Algae on rockwool

steppedinds

any algeacide i can use, or can i cover them up with hydroton or something?
DSCF2854.JPG
DSCF28572.JPG

And if those are giant blocks of Rockwool
It's not going to work well you will get root rot. Replace the giant blocks with hydroton, the giant blocks will not let enough air to the roots.

6" blocks. i dont have the water on all the time. on a timer running 10 times a day for 99 sec. around day 30-40 ill move them into 21g tubs full of hydroton. on another note, ordered a 50 pack of rockwool covers from ebay yesterday

Man I see a lot of BS info on this site The algae will not cause root rot the 6" blocks will be fine. The algae will also go away as soon as the plant shades the light, Rock wool will provide more O2 then the plant can use. The alge will not be a problem.

Man I see a lot of BS info on this site The algae will not cause root rot the 6" blocks will be fine. The algae will also go away as soon as the plant shades the light, Rock wool will provide more O2 then the plant can use. The alge will not be a problem.

agreed...i've seen plenty of journals with people growing only in rockwool and have had amazing results. take most things on here with a grain of salt lol. i just bought some cheap plastic covers to go over the blocks to keep it from building up early on, and turned the flooding down to once per day now that they are in blocks

Back
Top Bottom