LED Pineapple Express Redux

this is frustrating... leakage from the lid!

i tried to fashion my own gasket out of the scrap neoprene from the inserts, but i still have leaks in 2 spots. going to hit up lowes today and see if i can get some sort of weatherstrip that will work.

i'll take some pictures of my actual plants this afternoon. theyre getting huge! =]

ok... i cant get the leaks in this damn thing to go away. got some weatherstrip and applied it.. seemed fine when i tested it. i ran it for 5 minutes with no leaks. cut 5 clones, put them in the machine and turned it on.... leaks within 30 seconds.... back to the drawing board, and with wasted clones (i dont have any rockwool or other medium prepared). so i basically just trimmed my plants lol

IMAG024213.jpg

looks cool, but... no.

here are the plants out of the tent. the super silver is stretched enough that i feel good about doing some more LST. i bent it over after this pic. the other one is ridiculous. BUSH. lol... i wouldnt mind if it stretched a little. although im sure it will when i switch to flower... which I think i'm going to do very soon.

hmm.. i was hoping you could do a poll on here. how much longer do you guys think i should veg? its been 9 weeks since they were sprouts.

IMAG02418.jpg

dude. it makes me SO mad lol... I spent $20 on weatherstripping today and it leaks worse than before! i really like this container though, so i think im going to glue plastic brackets to the inside of the bin, and put a strip of gasket around at that level. gonna cut the lid so it will snugly fit inside the container and rest on the brackets =]

it works in my head. thatll probably wait till monday though, i just ruined some clones today and me and the plants need time to heal lol

i have 1 rooted clone.. hopefully it lives! i think im gonna start flowering tonight. i still have an hour and a half to make up my mind =]

this is frustrating... leakage from the lid!

i tried to fashion my own gasket out of the scrap neoprene from the inserts, but i still have leaks in 2 spots. going to hit up lowes today and see if i can get some sort of weatherstrip that will work.

i'll take some pictures of my actual plants this afternoon. theyre getting huge! =]

Hey driftme there was i member here who had the same problem with leaks and what he did was glue some clear plastic sheeting around the inside to top of lid so it acts like a shower curtain. Hope that makes sense to you. Will try to find the thread with it in.:peace:

curtain_11.jpg

thanks for that pic =] i might try that. although the corners are one of my trouble spots, so ill have to do it better than they did (on the corners)

so, this is day 1 of flowering season. last night i removed the 1 hour of light in their gas lantern schedule, so they got 12-12. good timing to line up with feeding time too. gave them a healthy drink of bloom nute water today.

pics!
IMAG024312.jpg

Super Silver:
This one has really taken off over the past couple weeks.
IMAG024516.jpg

Purple Kush:
Definitely showing the classic indica characteristics here.. squat bushy plant to the max. Nice dark green leaves, big and broad. You can already even see hints of purple in the leaves. SUPER excited to smoke this one. I really hope my clones work because in time i'd like to try crossing this and the silver if they're both as good as I think theyre going to be =] Hmm.. the psychadelic buzz of the super silver with the massive body stone of the kush.. yes please.
IMAG024610.jpg

lookin great

thanks! i'm keeping an eye out every day for the first sign of preflowers.. the super silver was from a feminized seed, but the kush was just bag.. so i'm worried its male!

keep your fingers crossed lol

Got some more pics from today. I removed the LST ties for the super silver, gonna let it relax for a day or so. My CO2 should be coming soon... so i'm excited about that =]

Overall these are looking great. Can't tell sex yet, but we'll see.

Super Silver
IMAG02588.jpg

Purple Kush
IMAG02598.jpg

ITS A GIRL!

(or at least i think it is)

Pretty sure I spotted the first female preflower on the purple kush.. near the new growth on one of the main stalks, it looks like a couple white hairs, definitely different looking than the new leaves when they poke out. SO PUMPED.

The super silver hasn't shown sex yet as far as I can tell, but its feminized so I was less worried about it. I'm a happy camper.

Would take a picture but i can't really get it with my phone. Too small.

ITS A GIRL!

(or at least i think it is)

Pretty sure I spotted the first female preflower on the purple kush.. near the new growth on one of the main stalks, it looks like a couple white hairs, definitely different looking than the new leaves when they poke out. SO PUMPED.

The super silver hasn't shown sex yet as far as I can tell, but its feminized so I was less worried about it. I'm a happy camper.

Would take a picture but i can't really get it with my phone. Too small.

Congrats on the girl. Driftime did you get your cloner fixed?

Thanks guys =] Hopefully I'm right. Although the little hairs are pretty distinctive, so I don't anticipate being wrong.

As for the cloner... nah. I've been so busy with work etc, that I havent gone out to get some material and a way to affix it. Gonna do that today though! I wanna cut some clones before these are too far into flowering.

Back
Top Bottom