Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Strains

Re: Arteekay's First Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Str

Hope you get a panel with the switches to man, i would have loved to have the switches so i dont have to swap panels throughout the grow but oh well. and the leaf looks awesome man haha and it does seem feet are a popular option here, i dig it though :Namaste:

Re: Arteekay's First Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Str

Hope you get a panel with the switches to man, i would have loved to have the switches so i dont have to swap panels throughout the grow but oh well. and the leaf looks awesome man haha and it does seem feet are a popular option here, i dig it though :Namaste:

So I think my plan is to use my current tent with it's existing lights (Spider x4 and a 125w CFL) for veg and the new tent, MarsII 900w, and the new carbon filter and exhaust system for flowering. We've picked up a pack of Crop King Seeds Crown Royale and ordered the White Widow online, so we'll probably pop one of each of those next week some time.

Figure we'll move the three or four best of the current autoflowers into the new tent under the Mars, and leave two or three of them in the existing tent under the spider. We'll leave both tents on 18/6 until the new CR and WW are ready to move into the flowering tent.

So much for the small discrete cabinet grow.

So I think my plan is to use my current tent with it's existing lights (Spider x4 and a 125w CFL) for veg and the new tent, MarsII 900w, and the new carbon filter and exhaust system for flowering. We've picked up a pack of Crop King Seeds Crown Royale and ordered the White Widow online, so we'll probably pop one of each of those next week some time.

Figure we'll move the three or four best of the current autoflowers into the new tent under the Mars, and leave two or three of them in the existing tent under the spider. We'll leave both tents on 18/6 until the new CR and WW are ready to move into the flowering tent.

So much for the small discrete cabinet grow.

haha trust me it will only keep on growing! i tried to keep my grow in a 4x4 tent and i now have 3 tents with plants for a forth lol

Looking good. I ordered the Mars ll 1200 the other day. Can't wait to get it let me know what you think of the Mars ll 900

Great work Artee! Feet? Really? I'll use my kids toys or something lol.

Have you looked into super cropping?

haha trust me it will only keep on growing! i tried to keep my grow in a 4x4 tent and i now have 3 tents with plants for a forth lol

I started October 29th with watching some YouTube videos about the BC Northern Lights RoomMate, then realized it would be like 3k fully loaded and was pretty small for that price. Mobile though sounded appealing, so the Cash Crop 4.0 was my next stop, teeny and close to a grand to get shipped to Canada. Then I massively overpaid locally for my original setup, and after everything I've purchased I'm probably over what the RoomMate would have cost, but with a ton more space.

It's gotta end soon though, getting too close to Christmas. Next upgrade cycle will be spring or summer if I can find some self control.

Looking good. I ordered the Mars ll 1200 the other day. Can't wait to get it let me know what you think of the Mars ll 900

Got my tent and two Mars II 900w lights in late today. I was mistakenly set two but only ordered one. Can't wait to get it all fired up. I was surprised by the weight of the boxes though, that 1200 is gonna be heavier than you think I'd bet.

Sorry to hear about your light I know that sucks. .but hey man you know I love the autoflowers... mind if I grab a seat in here for a bit?

Firstly, I'm very glad to have you on board for any time you're willing to spend. I've been busy reading your threads and posts, and can't wait to start applying your techniques. Unfortunately this grow may be a bit of a disappointment to you, since i promised my cohorts that I wouldn't "play" with our first grow. The extent of the LST I'm doing on this grow is limited to some leaf tucking (which I've already screwed up once) and whatever I can do to help with some bamboo stakes. We felt we needed to establish some kind of baseline to compare against future grows.

As for the light, it was a good day for deliveries. I got the switch in and replaced. Twilight's Canadian partner/wholesale customer/whatever was reasonably quick to provide a full solution, and of course it wasn't all that hard to open it up and get it going without the switch. In all I lost a half day of LED lighting, but the cfl made it so it was just a reaaaaally cloudy day for the girls. It definitely could have been far worse.

Great work Artee! Feet? Really? I'll use my kids toys or something lol.

Honestly, I had to work to get it in, probably wasn't worth it for the joke (read some older thread about someone who always had his foot in the shot) and won't be a common feature to my future pictures.

Have you looked into super cropping?

Read about it, watched a bunch of videos about it with before and after type stuff. Interested, but not for this grow. We'll be starting a Crop King White Widow and Crown Royale photoperiod later this week now that I can have separate veg and flower tents. Those will get played with for sure. First I need some in storage.

