Advanced Nutrients

I talked to a guy I know that works in the horticultural industry about that site when I first saw it a few months ago. He said you really need a degree to understand where that guy goes off the deep end, but that it's just pretty much the rantings of a nut job.

Apparently this guy worked for Advanced Nutrients back in the day and something happened and he ended up getting fired and no one else will hire him now. I don't know the whole story but the impression I got was he has some sort of a "stability" issue that he's supposed to be taking medication for but he's not and so he sees all kinds of conspiracies everywhere.

He's not a bad guy, I don't think. I think he just needs help and he's really fixated on some imagined injustices and he sees AN as the big bad guy in how his life went wrong.

:Rasta:I started using GENERAL HYDROPONICS,FLORA NOVA ONE-PART GROWPLANTFOOD 7-4-10. 1QUART WAS $31.26 1/2 TEASPOON TO EVERY GALLON,THIS STUFF IS LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK "THICK" bUT IN THE LAST 6DAYS MY PLANT HAS GROWN LIKE CRAZY.I KNOW IT'S NOT THE 125W CFL 10"GROW BULB WITH HOOD.IT MIGHT BE BOTH.BUT, THERE IS A 2ND PART TO THIS FLORA NOVA,WHEN IT'S TIME TO FLOWERING, HE SAID TO GET THE BLOOM PLANTFOOD,AND I WILL HAVE BLOOMS LIKE I NEVER SAW BEFORE.BUT I THINK THEY ALL SAY THAT.IF ANYONE HAS HEARD OF THIS PRODUCT COULD YOU LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKED FOR YOU OR ANYONE ELSE YOU KNOW IT WORKED FOR.MUCH APPRICIATED!!:hookah:

:smokin:I'M FOR PEACE SO LETS RAISE OUR PEACE PIPES.

Hi cubby420,

Did you ever wonder what that button to the left of the A key on your keyboard was for? Press it and it will become apparent.

I make this statement not because I'm occasionally an ass - that's incidental, lol - but because typing in ALL CAPS is commonly used to convey "shouting" in messages and I didn't know whether or not you knew that. No matter, we'll still read your posts for the content - not the form - they have.

Glad that the AN products are working well for you. Feel free to keep us updated about how they (and your plants) are doing.

I recently learned that AN is now marketing their own electronic ballast. As would have been expected of Big Mike at AN, it has a catchy name - it's called the Baddass Ballast (yes, apparently with two "d"s in the name) - and is bold red and has what appears to be either a skull or the head of an (ET) alien in the center of it. Definitely unmistakable.

It's a low-frequency design, unlike most (all?) other digital ballasts out there, which is said to be much easier on the bulbs. It's also got a very strong warranty and is supposed to be shielded (against RFI emissions) better than other ballasts.

Has anyone used one? If so, how do you like it? They're priced like other AN products. That is to say, not cheap, lol. But if they live up to their claims, that's to be expected.

Just curious.

Hey TortureSoul....I just wanna say thanks for your style.You have a...how should I say it...A flamboiement in the way you respond done in a way that never seems to condo-sin yet playfully sarcastic :bravo: I find my self smirking/laughing quite often in your responses and usually learn quite a bit....Thanks man:peace:

Your welcome, Believer.

Ya know all this about what nuts to use here and there, sounds like it's all up to the grower. I mean I us AN (Ancient Earth, B-52 Sensi Bloom A & B, Big Bud, Bud Candy, & Sensizym) I use a lil less than directed, and HOLLY BALLS I am overly happy with my results! It appears that it really depends on our WHOLE operation. I mean your not going to get as good a grow using LED as you would with HPS (Debatable I know), or If you use GH or AN. It seems to be a matter of preference rather than an exact recipe. Wouldn't every aspect of your grow affect the outcome, be it temp, bugs, lighting, nuts, grow medium, PH, PPM o2. I mean the difference is minimal unless you can do a true comparison grow (Same set up, same everything) except the nuts. Now when I have heard of someone in here doing that, and has the journal to back it then hell I would be a believer. I LOVE TO GROW, I have never found the need to go on here and look for advice, but I have to say I love reading 420Mag, and everyone on here is top notch! Keep up the great forums, and discussions! I will have to put in my own journals, and pics! MUCH LOVE TO THE 420MAG COMMUNITY!!!! This forum reading could be addictive!

I really like Advanced Nutrients, I think they are overall cheap and effective. I especially like the General Hydroponics Flora Series, as it takes care of the N-P-K that the plants need at a cheap cost. I have found that using Golden Tree in addition with the Flora Series is a really great fit that gives the plants everything they need to really thrive.

I'm not having any issues wit AN, except price. I started my clones real low 200ppn. And slowly worked them up to 1400 and not having issues. Not seeing burn or deficiency of any kind.

have been using advanced for several yrs...both hydro and in soil....since using advanced I've had some of the most humungest buds you can imagine...I agree ..go slow at first and build up...I start with 1/4 the recommended dosage and see how they do. Search around the web and you can find some deals out there..they are so concentrated that they last a long time and to me...worth every penny!!

Advanced is pretty good compared to Dutch Nutrient
The bummer is that you really need more than one formula, at least three formulas for Grow stage , another three for bloom and then another formula to flush/ clean out the plant prior to harvest and drying. Also now keep in mind that you need to weekly mix up a batch for ramp up of concentrations and then ramp down the concentrations for both Grow and Bloom. Pricy yes but the end product can do Boom Boom on your mind, but hey that's what it's all about, if doing hydroponics with the product the taste and richness compared to soil is not as great in hydro.

Back
Top Bottom