Second Outdoor Desert Autoflower In Arizona

I don’t have a Bluetooth thermometer but mine does record max amd min, so at least I can make sure it’s staying in range.
I find checking the tricomes to be VERY tricky so far, lol. Very hard to hold still enough between the wind and my body movements to get a look at anything for more than a split second.
In my very limited experience I've quickly discovered the hardest part is waiting and choosing a harvest time. Seems to be the only part of the grow that goes slow

In my very limited experience I've quickly discovered the hardest part is waiting and choosing a harvest time. Seems to be the only part of the grow that goes slow
Very true!

So I staked my plant up this morning, and now I can’t get rid of the smell on my hands. I tried dish soap, and oil then dish soap and I can still smell it. I’m at work now hoping that no one else can, lol.

You have to get rid of the resin. Try rubbing alcohol or Goo Gone then soap. That usually work for me. Lemon juice may help mask the smell.
Awesome, we have rubbing alcohol here, I’ll try that. Thanks!!

I don’t know why I didn’t think alcohol? I was thinking back to when I was a floral designer and we used to use Crisco to get the pine resin off our hands at Christmas time. Crisco and then dish soap did the trick for that.

When is your monsoon season? I’m in Florida and we’re in hurricane season which started June 1st and runs through November.

When is your monsoon season? I’m in Florida and we’re in hurricane season which started June 1st and runs through November.
Officially starts June 15th but we usually don’t see anything until July. Runs until September I think.

Early July till mid September. It takes being hot everyday. The rising hot air creates what is known as a thermal low the resulting change in wind pattern draws humidity from the gulf and the Baja. Creating t storms. It just didn't happen much last year. Occasionally we will get remnants of tropical system that comes from the Pacific and up the Baja

Early July till mid September. It takes being hot everyday. The rising hot air creates what is known as a thermal low the resulting change in wind pattern draws humidity from the gulf and the Baja. Creating t storms. It just didn't happen much last year. Occasionally we will get remnants of tropical system that comes from the Pacific and up the Baja
Interesting! I didn’t realize it was the heat itself that brings the rain (hopefully)

So….I decided to chop BB today at 104 days. I had pulled another tester bud Monday and let it dry outside, then inside in a baggie until today. I took one good hit this morning and my first thought was, ok it’s pretty good. 10 min later I was like holy fuck I’m stoned out of my mind, lol.

I checked tricomes again just as a learning experience, and I believe I saw a few ambers on the calyxes. The fan leaves were all pretty much dead. I hope I chose the right time, but either way I was happy with the buzz on the tester. I find it very funny that I was stoned while harvesting the very same plant it came from. The high lasted me thru most of the whole 3 hour process.

Like a dumbass I forgot to take a whole plant pic before the chop, but here is the main cola pre wash and post fan removal.

The first wash bucket with the baking soda and lemon juice was disgusting by the time I was done.

I did a wet trim, here is one of the tops and the whole harvest on the table post trim.

I cut off all the stems and separated the buds. I forgot to tare the bowl before I filled it, so the first weight is bowl + buds, second weight is bowl only. Total wet weight of buds was 549 grams.

Update on the remaining plants to follow shortly.

Back
Top Bottom