Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Mimi, bobrown14 watches over the thread on organic soils for me. That'd be the best place to ask him about soils. He's a big fan of the CC mix.

Hey. Need some help here.
ae0836aae4ebc52a80b10a0f58af0e37.jpg
68f1954f49f19ac769d195a824914b99.jpg

Could anyone tell me what’s going on here?? I’m currently on day 35 of flower. Is this nute burn? Or a deficiency of some sort??

Look familiar?

IMG_75136.JPG

It's nute burn. Your plant is a lighter feeder than you realized. Back off a tad next time. It won't hurt the harvest too much, if at all. I always figure it threw them into a panic and they'll make stronger essential oils as a defense response. We don't grow them for the leaves, but we all like ours to be pretty.

Howdy folks,

I was reading some journal somewhere a week or so ago that talked about the order you should add nutrients, but I can't remember what journal or how to find the info.

So could anyone help me out with what order to add your nutrients to your water/nute mix? I'm not asking for a specific brand, just like, calmag first, grow before bloom, silica last, etc (these are just random examples that I have no idea if they are correct or not).

I start with Cal/Mg, then add the base nutes before the specialty ones like bloom or bulk or energy, whatever they label them as. If it's in parts they typically label them as A &B or something in that vein. Anything beyond nutes, like silica or Terpinator I add last, and then I pH.

Hope that helps.

-NYCTD and Cheese Day 10
-Solo Cup with Hydroton at the bottom and holes for drainage Soil
-T5 & LED (T5 is over the seedling and LED is in opposite corner over a flowering cheese auto.
-No nutes yet
-Distilled Water when soil dries (fed mostly from the bottom but I lightly water the top just to get it damp)
-Temp average has been 79-81ºF
-Humidity was low for the first few days, between 40%-55% Now it is at 55%-75% thanks to a vaporizer that takes salt and another that
just blows cool humid air.
-6"fan on the seedling on low
4" inline fan w/ carbon filter it evacuate hot air (there's not much)
4x4 tent

I have some NYC Turbo Diesel and Cheese seedling that are 10 days old that are having some problems. These symptoms showed themselves in a matter of 6-8 hours as you can tell from looking at my grow 2 journal. Yesterday morning they were fine. Last night they were mottled yellow to straight brown. At first I thought it might be light burn as the T5 was 2.75" above the plants. Then a trusted friend on here said to check into Boron.
Help a fellow out if you have time.

Cheese_5_Burn_2.jpg

Cheese_5_Burn1.jpg

NYCTD_4_Burnteded.jpg

NYCTD4_Burn.jpg

NYCTD4_Burned.JPG

NYCTD3_Not_too_bad.JPG

Cheese_1_barley_burned.JPG

NYCTD5_Champ.jpg

Thanks in Advance. If you know someone who might know please send them my way. Peace folks!

My immediate thinking is a cal/mag def but it would help to know what medium you grow in.

Howdy folks,

I was reading some journal somewhere a week or so ago that talked about the order you should add nutrients, but I can't remember what journal or how to find the info.

So could anyone help me out with what order to add your nutrients to your water/nute mix? I'm not asking for a specific brand, just like, calmag first, grow before bloom, silica last, etc (these are just random examples that I have no idea if they are correct or not).

I always do my trace elements root enchanters etc first and cal mag then I put my grow. Then micro then finish with bloom

But what nutes you using ?

-NYCTD and Cheese Day 10
-Solo Cup with Hydroton at the bottom and holes for drainage Soil
-T5 & LED (T5 is over the seedling and LED is in opposite corner over a flowering cheese auto.
-No nutes yet
-Distilled Water when soil dries (fed mostly from the bottom but I lightly water the top just to get it damp)
-Temp average has been 79-81ºF
-Humidity was low for the first few days, between 40%-55% Now it is at 55%-75% thanks to a vaporizer that takes salt and another that
just blows cool humid air.
-6"fan on the seedling on low
4" inline fan w/ carbon filter it evacuate hot air (there's not much)
4x4 tent

I have some NYC Turbo Diesel and Cheese seedling that are 10 days old that are having some problems. These symptoms showed themselves in a matter of 6-8 hours as you can tell from looking at my grow 2 journal. Yesterday morning they were fine. Last night they were mottled yellow to straight brown. At first I thought it might be light burn as the T5 was 2.75" above the plants. Then a trusted friend on here said to check into Boron.
Help a fellow out if you have time.

