Any other Aussies here?

Ive actually been thinking of founding a.. "collective" of individuals to share experiance, advice. Im aiming on starting some RnD on an aussie based strain suited for our unique climate.
The eventual idea would be to gain an "underground" headstart on the medical mj industry
Plans being to go legit when things eventually legalise and start a dispensary/ strain development side.
for now however, its all ideas..

Another 1 here .western Victoria coast . outdoor grower for years
about to go indoors for a change , I just love growing the stuff.
Look forward to talking wit u guys. cheers

G'day all, 49yo and have to wait another 3 months for my second round of back surgery. I'm on a list of serious pain killers as long as your arm and I'm suffering some serious and very unwelcome side effects and so have begun researching alternatives, hence this site. I'm sure most of the answers I seek will be found here but for now I'm just saying Hi to my fellow Aussie's.

hey mate, and g'day...

Welcome to :420:

I hope you find what you're looking for. Take your time, ask questions when you need to, all here are genuine and willing to help :)

Here :passitleft:

Good morning Sir Budlovski,

I'm not there as yet, but have LED's coming...I'm down south but fear the summer temps will be a killer this year as this is my first indoor.

Welcome to :420: mate!

Drop a comment in here to your new journal eh, so the other Aussies can hunt you down!

That's a fair amount of LED wattage mate, looking forward to seeing it in action.

Have a good one!

Good arfternoon to you too Tassie
Yeah my last indoor grow went haywire with hermies from heat with just cfls tts why I went led now..I'm just above your state and our countries different to a lot in the fact that no matter what state you are our summer is pretty killer to most.
I surely will get a link for it soon, just got to tweak a few things on the bucket and that is all set to go seed just popped so might begin journal some stage today

Just a question, how do your outdoors like your states grow season?
I had a bagseed put up over a pound with no overly special care and I think oz must have some perfect conditions for our favourite plant

Thanks for your reply and look forward to seeing abit of every Aussies work :Namaste:

Hey Budlovski,

My journal isn't anything to look at....go elsewhere young man! :) no please you're very welcome to pop in...just don't expect big things for a little while yet!

Look I've been lucky in that I picked up seeds long ago from a breeder, and that I think may well be suited to our cooler climate....they're almost indestructible...honest.

We can have very 'short' spring/summer seasons...well they can be shut off short by Antarctic winds.
We get exceptional grows every 4-5 years, when the climate is perfect. The other times, well can be hit or miss...that's where local geography and topology knowledge comes in :)

CFL's to 4 nodes, Green house till after show day...october 21st give or take if your brave, or hold off for another 3 weeks till mid November, and you want at least a strong 8 node seedling in the ground then...oh I forgot the magic ingredient...road kill, dig the hole end winter when the ground is soft, road kill in the hole....then leave it....come back about now...plant the little lady, sit back

Now if we get a cold snap, they're usually hardy enough to cope, but I do put out a few extra's to cope with losses.
And if we get a dry spell...constantly...the roots should be deep enough by summer to cope.

In your little neck of the woods, you get higher highs, and lower lows...but average temps and solar hours are higher.
We're more stable, but average lower than you.

Look forward to the journal mate :)

Hey Tassie,
Ill come check it out anyways shortly, us fellow aussies should be supporting eachother in this type of hobbie, that's same as me my outdoor journal is about the only one worth a look haha :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's always a good way to go, I have seeds from some growers who've had some good strains got four of those tucked in a hideaway since I don't have much access to secure bushland areas haha, found one my dog sat on today though don't know how that one will go now haha tied her up and will see what happens, do have one that seems to be loving the environment though already reaching a good size in just my yard soil so happy with that so far haha, also have a lot of seeds from my pick n mix order a while ago but there all reg and I just received my lesser of lots of feminized and auto seeds from ossc so when my reg is finished, its all go and no drama hopefully
Yeah sounds as though there is a lot more knowledge to go into your zone for the outdoor have seen on the weather you get some inconsistent weather

That sounds like a great way to go, this year I did my indoor under cfl till they were just breaking into third node and got them in the ground a couple of weeks ago to get them going they have adjusted well, we have had a very strange spring here very hot then back cold repetitively haha
That's awesome use of organic fertilizer with the roadkill there mate great idea:thumb:
They seem to love any type of blood and bone you can get to them

Yeah those cold snaps would be intense but like you said have some extras and alls usually good
I imagine a lot of hydrids and indicas would go great your way, I started growing because everyone here sells and grows sativas, which probably suit our climate but I prefer the indica high and love the way indicas respond to being tied down and hidden away.

Look forward to seeing more from you also :)

Hi all,

New to the forum, new to growing, not new to smoking. Used to live in EU and had endless supply from the Netherlands, and now learning to grow for personal use here under archaic Victorian laws. Hopeful to be an active member to this community and to share my growing experiences, good or bad.

HJ

G'day there HJ
:welcome: to the :420: , glad to have another Aussie getting into it and joining the discussions and grows, look forward to seeing your grows and helping out anyway I can. Yep it is abit of a bitch this state but could be worse like qld cop it haha,
When are you going to be starting up mate?

Hi Budlovski,

I have started already, today is day 28 since seed was put into germination pots. Just finished transplanting them in a 3L pt today with mostly the soil medium they will be in from here on and for the final transplanting in about a month. Looks like so far I have 5 out of 6 making their way healthily into veg stage from seedlings. I hope I can get at least 3 out of those 5 into a nice flowering stage and into harvest, come Late Feb/early March (I hope). Let's hope this nice weather doesn't turn into cold rainy days , or the opposite, hot, dry days too quickly.

HJ

Back
Top Bottom