Any idea what is wrong here?

jstax

420 Member
20180807_154005.jpg
20180807_153957.jpg

Does anyone know what is happening here? Mites? I have no idea really. I found it at the top of one plant and on one leaf only. Any help would be great

Thank you very much I'll take your recommendation for the alcohol mix. Would Neem or Green Cleaner be effective as well? I am comfortable with those products on my grows.

Here's some info regarding the leaf miner from a great thread on this site. If in fact it is leaf miners the Neem oil will indeed work. But they are pesky. Look real close at the image and I think that critter is the same under your leaf.

Leaf miners
These Little creatures are a pain to get rid of, the miners eat and dig squiggly lines into your leaves all the while planting there larvae in them making it hard to get rid of them. They plant there eggs in the leaves in mid When they hatch they feed off of your leaves until they get big enough to pupate. Pupation occurs within the leaf or in the soil beneath the plant. After they emerge the entire cycle will start over and you will have a bigger infestation.

Controls
Controls: Natural control for these insects is difficult. You can remove affected leaves and discard them. Chemical control is hard and is meant towards the emerging adults. Since the larvae is well protected within the leaf. Neem oil will work well.

Pictures 3-4 shows leaf miners attack
1134leaf-minors3-MISC.jpg

1134Leaf-minors4-MISC.jpg

Here's some info regarding the leaf miner from a great thread on this site. If in fact it is leaf miners the Neem oil will indeed work. But they are pesky. Look real close at the image and I think that critter is the same under your leaf.

Leaf miners
These Little creatures are a pain to get rid of, the miners eat and dig squiggly lines into your leaves all the while planting there larvae in them making it hard to get rid of them. They plant there eggs in the leaves in mid When they hatch they feed off of your leaves until they get big enough to pupate. Pupation occurs within the leaf or in the soil beneath the plant. After they emerge the entire cycle will start over and you will have a bigger infestation.

Controls
Controls: Natural control for these insects is difficult. You can remove affected leaves and discard them. Chemical control is hard and is meant towards the emerging adults. Since the larvae is well protected within the leaf. Neem oil will work well.

Pictures 3-4 shows leaf miners attack
1134leaf-minors3-MISC.jpg

1134Leaf-minors4-MISC.jpg
Thanks! I checked all my plants thoroughly and sprayed the underside of the the leaves completely. Hopefully that works. Thanks for all the help!

That's looks exactly like it. Hopefully it doesn't come back after I sprayed all the plants and cut off the affected leaf. Thanks!
I was frequenting a different site when this happened. Nooooobody have a clue. And there were some really smart folks there. They all said it was something i sprayed on the leaf, but it was just a few and they werent all together. Just pull the afflicted leaves till you get a better answer! Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom