Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Makes sense. Move it away and see how the plants react. Good sleuthing! .
I think I did on the 4th after that pic was taken. I'm pretty sure it was facing them most of the time before that. Hopefully that is what is was. When I was filling the Vaporfier tonight, I put the top back on an saw it sputtering hot water. Light bulb goes off and I comb my last post an voila! There that thing is, pointing right at them. Sweet Sue said nute splash and she was right. It still looks A lot like Boron deficiency though.

Thanks for the help everybody. They are still growing vigorously. I think the damage is minimal and we'll continue as nothing happened. Come have a look if you are curious. :scratchinghead::phew:

Hi growers need help ASAP!!!!!
Growing dr krippling incredible bulk auto seed day 55 in coco under 600w hps on 12/12 the plant is about 3ft but it’s not flowering help!!!

A normal auto would absolutely be blooming, a lot, by day 55,, and a normal photo plant, a non auto, would absolutely be flowering two weeks after switching to 12/12. Tho perhaps not a week after the switch, but two weeks for sure

I would be concerned as well but really nothing else you could do. No ferting or anything I know about could change the situation you are describing

Karma sent friend

Hi growers need help ASAP!!!!!
Growing dr krippling incredible bulk auto seed day 55 in coco under 600w hps on 12/12 the plant is about 3ft but it's not flowering help!!!
I'm a noob grower, so I know very little, but... could it be a male? A photo for the experts would go a long way toward helping you. Good luck!

I wouldn't argue the efficiency, turn around time hands down on hydro is faster...but personally I don't need fast turn around myself..it's a hobby and each grow produces more than enough to last until the next grow is done, so time doesn't really matter to me...the largest factor to me would be quality....but to make a statement that "soil growers can get quite upset at the fact hydro is more efficient and effective and done correctly quality is far superior to 99% of soil grows"...quite honestly you're just pulling #'s out your rear lol...this is just your opinion, none of it is "fact"...you can't compare an experienced hydro grower to an inexperienced soil grower...if it was indeed "fact" this discussion wouldn't even exist

A perfect hydro grow vs a perfect soil grow, in my opinion I believe the soil grow will be of better quality...but that's just my opinion...
Since I've started growing in soil I've ran many many tests. In the 7 months since I've started I've read what.. 5-7 books a month and guess where I started... soil.

Sorry I still have micro organisms in soil book waiting for me, but let me say this. Mastering soil is MUCH more difficult than hydroponics. There's so many variables. Any fertilization should be based on sound knowledge. The only way to do that in soil is to get soil tested. In a indoor grow we are not worried about sustainability so we are once again throwing out the benefit of soil being sustainable.

Since I've started, ive also got a huge compost pile, a worm box, experimented with various exotic herbs, etc.. I love soil and organics(plus on large scale it's cheaper) BUT there seems to be so many issues with soil in my grow. Especially with a 7month old plant that was harvested this morning.

The nutrients a plant takes up makes no difference wether organic or synthetic. The main difference between organic and synthetic is trace minerals and the time the nutrients become available to the plant concerning nutrient uptake.

I could sit her and write about this all day really, but in order to compete with a experienced hydro grower, a soil grower needs a vast amount more knowledge to compete with a hydro grower to obtain the same results. Oh and not to mention much more work.

Just my 2cents. My next journal will be all hydro. Taking a break for a year or so but I bet I'll be able to blow a good portion of the members on here away by that time.

Since I've started growing in soil I've ran many many tests. In the 7 months since I've started

but I bet I'll be able to blow a good portion of the members on here away by that time.

Since I've started growing in soil I've ran many many tests. In the 7 months since I've started,,,,,,

hmmmm,, all kinds of red flags goin off fer me,,

but I bet I'll be able to blow a good portion of the members on here away by that time.

certainly what it's all about friend,, cheers

Since I've started growing in soil I've ran many many tests. In the 7 months since I've started,,,,,,

hmmmm,, all kinds of red flags goin off fer me,,

certainly what it's all about friend,, cheers
Sure did, i must of filled 9 different mixtures of soil, outdoor and bagged with amendments to experiment with silt, clay, and sand content. Monitored and recorded the ups and downs of each. My journal on here is the tip.

I plan to go gorilla so yea, soil has been a big part of my focus.

I think hydro has so many benefits over soil. I started growing in 1999 and since 2007 there hadnt been any time period where i havent had some sort of grow running. I started out growing in soil, switched to hydro, back to soil then went fuĺl time hydro around 2008 sometime. So referring to my previous post on hydro vs soil id say i have a vast amount of real hands on experience with both soil and hydro. Ive grown thousands and tbousands of plants literally.

As beeefy points out soil as a medium is far more complex than hydroponic medium and takes a far deeper level of understanding to master, something i am definately not in soil however i do understand soil growing and the fundamentals of soil growing.

