G13 Pineapple Express - New Grow

Noooooooooooooo. Don't feed your SOIL plants using a ph of 5.6. A ph of 5.6 is for hydroponics not soil. A ph of 6.6 is ok for soil. What is your ppm when you water your babies? Your ph in soil should be between 6.5 to 7.0. Keep up the good work.

i'm sorry wrong for soil, but defo leave out the nutes for now that soil would be fine for a bit just water and i see he added a chunk of lime. test the run off.

IMG_250210.JPG

Not a great pic for clarity, but they're now in 6" airpots and looking a LOT better after just 12 hours. They were dry and wilting when I transplanted.

I watered them with rainwater (6.6 ph) and a touch of molasses, just enough to "weld" the rootball into the new soil mix.
Next week I'll swap the 200w CFL for a 600w HPS.

Any comments?

All pics show dry media. Stunted growth with tenuous hold on life is result. Hydrophobia?
Once your roots dry, they die.

Watered them properly today, with rainwater at 6.6ph. Runoff as follows:

6.9 X3
7.1 X 2

A little on the high side already.. despite there being an extra lot of peat...hope it's not the lime... !

They're looking ok now - and there's no signs of any more yellowing.

As they're in Allmix, ( a balanced soil with nutrients ), I won't be adding any noots till I see a change...

Tks all, so far.

Don't take my word as I'm not a soil grower, But lime releases slowly so will get stronger over time? Maybe a soil expert could advise. When I used soil as a kid I only used pre-bagged seedling mix (sand, perlite, soil, maybe peat?) and used tomato feed later on in my ignorance.

When in just the mix with no tomato feed the plants thrived for 2-3 weeks with just tap water, again in my ignorance but my point is less is more for young plants.

IMG_25046.JPG

IMG_25046.JPG

Here they are at 6 weeks, looking a LOT better. Put them under the 600w hps in the main tent .. still small for their age, I think, but they're putting on weight!

Apologies for the pics being just clickable, rather than actual pics... must have followed the instructions incorrectly...

Things have changed a bit.. will post pics when I figure out how to, with this new setup... but they were suffering lack of Nitrogen, yellowing, which I think has now been corrected, but the ph is running away.. most of the babies are around 7.2ph.. which is an exact repeat of my previous grows. Just switched to 12/12 after 8 weeks from germinating.
How to stabilise the ph is again my problem!

Help!

It's Wednesday now - I go away for 6 days on Friday, and would LOVE to have them sitting around 6.5, for peace of mind, and of course, success!

Anyone help?

Keep in mind, the soil is Allmix, perlite, peat, with a touch of lime, said to act as a buffer...

I'm No expert with soil but I would repot If i was you with just allmix/perlite and miss out the lime/peat, You use lime in high acid soil (i think?) to raise PH, we want more acid then base when growing cannabis. small amount of lime later on in the grow once you soil is spent a bit would probably be better.

Also I would cut off them yellow leafs and just leave the nice green growth.

If you do just this you will not have issues with PH ever.....Throw out the liquid nutes and do supersoil like subcool.

I just make up the supersoil and never HAVE to feed them anything but water. And by the way...when you water your plants you should soak the entire dirt area. There should be enuff perlight in the soil that it quickly drains. Then just wait till the pot is light when lifted. If you want to encourage root growth then go en extra day then water. Also.....always run your veg lights on 18 hours a day.

And honestly...if you plant them in 1 gallon containers they wont need food till you transplant into the supersoil pots...then they have the fresh soil for food. I have learned to use aact teas with my supersoil.

You should not have to water in hydrated lime to correct a low ph ever...if you are then you did not use enuff pellitized dolomite or the soil has acidic media like to much peat....

Honestly man....supersoil is a great way to get a few successful grown under your belt. No worring about PPM or should I feed or what deficiency is this or that...the plants just fukin grow and luv it. Ask anyone who uses it.

Just my 2 cents dude. Good luck and I hope the plants bounce back

I will help you solve your problems if ya want. But you need to post what you are growing in? What soil did you use?

