LED Pineapple Express Redux

looking good there
:thumb:
Nice looking girls you have there!:thumb:

thanks guys! and welcome to my journal omm =]

i forgot to mention yesterday that last night was the first night of week 3. lighting schedule is down to 11/13. i'm starting to be able to smell them outside my grow room i think. that probably means that people who havent been living with the plants for months can smell it when they come into my house lol... so its time to work on some odor control. i'm not using any exhaust in my tent since i'm using co2 and the temps stay low enough. so i'll probably be using ona gel throughout the house. i already do, but probably time to ramp up the usage lol.

lol i was just thinking.. this journal is no longer pineapple express. gonna at least change my signature lol

new issues with the homemade cloner.. being a closed system, the pump warms the water way too much. the clones turned to mush. all but one of them was ruined. the 5th was pretty woody, but the lower half of the stem is discolored. i stuck it in the hydroton powergrower and gonna see if it roots. in the meantime, i'm going to cut some new clones and do them the old fashioned way. a couple in rockwool and a couple in jiffy pots, gonna see which works the best and put it in the powergrower for the next harvest.

I had the same heat issues with my TurboKlone. You can try adding frozen water bottles to the res a couple times per day. Also, you can run the pump less (possibly). But, all that being said, I ended up boxing the TK and have been using Rapid Rooters to clone.

Plants look great! +REPS! :welldone:

yea man... i never really considered that the pump would heat the water too much. looked at heat exchangers and WOW theyre pricey. its to the point where i've spent so much money on the thing that i feel like i need to get it working.. but i dont wanna spend any more lol.

for now im gonna stick with jiffy/rockwool. i've got 6 clones right now.. 3 in each medium. waiting for them to root.

hey guys. update time! i was out of town the past week, had a trusted friend taking care of my babies. i set everything up so there was no chance of error, and wow the purple kush is really coming along. the super silver still doesnt really seem to be doing anything. its really odd.. 3 1/2 weeks, and no sign of flowering to speak of. anyway, here are some pics of the kush...... i can't wait for this one.

IMAG03849.jpg
IMAG038610.jpg
IMAG038710.jpg
IMAG038810.jpg
IMAG03909.jpg

oh yea.. excited to be back and catching up on all the grows i was watching, and to keep sharing mine with you guys =]

thanks! when i came home today after not seeing them for a week.. its the first thing i did after setting down my bags. i opened the tent, stuck my head inside, and just started laughing out loud =] fun stuff. the calyxes on that kush are just so beefy and thick. its cool looking, to be sure!

i really wish the super silver would do something =[ they're sleeping right now. down to 10 hours of light.

i forgot to mention, one of the clones in rockwool sprouted roots all over the place! i didnt count em, but each side of the rockwool had a lot of roots coming out. its a super silver, but i put it in the gh powergrower anyway. starting with very light nutes. 2.5ml of each per gallon of water. there are some purple kush clones in jiffy pots, and it looks like at least one is poking a root through. i'm going to plant them probably in buckets to be mother plants for a perpetual grow. with the way this kush is looking, it sounds like a good plan =]

oh also... defoliating tomorrow.

defoliated and lst'd the kush. trimmed it to 5 or 6 main stems which i tied in a sort of cylinder formation for best light exposure and airflow. cut a couple more clones from the defoliation. i really want to have some healthy purple kush clones before i harvest this one. so here's my clone situation now:

gh powergrower: 1 super silver (rockwool, many roots)
my aero cloner: 3 purple kush (1 rooted in jiffy pot, then rinsed. 2 from today's defoliation)
1 super silver (rooted in jiffy pot, rinsed)

i'm going to leave all the clones in the mediums they're in right now. i think the aero tub should have enough room for 4 small plants. i'll be using it for these clones as a kind of proof of concept. i just wanna see it work =]

the super silver is still planning on being a late bloomer im hoping. it looks like its trying.

Snapped some more pics lol. I got one of the most developed part of the super silver. maybe it needs a lot more soil room or something. it seems like its a plant that would thrive outside where it can grow large.
IMAG039911.jpg

The purple kush on the other hand is nice and compact... kinda. Good enough for this grow at least =] It's developing nicely!
IMAG040010.jpg
IMAG04037.jpg
IMAG04047.jpg
IMAG04058.jpg
IMAG04066.jpg
IMAG04077.jpg

Back
Top Bottom