Re: Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Stra

When I accidentally break a pretty leaf off like that, I put it in a heavy book and press it. Some day maybe I'll turn them into art or something. I dunno. *shrug*

I hear you about Mondays - I really hate going to my office because I can't pop down to the garden every hour or so. I like to think my babies miss me as much as I miss them.

Re: Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Stra

Lol... you get over not wanting to touch them soon. I was scared to death at first but there hardy plants... you can't mess one up unless your trying ( I mean break it.. you can Def kill one with soils and fert lol) anything you do to them they will bounce back... but nothing will be a dissapointment brother your growing your own cannabis now..

Disappointingly, neither of the panels had switches. I also note the new model has different mount points, moved to the corners I assume to move out of the way of the switches and likely as well to counteract the fact this model tends to twist sideways.

When I accidentally break a pretty leaf off like that, I put it in a heavy book and press it. Some day maybe I'll turn them into art or something. I dunno. *shrug*

I hear you about Mondays - I really hate going to my office because I can't pop down to the garden every hour or so. I like to think my babies miss me as much as I miss them.

I did exactly that, I just couldn't bring myself to throw it out. I should go and check on it...

Lol... you get over not wanting to touch them soon. I was scared to death at first but there hardy plants... you can't mess one up unless your trying ( I mean break it.. you can Def kill one with soils and fert lol) anything you do to them they will bounce back... but nothing will be a dissapointment brother your growing your own cannabis now..

It's a whole new world for sure. I look forward to sharing my adventures with anyone willing to watch.

Thanks all.

:peacetwo:

Due to unforeseen difficulties with my new and now old LED vendor, I didn't get a chance to post last night's pictures. It honestly took all the joy out of what should have been a very good day.

Here's the new setup and what they kid's looked like last night:

Seem to really like the new lights. Everyone was up to pray to the new and old gods.

And tonight's pictures, just before light's out.

Starting to look a little droopy, but the pots are heavy enough that they are going to wait another night at least, depending on how they look tomorrow of course. So far these pots have taken 14 days, then 8 days, and now 6 days to dry out. Seems like I have a drainage issue to take care of for next time they are in use. More perlite alone good enough?

Honestly, the spider provided better lighting for pictures I think, not to say that has any value at all for my girls of course.

I'm sitting in my tent looking at the plants after medicating, when I say to myself "Self, why don't you lift this air-pot and see if you can see any roots out the bottom.". Who am i to ignore that guy, so of course I do, completely forgetting I have a set of lights right above me. I should have been able to tell as it was incredibly bright, but apparently I am not.

I lift my Early Miss up and jam her straight into the bottom of the light, cracking the stem right above the first node and bending the crap out of her. Of course I have a cohort there watching, looking like I'd just killed his dog. I quickly stood her back up, braced her a bit with a small screwdriver, and lightly taped the crack with a narrow chunk of painters mask tape as it was all we had handy.

Read that I should treat her like a fresh clone, so I've moved her into the corner and raised the lights a couple of inches to give her a little less light, and will probably give her some foliar water as soon as bedtime hits.

Any bets on if she survives it?

(snipped) you can't mess one up unless your trying ( I mean break it.. you can Def kill one with soils and fert lol) anything you do to them they will bounce back...

Challenge, accepted. Dammit.

:surrender:

The key is to make sure the broken ends match perfectly and have support and pressure to keep them together. I try to put some tension in any way I can (tape and Popsicle sticks. Put a bump of tape around the center of the Popsicle stick and place the bump against the break on the open side. Then tape the ends of the Popsicle stick to the stem above and below the break. Not too much tension, just enough to keep some pressure to keep the ends of the wound pressed together. Try to match it up perfectly. If it doesn't wilt you got it right. I also tape around the break to keep things as sterile as possible.

Wilted within 10 minutes. Pretty sad looking. I'll give her a day or two at least to see what happens.

One down, 5 to go.

Hang in there. Still have 5 others. All 6 were looking great in the last photo's so while it sucks, ya got some backup :thumb:

I also think there will be a decent recovery ;)

If she survives and produces, I'm calling it EST (to the Extreme!) and taking credit.

If she doesn't, I'm calling it a successful grow harvested a bit early.

I can live with that.

Off to take tonight's pictures, as sad as that'll look for one of 'em.

Back
Top Bottom