The question was which is better? Well better for what really? But any experienced grower who has grown successfully in soil and hydroponic mediums such as coco coir or rockwool or any of the inert medias will tell you hydro is a simpler more efficient way to grow indoors. Does that mean there are no benefits to growing in soil? Of course not and its personal preference. Hydroponic growing can get expensive when buying nutrients bit for me thats about the only down side.

It was pointed out that i may not be right all of the time, well of course that is yrue and techniques and views on growing change consistantly. But i will also say there are few on tbis forum who have the hands on experience i have. There are some great growers on here for sure but most are novice growers. Everything i comment on or make suggestions for i have tried and tested and i have over a dozen journals on this site showing different things all with sucvessful grows. So feel free to take my opinions on board or not but what inwill say is just be sure to question any info you are given and be sure they know what they are talking about.

Peace.

We need a growers dictionary. What's a " hempy"?
Hempy is a grow method using only petite as the grow medium. I don't know much more about it than that. I was going to try it but it looked so weird when I had a pot of only perlite.... so I mixed in some coco (50/50) and my plant is not doing well. I clearly need to research the feeding schedule with hermit hempy .

A hempy is a small plant grown on a container aroound 2litre in size. Quite often a 2litre soda bottle. The bottle will have holes drilled in the sides for drainage a couple inches up the side of the bottle and creates a small resevoir at the bottom. You can use any medium for a hempy but perlite/vermiculite mix and coco coir are the most common.

Since I've started growing in soil I've ran many many tests. In the 7 months since I've started I've read what.. 5-7 books a month and guess where I started... soil.

Sorry I still have micro organisms in soil book waiting for me, but let me say this. Mastering soil is MUCH more difficult than hydroponics. There's so many variables. Any fertilization should be based on sound knowledge. The only way to do that in soil is to get soil tested. In a indoor grow we are not worried about sustainability so we are once again throwing out the benefit of soil being sustainable.

Since I've started, ive also got a huge compost pile, a worm box, experimented with various exotic herbs, etc.. I love soil and organics(plus on large scale it's cheaper) BUT there seems to be so many issues with soil in my grow. Especially with a 7month old plant that was harvested this morning.

The nutrients a plant takes up makes no difference wether organic or synthetic. The main difference between organic and synthetic is trace minerals and the time the nutrients become available to the plant concerning nutrient uptake.

I could sit her and write about this all day really, but in order to compete with a experienced hydro grower, a soil grower needs a vast amount more knowledge to compete with a hydro grower to obtain the same results. Oh and not to mention much more work.

Just my 2cents. My next journal will be all hydro. Taking a break for a year or so but I bet I'll be able to blow a good portion of the members on here away by that time.

I agree living soil is very complex and there's truly a lot more to learn and understand...you're right you should look into everything you decide to put in your soil as well, the thing is though, there's been so many that have already done this, so using a broadly accepted mix such as CC's mix gives you a base starting point that already has so much of that testing put into it and is all readily available, no need for testing yourself per say..

As for synthetic vs organic nutrients..there is differences, pretty large ones at that too...take N, it can be taken up by a plant as NO3- or NH4+(I think)....in LOS the plant will "control" which form it wants more of and have the micro-herd supply that form, whereas using synthetics you can't rely on the micro-herd cause you've killed it off...the entire delivery system between synthetics and organic is completely different, easy to think of like this...in a real organic grow(living soil) you're feeding the microherd and the plant takes what it wants, in a synthetic grow you're feeding the plant

Not quite sure what you mean about being sustainable indoors....my idea of sustainability is relying less and less on outside resources(so food/nutrition etc..) and being able to provide everything for yourself...so those plants you cut down, compost & reuse them etc...supplying everything you need yourself & not letting anything go to waste(not that this is my aim, just my understanding of being sustainable, obviously electricity and some things need to be sourced from elsewhere for now), so with this understanding I don't get how Hydro would ever be considered "sustainable" vs Soil..perhaps you mean something else though

Cultivator...not trying to switch you over to Soil here lol...you posted in an organic grow journal last week that I follow closely and said something that stuck out...."Too be fair im a huge believer in beneficials. I used to run sterile res for a long time but ive been running live res in my hydro grows for past 4 years or so and there is no way id go back to sterile. The difference in quality alone is more than worth it."

If you feel that way, than think of it from an organic soil growers perspective, in hydro you only get a mere handful of the bennies that get utilized in a LOS, if you couldn't go back to living without the use of those bennies, imagine from a LOS growers perspective having to give up all the bennies they use that don't survive in hydro

I get that the average soil grower doesn't have the slightest clue about this stuff(myself I've only began to learn about all this), but I'd argue that's the average grower them self, that it doesn't pertain to soil vs hydro...the only difference being that anyone can pick up some dirt, plant a seed in it and call themselves a soil grower, whereas if you choose to do hydro, you must at least do some research into it so are more likely to have some knowledge of what they're doing. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom