Tommboy1973’s Outdoor Desert Autoflower 2021

The buds are looking good (if tough to trim!). And the little auto sprouted at the same time as the others? :eek:
Thanks! Yep, it did. Could just be a fluke, but thinking it doesn’t like that soil mix. It’s from some local back yard nursery guy who sells his own potting soil and compost. I had some trees potted in it that were doing well, and the guy swore it’s comparable to Happy Frog so figured I would give it a try.

Do you think I should trim more leaves off these? I had trimmed them flush with the bud at harvest but my buds were very very leafy so I’m afraid there’s still too much leaf? Or should I wait until they’re cured and smoke some before I decide? What’s left has crystals on them.

Do you think I should trim more leaves off these? I had trimmed them flush with the bud at harvest but my buds were very very leafy so I’m afraid there’s still too much leaf? Or should I wait until they’re cured and smoke some before I decide? What’s left has crystals on them.
Looking great I'm gonna harvest next weekend but I'll use the tent as dry room while I sprout a new run

I wouldn’t. I have buds that look like that; that I cured in the fridge last year.

The way I figure, those will get ya high just like the ones on the buds. :lot-o-toke:
Thanks!!

Update on the drying process:
The buds I hung to dry are still curing. 66% today on day 3, burping for a few min once daily. I haven’t trimmed the leaves off yet. They have a bit of a hay smell :(

Low and slow fridge method. Buds are slowly drying. It’s been 10 days and I checked them in a closed jar today just for shits and giggles, I knew they were still too wet. Sure enough, after I let them come to room temp I capped the jar and they were at 79% within 30 min’s. I spread them out to dry for a little bit, in the dark (light was only for the pics) before they went back in the fridge. They still smell wonderful tho! Not a hint of mold or hay smell to them.

The hay smell is the chlorophyll burning off, so burping daily is what allows that process to continue. And why I don't seal my jars for curing until at least three weeks from chop!
Good to know! Thanks! It’s so dry here I don’t see any way to not seal the jar at this point. So far I am liking the fridge method for that reason. It’s allowing a very slow, controlled dry.

Oh and I tried a tiny piece of one of the fridge buds today, after letting it dry for a few hours on the counter. Not sure I’m liking the buzz at this point. Kinda lazy, foggy headed, heavy limb feeling. Will it change at all after curing? Will make a good nighttime med at least. And the few buds I have left on the plant pretty much look the same. A few more pistils are growing, and maybe some foxtails starting? The tricomes don’t really seem to turn amber but I feel like I see less of them, and some dried up looking ones like they are degrading. Maybe this variety doesn’t really amber?

Not much to be done with foxtailing on an outside plant. Usually that's just genetic.

Here is one of my Blueberry autos with stacks of foxtails. It just means more trichomes!
full

Not much to be done with foxtailing on an outside plant. Usually that's just genetic.

Here is one of my Blueberry autos with stacks of foxtails. It just means more trichomes!
full
Beauty!!! How old is it?
My first auto is 120 days today. Kinda curious what would happen if I just let it go to the very end, lol!

BTW I started a second journal for my next round of autos, hoping to apply what I’ve learned to this next batch.

And I potted up a couple photos today, including one of the Durban Poisons, going to see how they do over the summer. Going to try those in my garden beds with organics as soon as the compost I added cooks a little. Got shade cloth, silica, seaweed extract, humic acid and bio char to help with the extreme heat here. I’m hooked now!

Back
Top Bottom