One thing I have found is that once you have a problem with your roots it can take time to correct and the plant may remain stunted. Check your roots and if they look really fine like hairs and no big white healthy roots it can be hard to fix....

Cona

Things are now a lot better, and still haven't had the time to figure how to post pics on here like we used to...Main problem now , as has been with all my grows... is runaway ph... they're all sitting around 7.1 - 7.3... and that's after a week of flowering.. more to follow when I get catchup time re the pic posting.

i agree, too many nutes i would just stick with water n a lil bit of nutes for veg. the cannabis plant is very resiliant n strong to begin with. like givina baby steriods

Yea my opinion allways use less than they say to use hope you fix your girls :goodluck:

i myself am growing G13 labs PE its like 2 days off 1 month old funny thing is i use rain water most of the time , tape water when i have to but ive never had a problem with PH cause i just dont worry about it when im using soil.
also rain water i know is usally ph around 7 and my plants seem to be healthy all the time.

From what I see I think the nute solution is hitting those bottom leaves and causing the yellowing. I am not sure at that size you could already be running into a ph issue that is only affecting the lowest growth. it would hit the whole plant when that size from my experiences.

I would water without nutes until the pop the next inch or so up....there should be no deficiency in a plant that size. I have found that most of my shoots do better with less nutes the first two weeks and once they are tall enough to not hit the soil with leaves I go into a nute solution. Too much too soon will make the plants haywire. I sometimes take off lower leaves that won't stay off the soil just to avoid this issue if I want to nute em up right off with a starter mix. :goodluck:

Still havn't got round to updating the pics, although they're in the camera. Just got to figure how to post them.. They're looking a LOT better now, 2 weeks into flower.. BUT I still have the SAME PROBLEM with runaway ph. It was up around 7.2. I;ve been flushing two plants now, for HOURS, and the ph has RISEN to 7.5 and more.. !!! I'm just flushing with plaintap water at 6.5. This has happened before, and I'm not exaggerating about the amount of flushing time. I'm now up to 3.5 HOURS of flushing..., I have two water feeders into the pots, pumped. These are 11 litre airpots, (translates to 3 gal US), and they must have had at LEAST 5 flushings, with the ph runoff rising with each flush, it appears.
How, or perhaps WHY does this happen? I would expect the opposite, if anything, considering the amount of peat in the mix.

Anyone? And, yes, I'll get the pics up tonite, somehow.

The Stoke

IMG_09938.JPG
IMG_098910.JPG
IMG_098414.JPG
IMG_07367.JPG

Right. Perhaps this will work... First three pics were taken yesterday, after 4 weeks in flower, looking much better... but.. still have problems, as you can see. The buds are fine, but I suspect they're low on Nitrogen. After crisping the last few grows with most likely too much fert, I'm reluctant to up the dose at the moment. Using Biobizz Topmax and Biobizz Biogrow at half the amount recommended on the Biobizz site. I've also been foliar feeding about twice a week with Nitrozyme, whic I think, was resposible for them recovering from the state they were in a few weeks back.
Ph has continued to rise.. after extensive rinsing with clean water at 6.5, the ph continued to rise. So - after running each 3 gal pot through with about 20 gals of water, I foliar fed them and put them to bed for the night..
They seem ok apart from yellowing leaves, and generally not green enough, as yo should see from the pics.

A week ago, at the end of their 3rd week in flower, I took cuttings from them...for the purpose of cloning for the next grow. I'd read that you CAN clone when they're in flower, but it could lead to hermies...
Checked on them today, (they were dipped in Clonex and put into little peat pots, Rootz, I think theyr'e called), and 6 of them have roots poking out of the little pots! I was amazed... they all look ok,a and I'm confident they'll all come good. They're in an enclosed seed tray with a 200w CFL looking down on them. Should I start another journal for the clones progress, you think?

No idea how long the main ladies will take to mature... 8 -10 weeks is my best guess..

Your comments are welcome, and now I've the the pic upload procedure in hand, I'll be posting frequently.

Anyone got anything to say about the G13 PE strain?

Tks!

Back
Top Bottom