Second Outdoor Desert Autoflower In Arizona

Nice job, looks good! That rinsate tho:oops:
Thanks!! Yeah, it’s been super windy and dusty here. So I’m really hoping it’s that and not bug shit that’s in the bucket lol

So….I decided to chop BB today at 104 days. I had pulled another tester bud Monday and let it dry outside, then inside in a baggie until today. I took one good hit this morning and my first thought was, ok it’s pretty good. 10 min later I was like holy fuck I’m stoned out of my mind, lol.

I checked tricomes again just as a learning experience, and I believe I saw a few ambers on the calyxes. The fan leaves were all pretty much dead. I hope I chose the right time, but either way I was happy with the buzz on the tester. I find it very funny that I was stoned while harvesting the very same plant it came from. The high lasted me thru most of the whole 3 hour process.

Like a dumbass I forgot to take a whole plant pic before the chop, but here is the main cola pre wash and post fan removal.

The first wash bucket with the baking soda and lemon juice was disgusting by the time I was done.

I did a wet trim, here is one of the tops and the whole harvest on the table post trim.

I cut off all the stems and separated the buds. I forgot to tare the bowl before I filled it, so the first weight is bowl + buds, second weight is bowl only. Total wet weight of buds was 549 grams.

Update on the remaining plants to follow shortly.
Congrats and whoopie. That's cool smoking on the plant you're harvesting Imma try that

Beautiful takedown and it sounds like perfect timing to me! Nice trim job too. :welldone:
That rinsate tho
That's not too bad for an outside desert grow!
Thanks!! Yeah, it’s been super windy and dusty here. So I’m really hoping it’s that and not bug shit that’s in the bucket lol
Count your blessings!

full

That's caterpillar poop on the sides. :eek:

So….I decided to chop BB today at 104 days. I had pulled another tester bud Monday and let it dry outside, then inside in a baggie until today. I took one good hit this morning and my first thought was, ok it’s pretty good. 10 min later I was like holy fuck I’m stoned out of my mind, lol.

I checked tricomes again just as a learning experience, and I believe I saw a few ambers on the calyxes. The fan leaves were all pretty much dead. I hope I chose the right time, but either way I was happy with the buzz on the tester. I find it very funny that I was stoned while harvesting the very same plant it came from. The high lasted me thru most of the whole 3 hour process.

Like a dumbass I forgot to take a whole plant pic before the chop, but here is the main cola pre wash and post fan removal.

The first wash bucket with the baking soda and lemon juice was disgusting by the time I was done.

I did a wet trim, here is one of the tops and the whole harvest on the table post trim.

I cut off all the stems and separated the buds. I forgot to tare the bowl before I filled it, so the first weight is bowl + buds, second weight is bowl only. Total wet weight of buds was 549 grams.

Update on the remaining plants to follow shortly.
Absolutely Beautiful

NTH

Congrats and whoopie. That's cool smoking on the plant you're harvesting Imma try that
Thanks! I was so stoned I didn’t even think about it until I was halfway thru!
Beautiful takedown and it sounds like perfect timing to me! Nice trim job too.
Thank you!! Your help was a big part of it!
That's caterpillar poop on the sides.
Where’s the vomit emoji when you need it?
Absolutely Beautiful
Thank you!!

Quick update on the rest of the garden because I forgot to finish that the other day.
High of 104 today, next week forecast is 113 to 115, which means probably 115 to 117 here at the house.

Pebbles Pranks coming close to finish in the next couple weeks I think. It suddenly started not needin water every day. Fan leaves are starting to yellow in the last couple days

Pic from Wednesday

Pic from this morning

Biggest cola

Tangerine dream and Durban poison are doing great. I probably need to top them again or LST to keep them from eventually growing to the roof lol, but I just transplanted them into 10 gal cloth pots within the last week so I’ll wait a couple more days or maybe wait till this heat wave is over I don’t know? Just not sure which would be best way to go now. I’ve already topped twice.

Quick update on the rest of the garden because I forgot to finish that the other day.
High of 104 today, next week forecast is 113 to 115, which means probably 115 to 117 here at the house.

Pebbles Pranks coming close to finish in the next couple weeks I think. It suddenly started not needin water every day. Fan leaves are starting to yellow in the last couple days

Pic from Wednesday

Pic from this morning

Biggest cola

Tangerine dream and Durban poison are doing great. I probably need to top them again or LST to keep them from eventually growing to the roof lol, but I just transplanted them into 10 gal cloth pots within the last week so I’ll wait a couple more days or maybe wait till this heat wave is over I don’t know? Just not sure which would be best way to go now. I’ve already topped twice.
Your girls looking great. Heat wave will end in September.

Finishing strong! Solid looking colas but looks like a tough one to trim.
Just not sure which would be best way to go now. I’ve already topped twice.
You already have the cages around them to tie them to. Get them flat and let them ride!

Finishing strong! Solid looking colas but looks like a tough one to trim.

You already have the cages around them to tie them to. Get them flat and let them ride!
Thanks! I can do that! It would certainly be less stressful on them during this heat.

While I’m here I’ll do a quick update on them.
High temps all this week at 116-118° F
Windy as well so it feels like a blast furnace out there, lol.
I was off yesterday so was able to observe how they are doing throughout the day.
Both pots still were moist by weight and by moisture meter but I am getting some midday wilt on the Durban and some crunchy leaves on the Tangerine. They bounce back (other than then crunchy) as soon asthe sun drops down.

The 116 is the temp sensor in the garden, in the shade. The others are on porches and inside.

As for the Pebbles Pranks, the last tester bud said she was ready. I harvested all the big colas and got 593 grams, and left some lower buds on to see if they will mature a little more. I left a lot of leaf on this time, as it doesn’t matter so much for what I have planned for them as you will see below.

It’s too hot in the shed and the mini fridge couldn’t keep up, even with the inkbird, so I had to give my friend the buds from BB to put in her fridge. So I had to come up with something to do with the PP.

I found a post on here about FHO, fresh harvest oil, and decided to give it a try. My plan was to make edibles anyways as that is my preferred route of administration, so this could be really good!

I put 400 grams of fresh bud along with 750 ml of organic EVOO and blended it up with my ninja. I saved 2 big buds to fridge dry at my friends. And froze 100 grams for later use. It’s currently in process, the water just boiled off at about an hour in, and I am seeing decarb bubbles as the temp has risen up to 230. Still got a ways to go! I will update with a post on the process once I’m finished. Wish me luck!!

The Pebbles harvest looks terrific upside down, and loaded with trichs too. Well done!

Have you got a way to keep the cloth pots of the Durban and Tangerine cooler, like sinking them into even bigger pots of soil?
It’s currently in process, the water just boiled off at about an hour in, and I am seeing decarb bubbles as the temp has risen up to 230. Still got a ways to go!
A long way to go since oil insulates the THCa molecule from the heat, making decarb much more difficult in oil than in air. Let it run at 230-240 for at least a couple of hours.

Thanks guys! I’m really hoping this oil turns out good as it solved a couple problems I had. Super leafy bud, and having to dry outdoors in 116 degrees.

I read the entire 43 pages of SweetSue’s Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil post, over last night and this morning. Here’s the link if anyone is interested (I know you’ve seen it Shed as I saw your posts in there)
SweetSue’s Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil
I took screenshots of the important parts to reference so I’m hoping I’m able to make it right. Fingers crossed.

Have you got a way to keep the cloth pots of the Durban and Tangerine cooler, like sinking them into even bigger pots of soil?
Not really. I piled more straw around them to see if that helps. I also sprayed the outside of the pots and the straw to wet them this morning, I’ll see how they do this afternoon.

I'm not aware of anyone who has had their fresh harvest oil tested, and Sue was high from the moment she woke up in the morning using various methods of intake, so I always had a hard time trusting her judgement on what "worked" and what didn't.

Nova on the other hand, has done loads of lab testing and found that decarbing in oil is much more difficult than in air.
"When you add the decarbed flower into the fatty oil, the oil encapsulates the flower, acting as an insulator. That’s why it’s necessary to decarb BEFORE you infuse."
Source

There is a chart about a quarter of the way down that page that shows the THC decarb results in oil.

Back
Top Bottom