Help with when to harvest

kram rollen

I'm a first time grower approaching harvest. Growing Jack Herer from seed in soil. Using AN Sensi Bloom A and B, B52 and Overdrive. Just finished my 8th week of flowering. I'm watching my trichomes and waiting for them to turn about 70% amber before harvest. My question is, I want to flush for 1-2 weeks before harvest and I'm not sure when to start my flush? How do I get this timing correct?
DSCF2043.JPG
DSCF2045.JPG
DSCF2046.JPG

I'd say you still have 2 weeks of grow at least. @Emilya can fill you in on the correct term of flushing...or a final flush. Don't starve your plant is the end result

Nice looking bud though!

I'm a first time grower approaching harvest. Growing Jack Herer from seed in soil. Using AN Sensi Bloom A and B, B52 and Overdrive. Just finished my 8th week of flowering. I'm watching my trichomes and waiting for them to turn about 70% amber before harvest. My question is, I want to flush for 1-2 weeks before harvest and I'm not sure when to start my flush? How do I get this timing correct?
Hi Kram... beautiful plant by the way...
OK... lets get some terminology straight first off. Trichomes are the little crystals, the frost that is on your leaves. If you waited for it to turn 70% amber your crop would be severely over ripe.... more like 2% is what you are shooting for. You have this term confused with the pistils or hairs as some people call them, and they have nothing really to do with when your plant is ready... some strains turn colors very early... some not till the end. The only true gauge of ripeness is the trichomes.
Then flushing. The term flushing means running 3x the container size in water, through the soil. This cleanses the soil of any built up salts from all the nutes you have been using, and any left over nutes and other debris. It has always been recommended to do this flush right before the last 2 weeks of the grow, because it is in that final time period when the buds can double or more in size and weight. Flushing clears the salt so that the plant can get full water AND NUTE uptake during that last 2 weeks.
Lately, some moronic growing sites have perverted the term flush into meaning putting your plant into a starvation diet at the end of the growing cycle, thinking that this somehow cleans out the plant so that your end product is much smoother. This has been proven to be total BS, and we now know thanks to modern science that wasn't around in the early days, that it is pointless to think we can flush nutrients out of our plants, or that this somehow changes the taste of the product after it has been cured. This entire old theory of starving your plants at the end has been totally debunked, yet thanks to all the internet gurus out there touting this old theory and calling it flushing, a large percentage of new growers are making this fundamental mistake at the end.
Flush your plant properly by moving it to a drain somewhere and running 3x the water through it. Then feed just like you have been doing, right up to the end. This is how you grow pot that is so much better than the pot they used to grow... you cant use old methods and expect modern results.

OK... lets get some terminology straight first off. Trichomes are the little crystals, the frost that is on your leaves. If you waited for it to turn 70% amber your crop would be severely over ripe.... more like 2% is what you are shooting for. You have this term confused with the pistils or hairs as some people call them, and they have nothing really to do with when your plant is ready... some strains turn colors very early... some not till the end. The only true gauge of ripeness is the trichomes.
Then flushing. The term flushing means running 3x the container size in water, through the soil. This cleanses the soil of any built up salts from all the nutes you have been using, and any left over nutes and other debris. It has always been recommended to do this flush right before the last 2 weeks of the grow, because it is in that final time period when the buds can double or more in size and weight. Flushing clears the salt so that the plant can get full water AND NUTE uptake during that last 2 weeks.
Lately, some moronic growing sites have perverted the term flush into meaning putting your plant into a starvation diet at the end of the growing cycle, thinking that this somehow cleans out the plant so that your end product is much smoother. This has been proven to be total BS, and we now know thanks to modern science that wasn't around in the early days, that it is pointless to think we can flush nutrients out of our plants, or that this somehow changes the taste of the product after it has been cured. This entire old theory of starving your plants at the end has been totally debunked, yet thanks to all the internet gurus out there touting this old theory and calling it flushing, a large percentage of new growers are making this fundamental mistake at the end.
Flush your plant properly by moving it to a drain somewhere and running 3x the water through it. Then feed just like you have been doing, right up to the end. This is how you grow pot that is so much better than the pot they used to grow... you cant use old methods and expect modern results.
Agree with u I have Ben reading ur things u have a lot of great info props girl....!!!!!!!!!

I'd say you still have 2 weeks of grow at least. @Emilya can fill you in on the correct term of flushing...or a final flush. Don't starve your plant is the end result

Nice looking bud though!
Thanks, Cheffrey for the compliment and I'll be following your and Emilya's advice

Thanks Emilya for your kind words and getting me straightened out. I feel much more confident going into these final weeks.
I also owe you a thank you for a Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant, which I followed and helped through out my grow.

Back
Top Bottom