Advice on signs of flower maturity

Epicannabis

Not all males are useless (except Clint Eastwood). My Hindu Kush, grown in soil from Sensi Seeds strain, showed its balls after entering 12/12 for 3 days. It's no longer in the flowering room, in my son's closet. I want to collect the pollen for crossing with Critical Cure, Durban Poison, and Blue Cheese.
The stamen are maturing, preflowers getting bigger, standing on their "rods" nicely. Tips on features to look for before the flowers open and they can be "popped" and collected.
Massive apologies, first post, and uploading photos is more than my patience can tolerate. Thanks in advance.
Onward Through The Fog,
:peace:Cross9

Colleagues, especially Namaste, Pantagruel and LA,
Here's the latest photo, taken around 2400 CDT tonight. IMO it look likes "popping" will start tomorrow.
Your opinion?
HK1sacs.jpg

Yep its gonna be popping very soon. If you havent already place a foil catch tray beneath the plant to catch whatever falls before you can collect. Make sure theres not any air being exchanged to the flower room especially if your only trying to pollenate one branch of each strain. I prefer to do it that way but some seed there entire rooms. I would only do that if you know what genetics you have and how legit they are. good luck

Yep its gonna be popping very soon. If you havent already place a foil catch tray beneath the plant to catch whatever falls before you can collect. Make sure theres not any air being exchanged to the flower room especially if your only trying to pollenate one branch of each strain. I prefer to do it that way but some seed there entire rooms. I would only do that if you know what genetics you have and how legit they are. good luck
Shottafire,
Fortunately, HK1 grown in soil on SensiSeeds Hindu Kush seeds is in its own closet, in my son's room. The DarkRooms are at the other end of the house. Thanks for the advice/warning on unwanted pollen.
Foil under the plant, don't know, HK1 is about 32 in tall, 15 in dia. Think I need to collect it with tiny mason jar, should be ok as I can ck HK1 before and after work.
Definitely will be selectly pollinating DurbanPoison and CriticalCure in this grow (they are ~2wks into flower on 12/12), and saving pollen to cross with BlueCheese and to seed some of HinduKush in my grow starting in August.
Just took a pic to give you a perspective on the plant and challenge it presents.
Have a great weekend! I know mine will be "exciting".
HK1_0613.jpg

Back
Top Bottom