Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

As far as keep you mean mamas or genetics for breading? Just curious cause you seem to have extensive knowledge. And as I always say the more you know the more you grow.... corny but true!

I'm no breeder yet but I have the general idea for fem or regular, I just search for a plant with a good smell, taste and structure.

I start by topping above the 3rd or 4th node on every good seed I pop. Weather the clone takes or not I grow it out enough to cut the bottom two branches for two more clones and stick it right into flower in a 1/2 gallon pot. If the plant makes it to finish without nanners and has the three things I'm looking for I make one or more of the clones into mothers and do a scrog or sog type grow of it after I get more clones and decide if I want to keep it around for a while or not.

I would like to eventually get my space set up to host father's and do some real breeding but my funds just won't permit it right now. I can barely grow enough to keep myself from having to buy bud. I use ALOT of product, dabs, rsho, vaped flowers, probably about 1/4 Oz or more a day equivalent...

I'm no breeder yet but I have the general idea for fem or regular, I just search for a plant with a good smell, taste and structure.

I start by topping above the 3rd or 4th node on every good seed I pop. Weather the clone takes or not I grow it out enough to cut the bottom two branches for two more clones and stick it right into flower in a 1/2 gallon pot. If the plant makes it to finish without nanners and has the three things I'm looking for I make one or more of the clones into mothers and do a scrog or sog type grow of it after I get more clones and decide if I want to keep it around for a while or not.

I would like to eventually get my space set up to host father's and do some real breeding but my funds just won't permit it right now. I can barely grow enough to keep myself from having to buy bud.
Sorry if this is a stupid question but you clone your clones? Isn't that a bad thing or is it used to test stability? Again just trying to learn probably a stupid question but was told never to clone a clone if that makes sense... only clone from mother plants

Sorry if this is a stupid question but you clone your clones? Isn't that a bad thing or is it used to test stability? Again just trying to learn probably a stupid question but was told never to clone a clone if that makes sense... only clone from mother plants

I was never told that, I was always told that any clone taken from any plant was an exact genetic copy of the mother plant. I was also told that after a plant is cloned for 7 generations that the plant loses potency every generation thereafter. I've had the same plant for over 5 years clones of clones of clones and it's still exactly the same as the first time.
Interesting that you say that about a mother plant because I think I may have witnessed the 7 year dud. Someone that I used to get bud from had kept the same strain for over 10 years and it tasted the same but would not get you high. I think he kept the same mother plant all those years and just cut clones from her.
It will be interesting to see if my plant loses potency here in a few years.

420-magazine-mobile1587234244.jpg
what type of deficiency is this?

to streze420:
from the look of the tips of the leaves it seems the imbalance could be caused by nute burn - in which case adding phosphorus, nitrogen or anything else you think might help, won't actually help. Best to flush the plant with a weak solution of nutrients and go from there.

Are you feeding them hydro or coco friendly nutes? You also need calmag at least 3 to 5 ml per gallon. Also check your ph it needs to be in the 5.9 to 6.0 range. Hope this helps.
Could you tell me the best calmag product to buy to sort it? Im i able tonget it out the gardening shop or would i have to order it online? Yes using coco friendly nutes xx

30x loupe magnifier the best one for trichomes? Or higher or lower. Also what is best to use for training wire? Twist tie wire ?

For a loupe I would recommend minimum of 60X - less than this, the trichomes are not very visible and definite (for me anyway).
I use garden twist wire and find it perfect for training (wire covered by green plastic). You can use anything to train - pipe cleaners, string, knitting wool etc - as long as it doesn't cut into sensitive young stems.

Could you tell me the best calmag product to buy to sort it? Im i able tonget it out the gardening shop or would i have to order it online? Yes using coco friendly nutes xx
Advance nutriens sensi cal-mg xtra is what i use, also grow in coco. But its a little high in nitrogen. It 4-0-0.. . .

Advance nutriens sensi cal-mg xtra is what i use, also grow in coco. But its a little high in nitrogen. It 4-0-0.. . .
I use Calmag plus by botanicare it's cheaper then AN calmag extra.
2-0-0 the plus is for iron as well
So you get calcium magnesium and iron

I use Calmag plus by botanicare it's cheaper then AN calmag extra.
2-0-0 the plus is for iron as well
So you get calcium magnesium and iron
I A.N. cal-mg alo get iron,brom,etc. All u need to grow in coco, but as i say it high in nitrogen, no problem in vege, but in late bloom can cause minor isuse, you can use it foliary as well.

Back
Top Bottom