Auto Chemdog - 1st Auto Grow

ok here is plant 3 and 4 of my auto chemdog, first/second grow of autos, hope you all like them.....
plant 3
AUTO_CHEMDOG_P3.jpg

plant 4
AUTO_CHEMDOG_P4.jpg

ok plant 4 is dry and ready for the jar's 57 1/2 gram's.... not to bad i think... will try a little tomorrow night, but this one is done, i have a auto lemon skunk and a great white in 18/6 right now with the sun blaze 46 over it ant the nice new 300w from jason on the side will post a few pic's tomorrow.....:volcano-smiley:

I have 4 Light of Jah autofems and wondered about topping them too. I copied and pasted this:

Auto-flowering cannabis plants are on a tight schedule! They start flowering at 3 weeks, and have pretty much stop growing vegetatively by the time they're 6 weeks old. There's no way to change that. It still takes a few more weeks until buds are ready for harvest, but in that time an auto-flowering plant won't be growing new leaves and stems.

An auto-flowering plant is "full size" at just 6 weeks from seed! For example, these autos are 6 weeks old, which means they won't get any bigger even though buds are still fattening and harvest is several weeks away!So if you top your auto-flowering cannabis plant when it's young and it gets shocked for 2 weeks, that means your plant only has 4 weeks in total to grow if you think about it. A small cannabis plant is going to yield a lot less, and a 4-week plant is a lot smaller than a 6-week plant. This reasoning is why many growers say to never to top your autos. You want a big plant instead of a small plant with a few extra tops. You need long colas to get the best yields from cannabis plants.

For a first-time grower of autos, it can be easy to stress the plant and stunt its growth for all kinds of regular reasons. Topping just throws another factor into the equation!

A stunted autoflower won't produce much bud because it never gets big!

Check this out

Auto Topping Thread, started by Beast and contributions from dozens and dozens members and of their experiments. It all depends on the strain, some flower in 4 weeks some in 8 weeks. Trial and error for me... I've found a few strains I like that veg longer than others. It's totally your call bro.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

So if you top your auto-flowering cannabis plant when it's young and it gets shocked for 2 weeks, that means your plant only has 4 weeks in total to grow if you think about it.

First thing's first...

:welcome: to :420: Time4420! You won't find a better, more complete or open community for your 420 needs than this site right here. I've looked. :)

I think most of us that are topping autos have found it doesn't shock them for 2 weeks, or really at all. It slows them down a touch for a few days while it puts out the new tops, but if used as part of a larger training plan in the end the increase in the effectiveness of a level canopy easily makes up for this slight delay.

Check out our first Crop King Seeds Early Miss for an example of what can happen after an accidental near-topping (and resulting defoliation) and our second Early Miss, which was heavily topped and trained.

We got 186 g off the first, and 166 g off our second. But there was less than two ounces of top quality buds on the first, the rest was increasingly larfy popcorn and we ended up bagging up 50 of it for later extraction. By comparison the second had no popcorn at all, none. All 166 was rock hard, full and sticky nugs. By far our best buds so far.

So, there's a bit more to it than the quote you found can illuminate. I can't imagine I'll ever not top and train again (regardless of strain), unless we can legally start growing it in the backyard. :)

ok all i add'ed two autos in my grow just cause i had them a auto lemon skunk and a great white shark'
so i left them in my veg tent in 18/6 with the t5 ho and i addedd the 300 watt led from jason....

great white shark
20160421_213716.jpg
20160421_213727.jpg

lemon skunk
20160421_213812.jpg
20160421_213802.jpg
20160421_213754.jpg

Back
Top Bottom