Anyone tried this: Usiho Conversion Lamp 600W Opti-Blue

Chuckeye

Considering this "new" light @ $90 Cdn.

Currently running 600w MH in veg/HPS in flower.

USHIO introduces "Hi-LUX GRO™", a new line of grow lamps to promote enhanced vegetative growth and flowering. The lamps are made to assure consistency in quality and optimized for high performance.

PRODUCT FEATURES:
  • Super high output lamp technology
  • Optimized spectrum, distribution pattern, lumen output, and irradiance
  • Reliable operation throughout the growth cycle
  • Highest quality and consistent performance
Specifications:
  • Watts: 600
  • PAR umol/s: 695
  • Color Temp: 7000k
  • Operating Current: 6.2A
  • Max. Starting Current: 8.0A
  • Average Life: 12,000 hours
  • MOL: 284mm
  • Lamp Voltage: 90-120V
  • Ignition Voltage: 4kv-5kv
  • Warm Up Time: 3 min.
  • Reignition Time: 10 min.
  • Bulb Shape: T25
  • Diameter: 76 mm
  • Unit Dimensions: 3" L x 11" W x 3" H
  • Shipping Box Dimensions: 3.25" L x 14" W x 3.25" H
  • Unit Weight: 0.63 lb
Cheers....

USHIO introduces "Hi-LUX GRO™", a new line of grow lamps to promote enhanced vegetative growth and flowering. The lamps are made to assure consistency in quality and optimized for high performance.

PRODUCT FEATURES:
  • Super high output lamp technology
  • Optimized spectrum, distribution pattern, lumen output, and irradiance
  • Reliable operation throughout the growth cycle
  • Highest quality and consistent performance
Specifications:
  • Watts: 600
  • PAR umol/s: 695
  • Color Temp: 7000k
  • Operating Current: 6.2A
  • Max. Starting Current: 8.0A
  • Average Life: 12,000 hours
  • MOL: 284mm
  • Lamp Voltage: 90-120V
  • Ignition Voltage: 4kv-5kv
  • Warm Up Time: 3 min.
  • Reignition Time: 10 min.
  • Bulb Shape: T25
  • Diameter: 76 mm
  • Unit Dimensions: 3" L x 11" W x 3" H
  • Shipping Box Dimensions: 3.25" L x 14" W x 3.25" H
  • Unit Weight: 0.63 lb
Cheers....
Good morning @Chuckeye hope you are well today.
I loved my 1000W hps , amazing production.
But heat and $$ were prohibitive.
That replacement bulb looks great , but sorry I have no experience with that brand.
Hopefully someone comes by soon who has.

Stay safe
Bill

No experience with that product.

It's a conversion bulb, and generally speaking, those aren't as efficient. Back when HID ballasts were all C&C type, that was acceptable to a person who didn't want to buy a second ballast (or a switchable one) but still wanted to use the other type of bulb, mostly a metal halide conversion bulb in a high pressure sodium ballast during the growth phase, but there were at least two different HPS conversion bulbs, too.

Most people who still use HID bulbs seem to run electronic ballasts instead of core and coil (aka magnetic / electromagnetic) ones, and the vast majority of them are capable of handling both MH and HPS bulbs.

I know that Ushio is a quality brand, and probably the second best one. But that seems kind of expensive for "not an Eye Hortilux." But, as I mentioned, I've never used that bulb; maybe it's worth its price, IDK.

If I remember correctly, the Ushio you're interested in is a universal type, while the EH metal halide is a horizontal (±15°) - so if your setup requires your bulbs to be in a vertical orientation, the Ushio would automatically get the nod. Plus, it appears to be a jacketed bulb, while (again, "IIRC") the Eye Hortilux MH appears to have some UV output. I'm kind of a fan of (some) UV even during the growth phase. However, if the Ushio product was significantly better in all other ways, it would be easy to add UV separately. And a lot of people probably aren't all that concerned about it until the flowering phase anyway.

What brand/model of metal halide bulb do you currently use? Is it the better (they have a couple different ones) Eye Hortilux, by chance? If so, and you end up trying the Ushio product, please return to this thread and post your experience in comparison to an EH. Or even if your current brand is something else, lol.

What brand/model of metal halide bulb do you currently use? Is it the better (they have a couple different ones) Eye Hortilux, by chance? If so, and you end up trying the Ushio product, please return to this thread and post your experience in comparison to an EH. Or even if your current brand is something else, lol.
Currently running a FusionBright dimmable electronic ballast and bulbs.

The Ushio is an option with this "kit" so no problem with compatibility and only ~$40 more than a pair of FusionBright MH/HPS bulbs.

Going by lumens alone, the FusionBright MH is 50,000, the FusionBright HPS is 90,000 but the Ushio doesn't give a lumen rating but a PAR umol/s of 695. Ah, found another site that states the Ushio is 55,000 lumens.

And the usual BS, Super High Output, Optimized spectrum, distribution pattern, lumen output and irradiance, outperforms standard MH bulbs ;)

Not convinced it will replace a two bulb system but maybe an upgrade for the MH part, still curious enough to give it a go at some point !

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom