LED Pineapple Express Redux

Heres a close up of one of my clones, preflowers that have any sort of white hair is female. This is a mature clones so mature preflowers.
100_12213.JPG

Also I take most cutting In flower, I take the stems that look shaded or I don't want as cola's. They seem much better when you take clones from a mature flowering plant.

PS my pineapple express seeds I said were very green are alive and well, I grow two seeds one was perfect and the other had one curled leaf at the start then grow like normal. they seem strong and health.

G13 Labs Feminised Pineapple express brought from attitude seeds NOT the auto that you can buy. If you feel like trying the strain again try from attitude.

G13 Labs Feminised Pineapple express brought from attitude seeds NOT the auto that you can buy. If you feel like trying the strain again try from attitude.

thats exactly what i bought. =]

So i forgot to mention earlier that my 5pk of Green Pads came today. Lights just turned on so i misted one and hung it. I don't have a co2 ppm meter, so I'll be relying on their claims that it produces 1000+ ppm in a 4x4x8 room. My tent is a little smaller so one pad should do great. I turned off my exhaust fan to make sure the concentration is good. I didn't have much heat anyway, since im using all LED, so I expect it to stay in the high 80s.

Im excited!

tomorrow i might go ahead and try out this cloner. got the plastic sheet glued to the lid.. but it doesn't seem to want to stay. maybe i'll try sanding the plastic lightly to give it some scuff for the glue to grab onto.

anyway, i did add a water level gauge. works great. i marked one line for full, and one line for pump danger zone.. if it goes below that the pump will start to not be submerged. this way i won't have to lift the lid to check =] very easy. about 8-9 inches of 1/2 inch clear hose, a 1/2 threaded elbow, and a 1/2 inch plastic faucet tailpiece nut. drilled a hole slightly smaller than 1/2" and screwed the elbow in, then put the nut on the other side and tightened it up. i cut the hose to fit, and cut notches in the tub so the hose is held vertical. I can also use this to drain the tub if i need to.

IMAG026314.jpg

and now for today's picture.. maybe tomorrow i'll take it out of the tent for better examination, or at least turn on regular lights for a few minutes. the led is too bright for my camera, but you can see the hairs. that was around noon today. i just snuck a peek and there are four or five more areas of the plant with preflowers now, its starting! =]

IMAG026010.jpg

the CO2 must be working wonders.. i know this for two reasons. first, i just barely unzipped my tent, and stuck my head in and examined my plants for a few minutes. normally i open it wide to allow fresh air in and a healthy dose of co2 (although my fan circulated enough air). after a few moments of having my head in there and breathing, i started to feel light headed, so i quickly took one last glance and closed it back up. definitely too much co2 in there for a human =]

also, SO much growth in just a day. definitely way more than i've seen maybe ever. its the first time in a while i was actually surprised when i peeked in. huge growth. if you're not using these yet, you SHOULD BE. Green Pads. theyre like 20 bucks for a 5 pack, and last a week each. granted, i only have one day of experience, but there's nothing else that could account for the explosion in growth. will keep you guys posted, so far im a believer! (i just looked up ppm meters, and there's no way im spending $200 to find out what i already know. judging by how quickly it made me lightheaded, there's tons of co2 in there lol)

what about you guys? ever use co2? what method did you use?

also, i believe i just found my next seed purchase... super lemon haze =]

Flowering Day 7:

The plants have grown a lot definitely since last week. The Kush is getting loaded up, and I think maybe I'm starting to see female preflowers on the Super Silver as well. The temperature range yesterday with no ventilation fan and the co2 was 79-87, pretty good i think. RH 41-59%. Kinda humid at the max, but that was probably when i initially misted (ok over-misted) the co2 pad. holding at 43% currently, which is perfect for the co2 pad.

Pictures later!

Picture Time

Snapped some pictures in normal light.

Super silver first. you can see how much she's spreading out and up
IMAG026711.jpg
IMAG026810.jpg

And now the purple kush.. this plant is dense as fuck lol. I think the other plant is pretty healthy but next to this one it just looks skinny. And look at the bud sites starting to fill up =]
IMAG026910.jpg
IMAG02709.jpg
IMAG02719.jpg
IMAG027212.jpg

i got the cloner working without leaking =]

cut 3 from the super silver and 2 from the purple kush. i really couldn't find any other places on the kush that i wanted to trim. one of the purple kush clones is pretty beefy.

IMAG02769.jpg

so the flowering plants are on day 1 of week 2, and this will be day 1 for the clones. the clones have their own co2 green pad, above the lights.

new issues with the homemade cloner.. being a closed system, the pump warms the water way too much. the clones turned to mush. all but one of them was ruined. the 5th was pretty woody, but the lower half of the stem is discolored. i stuck it in the hydroton powergrower and gonna see if it roots. in the meantime, i'm going to cut some new clones and do them the old fashioned way. a couple in rockwool and a couple in jiffy pots, gonna see which works the best and put it in the powergrower for the next harvest.

wow sorry to hear that, mine is a closed system and it never gets hot if anything It could be warmer.

A small amount of slime and discolouring will always happen when cloning, aslong as the leafs are green and not droopy keep them going.

You could always use a timer, like 30mins on 30 mins off in a cycle that would help keep temps lower.

wow sorry to hear that, mine is a closed system and it never gets hot if anything It could be warmer.

A small amount of slime and discolouring will always happen when cloning, aslong as the leafs are green and not droopy keep them going.

You could always use a timer, like 30mins on 30 mins off in a cycle that would help keep temps lower.

yea i was thinking i'd use a timer just like you describe. the cuttings will definitely stay moist enough during the off times. in the meantime, i'm going to root some clones the old fashioned way since i wont be cutting any more from these mother plants.

thank you kindly sir, you've solved problems i didn't see coming.
with the building and cloning. :]

im glad i've been of some help! we're all learning, this has definitely been a huge learning process for me

Also driftme you can just recut your clones if there's enough stalk left. (if you haven't thrown them away yet)

yea they were way too short to do that, and the stems went all floppy and dead.

Flowering Day 11

Picture time!

The first is a series of bud shots from the purple kush. Then an overall pic for each plant so you can see their growth. Now that they're starting to have actual buds though, I'm not going to be removing them from the tent anymore. Took 3 cuttings from each plant to clone, and won't be doing any more trimming or LST probably. I guess they could take up more space, but they're pretty packed in my tent as it is heh.

Anyway, here you go. Enjoy!
Purple Kush young budsites:
IMAG028011.jpg
IMAG028111.jpg
IMAG028312.jpg

Purple Kush:
IMAG02847.jpg

Super Silver:
IMAG02856.jpg

theyre going through water like crazy! checked on them today and they were all droopy.. soil was bone dry. i gave them a pretty healthy drink yesterday, they must really be going to town lol. put in a new co2 sheet today and took away another 30min of daylight.

the super silver still doesn't appear to have any calyxes, not really any sign of flowering at all as far as i can tell. weird. the purple kush is filling out nicely, i cant wait to watch it develop =]

plants recovered nicely. they were just really thirsty. my moisture/light/ph meter has simply become a permanent fixture in the purple kush pot, since it drinks more. just gonna leav it in the soil so i can check at a glance how moist it still is down there

pics! first up the super silver. not much to see, this is the most developed bud site. its SLOW...
IMAG028913.jpg

and now the awesome kush lol.. lookin good
IMAG029112.jpg
IMAG029012.jpg
IMAG028714.jpg
IMAG02868.jpg

Back
Top Bottom