:grinjoint:.

The response would seem to be in line. You made an obviously false statement and were corrected on it. A superior attitude counts for little in a debate and naught here. Facts are always best.

Had you made such a statement instead of the one that you chose to make, the other member's response might have been different. I cannot say as I am not he. I also cannot say whether or not that statement is true for I do not have access to AN's books or to the grow rooms of the users of their products.

There's that irony thing raring its head again, lol. I am just guessing here, but my guess is that he took issue with the fact that you were making false statements.

Speaking of irony: Many people here know that I am not overly fond of AN (I have nothing against their products but they are just not for me). So it is somewhat twisted, IMHO, that I find myself in the position of defending someone who is quite possibly a user of AN's products instead of someone who does not care for them. Had you posted factual statements and not came to this site with an air of superiority, the reverse might have happened. <SHRUGS>

I can not speak from a position of real knowledge about the FloraNova line as I've only used it a few times and it was some time ago. I did not feel it to be a "poor" product, but as it was only a small part of the nutrient load that I was using at the time, I cannot base anything upon my results.

Perhaps someone like PitViper would chime in on this specific statement of yours if you'd like. I hear that he's used it a time or two and that he's not been too disappointed in the results that he's gotten.

Nitrogen is a gas. Plants cannot use it in its raw form. Once again, making blanket statements can be unwise.

I was speaking primarily in terms of the differences in both the behavior and longevity in the medium of urea, ammoniacal nitrogen and nitrate nitrogen. If they were all the same, you would see mostly one form of nitrogen in most all fertilizer products. But it is not and so manufacturers vary the ratios in their products. Also, if it were all the same, that would mean that there would be one less reason why so many people strongly dislike the thought of using Miracle Grow products for the growing of cannabis.

<LAUGHING> No, that is not necessary - but thanks for offering. It's been a long time since I've been in school and a long, LONG time since I've felt the need to strut around the playground.

I was speaking in the case of context of nitrogen in fertilizer. I didn't intend to mean that people can use nitrogen gas to feed their plants :) People refer to "Nitrogen" in fertilizer, and I was saying Nitrogen in plant fertilizer (yes, 2 forms NH4 and NO3) is Nitrogen, whether you buy it for $200 from Advanced Nutrients, or $30 from a lesser brand. People seem to erroneously correlate an increase in price with an increase in quality. Essentially, fertilizer manufacturers are all getting their chemicals from China or India in bulk, and from possibly the same manufacturers was my point.

The problem with Iwalc's post,

You could not be more wrong..

yes, he was right

do u have selective vision.

no starts with the insults

Because if u have ever looked at the line of AN They clearly show a product called Iguana juice that also clear shows that its is 100% organic or a product called mother earth tea i believe which is also organic.

ok, got it now I know

so before u go around posting ridiculously things that make you sound like a prime example of ignorance. go check out a grow shop near you and look at the AN line up and READ. No excuse

wow, really? this guy just went ballistic. No, I didn't report his post because I think reporting posts is silly for a personal issue, which is why you didn't hear anything.

From what I have heard, when using non organics you can simply flush with water for the last 1-2 weeks of flowering to get rid of "harsh chemical" flavor associated with chemicals. The advantage to organics is that you do not need to run a flush cycle, however organics are poorly suited to hydroponics from what I have read, since all their guck and yuck clogs up pipes, pumps and filters. It much more suited for soil growing imo.

I went to AN site to see what "organic nutrients" they have. Here's what I found under their organic section:

Bid Ignitor
Bud Ignitor | Hydroponics | Advanced Nutrients | Hydroponic Gardening
ingredients: Monopotassium Phosphate, Potassium Sulfate, Kelp <- wow, doesn't look so organic

Bud Factor X
Bud Factor X | Hydroponics | Advanced Nutrients | Hydroponic Gardening
ingrediants: magnesium sulfate <-- doesn't look so organic

Their Iguana did look organic, as with their Mother Earth Tea. But it seems like they may be confused on what organic actually means.
Good day to all of you! I hope we can come up with a consensus soon, I do not like starting arguments or disagreements on a new board with so few posts, it just doesn't feel right!

:peace:

I wont even entertain this conversation...AN vs GH vs whoever
unless you have actually used the product then your opinion is meaningless.
I use GH and H&G with great results...soil and hydro.
I can document my results. can you? show us the pics...

an is the shnapps! hands down. it seems the general feeling about them versus other lines of nutes will support the fact. spend the cash. rock the an nutes. and does it matter if it's organic or chemical? if you flush right, you can't tell the difference. and zanza, even if you do run a organic grow, whether it be dirt or one of an's organic line (because even if it's a scientific looking name, it's the same stuff that's in dirt), you still need to flush.

and don't be fooled, you don't need the whole line. just sensi ab, bud candy, big bud, and overdrive close to the end. btw, i have used other lines and i personally believe an all the way. but other people might have had better success with other lines, so really its all a matter of opinion

40% of all organic stuff we consume in america is imported from China where there is no enforceable regulations on what is concidered organic. Just because something is labeled "Organic" doesnt mean it actually is and if it is it doesnt mean its any better then the chemical alternitive. If all ferts were the same we would all be using MG because its the cheapest stuff in town. I have used GH Botanicare and AN. I like AN because it requires a lot less adjusting in my reservoir then anything else I have tried.

Back
Top Bottom