LED Pineapple Express Redux

alright, started my other journal.

Perpetual Transition - Indoor - Soil - LED - CO2 - Airpots

i'll still be keeping up with this one. and certainly for the next week or two while im waiting for the clones to root, this one will be more exciting.

..who am i kidding, flowering is always more exciting than veg :cheer:

anyway, ill snap some new pics tomorrow. gotta pick up a loupe first!

I just stumbled on to your grow. I have been looking into getting some good LED lights that I can use for flowering.

When I first went to your last page and saw the bud developement on your Kush I was totally amazed!! I never had that kind of results from my UFO when I tried to flower with it. When I went to the front of your journal to see what type of LED lighting you were using I couldn't believe it! You are doing great!

The Super Silver bud growth could be because that is a long flowering strain compared to the Kush. The bud growth on that plant is about what I got using that light.

I use the airpots too! OMM should get commission for all the airpots he has helped sell on this site!!

That Kush is incredible. It is about 3 1/2 weeks into flower? Great Job!:bravo:

I just stumbled on to your grow. I have been looking into getting some good LED lights that I can use for flowering.

When I first went to your last page and saw the bud developement on your Kush I was totally amazed!! I never had that kind of results from my UFO when I tried to flower with it. When I went to the front of your journal to see what type of LED lighting you were using I couldn't believe it! You are doing great!

The Super Silver bud growth could be because that is a long flowering strain compared to the Kush. The bud growth on that plant is about what I got using that light.

I use the airpots too! OMM should get commission for all the airpots he has helped sell on this site!!

That Kush is incredible. It is about 3 1/2 weeks into flower? Great Job!:bravo:

Thanks for the encouraging words! =] As a pretty new grower, its always nice to hear.

I too am pretty pleased with the Kush. I think thats why the SS looks so weak in comparison. I was aware of about a 2 week longer flowering period, and I know its a strain that really loves room to stretch and grow.. its probably not in the ideal environment, but its definitely developing now. And.. if I'm correct off the top of my head, today is the 35th day of flowering. so just starting the 5th week. that picture you saw is a bit older though. gonna get some updates posted this afternoon.

The UFO has really been great for me, but soon i'll be upgrading my flowering area to a 300w diamond series led from advanced led, and the ufo will join the cfls in the veg area. For this grow though, all the veg and flowering has been with one 90w UFO.

as promised:

SUPER SILVER
this one is definitely starting to bud. super slow should be its name though =] 35 days and here's where we are
IMAG04277.jpg
IMAG04286.jpg

PURPLE KUSH
what can i say.. im excited! these pictures are each of a different main stem. there are 5 total, this is only 3.
IMAG04297.jpg
IMAG04317.jpg
IMAG04338.jpg

thanks for the support guys! it means a lot, especially since this is my first (not failed) grow =] i really cant wait to try it. definitely going to be gradually going to a more perpetual style though. big plants are cool but consistent harvests are nice too

:amen:

gave the plants a good soil flush today. they're droopy and sad (more the super silver than the kush), but i thought i'd do a photo shoot since they were in natural light =]

I'll start off with the super silver. budsites are slowly starting to develop.

IMAG04425.jpg
IMAG04445.jpg

and now the kush!
IMAG04347.jpg
IMAG04368.jpg

IMAG04414.jpg
IMAG04378.jpg
IMAG04477.jpg
IMAG04456.jpg
IMAG04387.jpg
IMAG04398.jpg

The Kush is looking great! Hopefully the Silver Haze will get with the program. You started both plants in 12/12 same time right? The Kush looks like a champion! :goodjob:

Last grow I had a Royal Haze that flowered very strangely. When the plant was finnished it looked like a big fluffy cactus. I had no real buds on the entire plant. Tons of trichs but no buds. :peace:

well yea they started flowering at the same time but, i'm using the gas lantern routine, so every week i take a half hour of light away. it's the start of the fifth week of flowering so the schedule was like this:

12/12
11.5/12.5
11/13
10.5/13.5
10/14... thats this week.

i'm pretty happy with the kush, and i'm still hopeful for the super silver. might have to use a tomato tressel(?) or something, the stalks are pretty lanky and thin lol.

oh, and its Super Silver (from Dinafem). but yea its still a haze sativa

I have my chocolate haze (own mix, not sure if stable) and it came into flower at same time as the rest of my plants but by the looks of it, it's 3 weeks behind my other plants. there just slow flowering strains but leave it growing long enough and the harvest is normally good, large long colas.

yea the flowering time of the super silver is 70-80 days and the kush is 50-60. so... i'm sure its right on schedule.

the kush is really starting to plump up though =]

one of the kush clones started drooping today.. i thought it was the one with the most potential. put a dome over it for humidity, but i'm wondering why it would quit all of a sudden. the others look a little droopy too. maybe i messed up on the water i gave them yesterday? hopefully theyre alright. i really want at least one of the kush clones to make it!

yea the flowering time of the super silver is 70-80 days and the kush is 50-60. so... i'm sure its right on schedule.

the kush is really starting to plump up though =]

one of the kush clones started drooping today.. i thought it was the one with the most potential. put a dome over it for humidity, but i'm wondering why it would quit all of a sudden. the others look a little droopy too. maybe i messed up on the water i gave them yesterday? hopefully theyre alright. i really want at least one of the kush clones to make it!

just out of curiosity when did you cut the clones? rooted yet? i leave mine under a dome wet the plug or cube trying to keep some moisture where the roots will pop, spritz the leaves once in awhile till they root. might wanna give them a few days before you give up on them

oh i havent given up on them at all.. i just put them all in jiffy pots 11 days ago. the last ones took about 2 weeks or maybe even a little longer. i got their humidity back up and they're looking better now.

oh i havent given up on them at all.. i just put them all in jiffy pots 11 days ago. the last ones took about 2 weeks or maybe even a little longer. i got their humidity back up and they're looking better now.

good to hear

emergency post!

leaves are starting to turn yellow/brown, starting at the center (and in between veins). they're also curling up at the edges. the super silver is drooping hard and looking like death. the kush is showing symptoms too. any ideas? i looked through the problem solver and didnt see anything that matched my case.

will post pics later

emergency post!

leaves are starting to turn yellow/brown, starting at the center (and in between veins). they're also curling up at the edges. the super silver is drooping hard and looking like death. the kush is showing symptoms too. any ideas? i looked through the problem solver and didnt see anything that matched my case.

will post pics later

Hey there buddy. Don't worry. Plants are very forgiving. Please post some pictures asap. You will get a lot of good advise. You could have a calcium deficiency or a ph problem. A flush might be in order also. However, hard to tell without pictures.

The Kush almost looks like it is naturally maturing. There will be a few fan leaves that will loose color later in flowering. :thumb:

i certainly hope you're right. the flowering period of purple kush is 50-60 days and its been 40, so it should be maturing now. the buds look great but i wish it would fill out more...

ok so on to today's pictures... starting with the super silver. not in good shape at all, and i'm not sure why.

IMAG04626.jpg

IMAG04634.jpg

this plant isnt really showing the exact same symptoms as the kush now that i look at it again. it seems like its just dying.

in these pictures you can really see the yellowing i was describing on the kush:
IMAG04656.jpg
IMAG04664.jpg
IMAG04687.jpg

here's the bud on the stalk that has the most yellow leaves:
IMAG04696.jpg

so.... yea it looks like it might be a maturation thing.

here's another random kush bud pic:
IMAG04707.jpg

Back
Top Bottom