Cheese_5_Burn_2.jpg

Cheese_5_Burn1.jpg

NYCTD_4_Burnteded.jpg

NYCTD4_Burn.jpg

NYCTD4_Burned.JPG

NYCTD3_Not_too_bad.JPG

NYCTD5_Champ.jpg

Thanks in Advance. If you know someone who might know please send them my way. Peace folks!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this looks suspiciously like nutrient splash. It's only on the lower leaves, closest to the soil, where splash would occur. May I ask, what are you feeding them with, and how careful have you been watering?

Edit: I take that back. You have something else going on.

What soil are you using?

It is possible you got defective genetics Mimi, but that's the last place I go. It does happen though, and I've never heard of this seed bank myself, which means nothing.

I'm wondering about the temps when you planted and during the germination stage. The only time I've had seedlings stall like that was when I subjected them to temperatures too cold for the soil community to be active enough to stimulate plant growth. Their stunted state suggests a disconnect between the plants and the soil. Soil temp would be my starting point in this mystery.

You have the experience in growing organically, so I'm going to assume it's not you, but something small that got overlooked.

We did have a huge cold streak here right when I put them in soil, they're in a spare room where the heat is normally off. I figured the lights would keep it warm enough but I noticed the temps dipped to about 68 during the day so probably lower at night, that's when I opened up the heat vents to that room. If cannabis is that sensitive about cold when young, that could be my problem. Thanks Sue ;)

Mimi, bobrown14 watches over the thread on organic soils for me. That'd be the best place to ask him about soils. He's a big fan of the CC mix.

Bob brown grows some great meds

Also I agree with sue on this one sue is also a good great grower. Goods hands .

I have a question about a Mars Hydro 300. Do they put off alot of heat. I have one on the way, and I was hoping I could lose the heater in my big tent

It puts off a fair amount of heat you may be able to get away with no heater. If you aren't very interested in the warranty you could always take the glass off the unit (easy process with tons of YouTube tutorials) that would raise temps by a little bit though you'd need to be mindful of water.

We did have a huge cold streak here right when I put them in soil, they're in a spare room where the heat is normally off. I figured the lights would keep it warm enough but I noticed the temps dipped to about 68 during the day so probably lower at night, that's when I opened up the heat vents to that room. If cannabis is that sensitive about cold when young, that could be my problem. Thanks Sue ;)

Well Mimi, it sounds like we found your answer. Chalk one more up to cosmic inspiration. :high-five: It blasted into my mind when I read the first post. Hahaha! Oh gosh.... I love the way the cosmos plays with me.

Cannabis prefers temperatures above 65 and below 85. Get your soil temperatures up and the seedlings will improve their performance. Your soil community went to sleep. :battingeyelashes: You'll want a fan to keep air moving. This cuts down on mold.

I always do my trace elements root enchanters etc first and cal mag then I put my grow. Then micro then finish with bloom

That's interesting. I read on growweedeasy that micro always needs to go first before gro or bloom. I read on here that cal/mag should be first then other nutes. So I've been mixing cal/mag first then micro then grow then bloom. Noob question I'm sure but why does it really matter?

I'm using a local Aussie brand called Second Nature which although apparently popular at the local hydro shop I haven't really seen it talked about on here which is why I said I wasn't asking for a specific brand because it's doubtful many people know it. It does however have the typical line, like grow A+B, bloom A+B, root stimulator, silica, etc, and whatever the line doesn't have I can get a generic(ish) form, like Trace Elements or CalMag.

I'm pretty sure I used to do grow, stimulus additives, calmag, whatever else, then pH. But after that journal I stumbled across late at night which I forgot to bookmark while drinking and smoking saying they should be added in a certain order got me thinking I should change the order or atleast ask a few questions about it and get some clarification. I haven't had huge issues so far with the order I was doing it in but hey, if there are experts who say it should be done a certain way for a certain reason then I'll give it a shot if it means healthier plants.

I'd say more info would be needed from both, as in what's your medium, are you feeding them and if so what, what products do you use with them etc....pretty hard to diagnose problems just from pics :Namaste:

Thanks GodOPot. I have the seedlings in Happy Frog mixed with Black Gold. There are Clay pellets mixed in with some perlite too. Less than 10% combined on both. No Nutes so far. Just PH'ed Distilled water. I have them under a 2ft T5, 4 bulbs, 24watts each, 6500k, 2.75" away until yesterday, now 6.5" away. I have a Vicks Vapor Humidifier that requires 1/8-1/2 tsp salt to get it going, and a Honeywell Humidifier. Temps and humidity have been pretty good in there. Any other info I can give to help you help me, let me know. I appreciate it!

