G13 Pineapple Express - New Grow

stokesy

Picture_182.png
Just starting a new grow, and as I've not been too successful with my previous 3 grows, I need to share this with you - see where I've gone wrong.

My first grow was reasonably successful - Brneys HoneyB and Arjan Strawberry Haze. 2 out of the 3 ASH were impotent - no kick, although all looked ok. One of the Barneys kagged out near the end... I had a problem with runaway ph with all my grows so far..Nearly ruined the current mature grow with too much lime. I used ordinary garden lime... and they were ok until a few weeks into flower, and then they stopped... I seem to have revived them.

They've ll been harvested as the trichs were about 30% amber

Onto the current grow. 8 seeds, G13 Pineapple Express from Attitude. 9 germed, and one only lasted a day...so.. 8 remain.

The pic is them at 10 days from germing.

At the moment, I'm using a temperature controlled box with a 200w CFL lamp horizontal placed over them. Theyre in a mix of perlite and Light Allmix. No noots as yet, and I'm keeping them fairly dry, to bring on the roots.

When they're ready, they'll be under 600W temperature controlled and filtered tent.

Using Airpots now...

All previous grows have been LST'd.. and I see no reason to change...

Yesterday, they had their first watering since germinating, two weeks and 2 days ago. Used Bio-grow at 1/4 strength, as the bigger leaves are starting to go light green, leaning towards yellow.
Moved them into the tent , 250w CFL, nicely temperature controlled and vented for 12 hours, and then into the BIG tent with the older ladies for 12 hours under 600w hps (away from the main glare). This is just a money saving excercise. Saves 250 watts 12 hours a day.. which shows on the electric bill...

IMG_24934.JPG

here's how they look at 3 weeks from poking their little heads up....

Your comments are very welcome - and, indeed, encouraged!

The Stoke

Of the 8 remaining, it looks like one is one the way out. It was having a problem supporting itself, so I gave it crutch, but it looks like it's had it. The aim is to grow 6 healthy young ladies...they share the main tent with the elders for the 12 hours on, then I move them as above with a 250 watt CFL, cooled by a 5" computer fan, blowing across them. Waiting for a temperature regulator for them, but they do just fine,at around 74F within a degree or 2.

Should I lower the CFL, does anyone think? I think I could, because of the air blowing across them...

They don't look leggy.. so I think I'll leave them, on second thoughts.
IMG_24956.JPG

I would not lower the light but instead jerryrig a hood. which can be as simple as coating some cardboard with aluminum foil/ Mylar bending it in the middle putting it on thebulb and BAM more lumens are going to your babies.

Top pic was taken 5 days ago, 11th.April
Bit of yellowing there, so I upped the noots to half strength....
That's a 250 w CFL with a shade...

the other two pics were taken today, 16th. April

As you can see, the yellowing has advanced...

It's time to re-pot, but I'll wait for comments on the pics before I do.

The next step will be into Allmix, in 6" airpots.

What should I do about the yellowing? I think, when I repot, there should be sufficient noots in the Allmix to correct the yellowing.

What you think?

Im not familar with Allmix but that might help what ever it is dont forget to rinse it out first ! anyways i had some yellowin i used some calmag it cleared it right up .....

I used Allmix ((Biobizz) on my first grow, and although the results were below my expectations, it was the most productive, in terms of weight, so I'm trying it again. It's balanced for nutrients and ph. I feel it's too rich for germination, and is more suited to five or six weeks old babies. I'm planting them up today, in the absence of any comments...
5 weeks now, since they germinated.

Soil mix as follows:

3 Allmix
1 peat compost
1 vermiculite
2 tabs dolomite lime.

four of the plants as above, and the other three as above, but with the addition of one portion of worm castings, seived.

The above two mixes make up to around 2 gallons (UK).

IMG_250210.JPG

Not a great pic for clarity, but they're now in 6" airpots and looking a LOT better after just 12 hours. They were dry and wilting when I transplanted.

I watered them with rainwater (6.6 ph) and a touch of molasses, just enough to "weld" the rootball into the new soil mix.
Next week I'll swap the 200w CFL for a 600w HPS.

Any comments?

Early you mentioned keeping them a bit dry to 'encourage' roots. This is completely wrong, and your plants look near strangled to death by dehydration. Media should always be wet. Good airy soil in airpots is not going to allow root rot, even if you think the poor things are drowned. Water with rainwater now, to excess. Then water them some more. Do it again tomorrow, and watch the yellowing stop.
Think about more nutes next week, while you water. 80 or more percent of biomass of interest is water. CO2 is second, and mineral salts are a distant third. Water your plants.

BTW, RH% is more significant than pH.

I would venture to say your PH is killing your plants. I would feed them so ph 5.6 water for a few days with no nutes.

Also water how much your watering them they will wilt with too much AND too little. the air pots will help you a bit now.

Noooooooooooooo. Don't feed your SOIL plants using a ph of 5.6. A ph of 5.6 is for hydroponics not soil. A ph of 6.6 is ok for soil. What is your ppm when you water your babies? Your ph in soil should be between 6.5 to 7.0. Keep up the good work.

^^^lol I am just kidding man.

On a lighter note...I have been growing G13 labs Pineapple Express since 2009. Same plant. My plant tolerates a lots, in fact she has never really giving me any type of fuss.

Its hard to tell whats happening until you supply more information. Until then everything everyone said is pretty much irrelevant until we know what type of nutes, soil, watering frequency, pH adjustments.....are you growing in a grow tent? If so how old is it, I have had off gassing problem from a grow tent and it took me months to figure it out and my plants started off by looking like yours and progressively got worse.

Watch this video to see the plants...this is when I didnt know what the problem was....it sucked so so so so so so so so so bad!!!!

Click ME

Back
Top Bottom