Catman's Autoflowering LED Closet Grow - White Widow & Pineapple Express

Nicely done, Catman! Great harvest! Curing is easy compared to growing. Open the jars, smell them, close the jars. If you smell mould, pull the bad one, dry and reseal. Very little chance of mould if you are already at, and have had steady, low RH. It could be pure luck, but I've never been concerned about, nor had any mould in the curing process. Burp them once or twice a day for a quick air exchange and all is good. You lucky dog! Good growing, C.

congrats. I dry my buds for 4-5 days, jar them for a day, take them out for a day, then jar them for good.

Great work man! That is all looking great.

About your buds. Fill the jar up but dont force any buds in. Just what it will hold without force. Burp daily. You should notice that after some time in the sealed jar, the bud gets wet again if it is indee too wet still, so burp more and for longer. Once you start noticing that the bud seems dry to the touch when you open the jars, burp less often and for less time. You will get the hang of it. You want your buds to dry as slowly as possible while avoiding mold.

All around great round-up C-Man!

Now that you learned how to, and are supplying yourself. It will soon be your turn to help someone else learn how to do this as well based on what you have already learned.

Thanks b.real and Thanks Seraphim :peace: I feel like I have a better handle on this with your help :peace:

And, I agree Seraphim - it is all about giving back - here at 420 and now maybe across the US! If cannabis ever becomes fully legal in my state instead of just decriminalized, I'd like to help some folks around here too.

:Namaste:

Go to the pet store, go to the lizard section, find a cheap hygrometer that will stick on.

Stick the hygrometer on the inside of the lid on your jar.

When you think the buds are ready chuck them in the jar, wait about 3-6 hours and check the meter you are looking for 60% rh, if it is over take out the buds and dry more, if 60 put them back in overnight and check again, if they remain stable at 60% seal and stash (I put a vacuum seal) if they are less than 60% put back in jar overnight and check rh in the am, if it remains low put a fresh bud in with them and try to get the rh up to a stable 60% (DO NOT leave the fresh bud in the jar for more than a few hours as this could mold!)

Thanks a lot Buckshot that is a GREAT tip! I'm going to look for those hygrometers today :cheesygrinsmiley:

curing is subjective, I find more terpenes in fresh green weed, great for bong and processing... but in a spliff there is nothing like a smooth cured bud.

I hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor over the holidays.

I agree, but I didn't know why until you posted this. There is a difference for me with the different stages of "freshness/dryness" and also with the method used to ingest. I have obtained a quality vaporizer and while I appreciate a lot about it...sometimes there seems to be "something" missing so I do a bong. Combusting must provide me additional ingredients left out by the vaporizing process (??)

PS If you are able to obtain concentrates you can load a "pen" and take puffs even in smokeless environments such as above because it creates a vapor not "smoke" plus all it takes is one or two pulls and you are medicated

Like I mentioned I do have a vaporizer...but for right now I cannot imagine using it while I stay there due to the environment and due to just not being stoned around my Mom.

She knows I have a closet grow. She even said she'd like to try a canna cookie sometime. She asked what would happen if she ate it and I told her she might fall over (due to the fact I almost did several times when I first got stoned again LOL)! She replied "I don't need any help with that, I do that already"

:cheesygrinsmiley:

If I could get a non-psychoactive strain I'd take a dozen canna cookies to my Mom in a heartbeat for her hip pain.

:love:

Nicely done, Catman! Great harvest! Curing is easy compared to growing. Open the jars, smell them, close the jars. If you smell mould, pull the bad one, dry and reseal. Very little chance of mould if you are already at, and have had steady, low RH. It could be pure luck, but I've never been concerned about, nor had any mould in the curing process. Burp them once or twice a day for a quick air exchange and all is good. You lucky dog! Good growing, C.

Thanks too old!! :cheer:

a dry goods vaporizer is OK and for me I had to get it real hot before it did anything for me. If you like bongs you will like concentrates in a glass rig like this :roorrip: and it will leave you satisfied, also concentrates in a pen will satisfy too... MUCH better than heating dry goods

a dry goods vaporizer is OK and for me I had to get it real hot before it did anything for me. If you like bongs you will like concentrates in a glass rig like this :roorrip: and it will leave you satisfied, also concentrates in a pen will satisfy too... MUCH better than heating dry goods

Stop it! You're making me hungry :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have a lot of 420 growing up to do before I'm ready to try my hand at making concentrates...I think. Maybe. Then again, if you told me just three months ago that I'd grow two plants to maturity and get myself a good med harvest I'd not hardly believe it. Unimaginable!