My immediate thinking is a cal/mag def but it would help to know what medium you grow in.

Hey Happy House, thanks for your reply. Your time is appreciated. Here's what I told GodOPot.

I have the seedlings in Happy Frog mixed with Black Gold. There are Clay pellets mixed in with some perlite too. Less than 10% combined on both. No Nutes so far. Just PH'ed Distilled water. I have them under a 2ft T5, 4 bulbs, 24watts each, 6500k, 2.75" away until yesterday, now 6.5" away. I have a Vicks Vapor Humidifier that requires 1/8-1/2 tsp salt to get it going, and a Honeywell Humidifier. Temps and humidity have been pretty good in there. I hope that helps.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this looks suspiciously like nutrient splash. It's only on the lower leaves, closest to the soil, where splash would occur. May I ask, what are you feeding them with, and how careful have you been watering?

Edit: I take that back. You have something else going on.

What soil are you using?

SweetSue, I've been hoping for some advice from you. I'm not so happy it is on this situation but I am glad your here. I feed them with a pretty narrow 1/4 gallon pale. I have been very careful, but these were started by my roommate as we are going according to lunar gardening and I was out of town for all but 4/10 days these plants have been alive. I warned him of the dangers of leaving water drops on the leaves so I think he would mind that. I wasn't here though. Here's what I told GodoPot.

I have the seedlings in Happy Frog mixed with Black Gold. There are Clay pellets mixed in with some perlite too. Less than 10% combined on both. No Nutes so far. Just PH'ed Distilled water. I have them under a 2ft T5, 4 bulbs, 24watts each, 6500k, 2.75" away until yesterday, now 6.5" away. I have a Vicks Vapor Humidifier that requires 1/8-1/2 tsp salt to get it going, and a Honeywell Humidifier. Temps and humidity have been pretty good in there.

If you need more info SweetSue, please let me know. Thank you very much.

Ok here's a bit more info. The strain is white widow. I've been growing in Coco. I've actually been using fox farm nutes along with cal mag. I generally feed everyday or every other day. Temps have been steady around 77-80 degrees with around 50% humidity. I think these are better pics.
421ca07e8faad3ede4f2ef7f2ac4e6f9.jpg
be5bfed2ad3081f9c02a7b4ff1bb766d.jpg
cb38ec3ef21cbfa372deec41ad1e5ac4.jpg
4b6f34ca36805f5ebcd718398d3018e9.jpg

Sweet Sue, GodOPot and HappyHouse, I was wondering if you guys had a chance to look over the additional info I posted. As you can imagine, I'd like to get a handle on this and you folks are very trusted here. Also as the new leaves are coming out, so far they look great. How long would nute splash (it would have to be water in my case, no nutes yet) take to show signs? Same question with Cal or Boron deficiency?

Thanks GodOPot. I have the seedlings in Happy Frog mixed with Black Gold. There are Clay pellets mixed in with some perlite too. Less than 10% combined on both. No Nutes so far. Just PH'ed Distilled water. I have them under a 2ft T5, 4 bulbs, 24watts each, 6500k, 2.75" away until yesterday, now 6.5" away. I have a Vicks Vapor Humidifier that requires 1/8-1/2 tsp salt to get it going, and a Honeywell Humidifier. Temps and humidity have been pretty good in there. Any other info I can give to help you help me, let me know. I appreciate it!

Looks like it could be boron deficiency. Growweedeasy is a good site to look at for this. What is your ph? In soil, ph needs to be between 6.0 and 6.5 to absorb boron. Also, unless the soil contains boron, then you aren't giving your plants the boron through water as its distilled. Tap water contains the boron. You may need to also start nutes if you continue with distilled water. Check out growweedeasy boron deficiency and see what you think. .

I think I just figured it out. Do you see that Vick's Vapor Humidifier in the back and to the right? Ya know, the one that is pointed right at the plants. The very same one that requires an 1/8-1/2 tsp. of salt to get going and sometimes spits hot water out the front after I refill it, probably right onto my plants leaving them to cook in the light with salt water. Not all of them are effected as bad or at all as they were not in the line of fire. As for the younger leaves being all healthy and all (so far...)well they weren't around at the time of the incident so they check out Watson! Does the theory?

Side_Cheese.JPG

Probably directly in the line of fire
Cheese_5_Burn_2.jpg

Then not so much...

And again, one in free and clear, the one that was in the closest corner to the "Vapifier"
NYCTD5_Champ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom