Amber Hairs!

Johnny5thesim

Hi All!

Just wondering. I heard somewhere that once I see hairs turning color to from white to orange, that I am roughly 21 days from harvest. Anyone know this to be true?

I plan to watch trichomes, but I have started my overdrive nutrients. Which need to be started 3 weeks before harvest, and stopped one week before, for my flush.

Hmm that's a pretty vague rule lol. Some strains take a lot longer than others.
Post a pic up though and we'll play guess the kill date :)

Here are some! It’s Cali OG Kush, sativa dominant. Supposedly a 9-10 week flower. I’m on week 7

Attachments

• 3C25F1F1-BC51-49CA-8EE3-8741F4892878.jpeg
    3C25F1F1-BC51-49CA-8EE3-8741F4892878.jpeg
    780.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 0AB7C946-482C-451C-957D-9C1E6115E910.jpeg
    0AB7C946-482C-451C-957D-9C1E6115E910.jpeg
    734.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 50FE6E1E-1655-4C90-B529-974B4CEBC90E.jpeg
    50FE6E1E-1655-4C90-B529-974B4CEBC90E.jpeg
    556.2 KB · Views: 66
  • E8F2AFDB-3E53-40B9-B065-884DCDF990C2.jpeg
    E8F2AFDB-3E53-40B9-B065-884DCDF990C2.jpeg
    722.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 6B4FBBE6-EC8A-45E3-8DD4-5A9AF5EF1B15.jpeg
    6B4FBBE6-EC8A-45E3-8DD4-5A9AF5EF1B15.jpeg
    681.5 KB · Views: 62
Fuck yeah mate that looks wicked. I'd say 2-3 weeks.

Thanks man! Much appreciated. My gut says that timeline. I just wanted to double check, make sure you guys weren't like 6 weeks....

Its coming together quite well, even though I suffered some early flower issues with calcium deficiencies. Everything seems to be working out well!

It is indeed mate. I think I've fucked my current grow lol. Bout 11weeks from flip and they just ain't swelling up. Strain says 12 week bloom so just praying it turns out to be a 14 weeker and they've still got a few weeks left. Otherwise I'm fucked and just wasted nearly 6 months
:(

Ouch! And your strain is genetically good for yields typically? That sucks big time. That’s always my fear, I’ll do everything I think is right and still somehow come out screwed at the end. Like mold when drying or something!

Ouch! And your strain is genetically good for yields typically? That sucks big time. That’s always my fear, I’ll do everything I think is right and still somehow come out screwed at the end. Like mold when drying or something!
Yeah mate, generally reliable strain. was amnesia haze by rqs. Both turned out that way. Ones worse than the other but still pretty gutted. First bad grow I've had. Just really confused cos I've had absolutely zero issues other than my buds just not developing. Had 600-850w on them the full bloom so fuck knows. First time with hempys but done plenty Coco and hydro so it's not like I made any schoolboy errors. Was seeds that been in a cupboard for nearly 3 years but pretty sure if it was bad seeds id've had some other issues along the way.
Totally stumped mate. It sucks lol.

Yeah mate, generally reliable strain. was amnesia haze by rqs. Both turned out that way. Ones worse than the other but still pretty gutted. First bad grow I've had. Just really confused cos I've had absolutely zero issues other than my buds just not developing. Had 600-850w on them the full bloom so fuck knows. First time with hempys but done plenty Coco and hydro so it's not like I made any schoolboy errors. Was seeds that been in a cupboard for nearly 3 years but pretty sure if it was bad seeds id've had some other issues along the way.
Totally stumped mate. It sucks lol.

I wonder if the age of the seed and it’s storage variables can reduce its viability or yield. I’ve always heard a seed is good for around 2 years, stored properly. Haven’t tested it though!

I wonder if the age of the seed and it’s storage variables can reduce its viability or yield. I’ve always heard a seed is good for around 2 years, stored properly. Haven’t tested it though!
Yeah I've heard that too but also seen guys do 30 year old seeds so God knows lol.
Won't be using the genetics or the hempys again anyway. Tried a few different brands and methods now with mixed success.
Be Dutch passion and NFT from here on though. Had my heart set on trying autopots but can't afford shit runs so just gonna stick to what I know now best.

First bad grow I've had
I got to say that this year too-but mine were males,so didn't waste too much time on them...
The plant I've got left has been showing orange pistils for about 3 weeks,just waiting on a bit of amber,
so the 21 day thing is pretty close,for a rough estimate-the trichs tell the true story though...still waiting

I got to say that this year too-but mine were males,so didn't waste too much time on them...
The plant I've got left has been showing orange pistils for about 3 weeks,just waiting on a bit of amber,
so the 21 day thing is pretty close,for a rough estimate-the trichs tell the true story though...still waiting

The video I watched, is from a fairly reputable grower. He says the 21 day thing is just a rough guideline, but that it has always worked for him. He still says to watch trichomes. But at 3 weeks out, trichomes can be a little inaccurate! So they are hard to gauge time on, that far out.

Back
Top Bottom