:smokin: :smokin: :volcano-smiley: :hookah: :volcano-smiley: :smokin: :smokin:

Re: GOOD NIGHT ADA

Well, after close examination yesterday I decided it was harvest time for Ada the White Widow. 67 days old today. Into lights out after these photos were taken. This second grow (and grow journal) is coming to an end!

Good Night Ada!

A_2_3.jpg

A_5_1.jpg

A_12_1.jpg

A_6_1.jpg

Those pink hairs are too many! She looks so good Cat!

Your plants have turned out very well! Great job. I am looking forward to your smoke report of Ada and of course you next journal :high-five:

What are you thinking for your next grow?

Great work here C-Man! :goodjob: Great to see how well things turned out.

Remember the times during this grow when you thought all was lost and behold how things worked out. Next time you feel at a dead end with a grow, remember this experience and know there is a way to save her and move forward to a good harvest.

Great grow and journal so far. Looking forward to your final weights, smoke reports and of course... your next journal!

:bravo:

Those pink hairs are too many! She looks so good Cat!

Your plants have turned out very well! Great job. I am looking forward to your smoke report of Ada and of course you next journal :high-five:

What are you thinking for your next grow?

Thanks SweetLeef :cheesygrinsmiley:

I want to clean out the closet and have a rest. wonder how long I'll have before I miss looking in there?

I have one more Pineapple Express to try. I wanted to also try another freebie: a feminized photoperiod Blue Cheese. I only have the one of each so...fingers crossed? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Great job Catman, those are beautiful and tasty looking buds mmm mmm mmm - awesome pictures too. I'm smoking one in honor of Ada and your efforts today. Have a happy harvest Catman!

:cheer: Thanks colorfuldayze - hope the smoke was good :cheer:

Great work here C-Man! :goodjob: Great to see how well things turned out.

Remember the times during this grow when you thought all was lost and behold how things worked out. Next time you feel at a dead end with a grow, remember this experience and know there is a way to save her and move forward to a good harvest.

Great grow and journal so far. Looking forward to your final weights, smoke reports and of course... your next journal!

:bravo:

I remember! :blushsmile: Actually I hope everyone remembers all my "pitfalls" from both journals. When I was lurking on 420 and reading through some journals, I loved the budshots, but the problems and solutions I read about are what made me think I could do it too. It wasn't a mystery anymore...

Remember - I have killed every other house plant I have ever owned. Until now.

:party:

Hey Catman - just wanted to say congrats.....again. Also, to tell you that I got my mom-in-law tuned in and turned onto canna butter brownies. From the get go, her bursitis has pretty well been absent, her sleep is better, and she smiles a whole lot more (especially when other people comment and we glance at each other, lolol). Now if I can get her to grow, it'll be party time at the old folks home! And, like you, I had a perfect brown thumb. Every plant that came within reach of me died. Then I started growing. Still kill everything else, but my ladies like me, and that's all that matters.

Hey Catman - just wanted to say congrats.....again. Also, to tell you that I got my mom-in-law tuned in and turned onto canna butter brownies. From the get go, her bursitis has pretty well been absent, her sleep is better, and she smiles a whole lot more (especially when other people comment and we glance at each other, lolol). Now if I can get her to grow, it'll be party time at the old folks home! And, like you, I had a perfect brown thumb. Every plant that came within reach of me died. Then I started growing. Still kill everything else, but my ladies like me, and that's all that matters.

LOL I'm with you there too old. My Ladies have been really patient with me and so has Mom. Glad your Mother-in-Law is doing better! Good on you big time for helping her out!

:cheer::party: Ada has been cut and hung :party::cheer:

Strategizing with low humidity I pinched off her main fan leaves before lights out (as you could see in the previous photos) and I am going to wait to trim her to see if she can dry a bit slower. Doing my best to learn as I go, so harvesting these two plants separately has really helped in the learning curve department. Photos later.

:cheer::party: !! Happy Growing !! :party::cheer:

This is such a happy time! You are harvesting, I am harvesting, we are harvesting, its going to be a great Holidaze!!

Congrats again C-man!

:bravo::bravo::bravo::welldone::welldone::welldone::cheer::cheer::cheer::cool::hookah::blunt::woohoo::theband::theband: and of course lots of :party::party::party:

Back
Top Bottom