G13 Pineapple Express - New Grow

I would venture to say your PH is killing your plants. I would feed them so ph 5.6 water for a few days with no nutes.

Also water how much your watering them they will wilt with too much AND too little. the air pots will help you a bit now.

I've read in a couple of posts that watering with anything in soil below 6.4 will kill off the bacteria/enzymes. Anyone care to comment?

I personally feel that it would be ok for a "one off" watering, as the low watering ph would mix with the existing water in the soil...but I could be wrong.
What puzzles me more, is the fact that, the more I rinsed with 6.5ph clean water, the higher the runoff was. It's now sitting around between 7.00 and 7.8 on the seven plants. Can't figure that one. I could understand if I had used lot of Lime - but it was less than half a tbs per 3 gallon container. Is that too much, perhaps?

ignore the ph comment. another member chimed in on it page 2. I've recently started some soil mothers and I've been watering them ph7.1 tap water, at no point have they yellowed. Run off is 7.4 (just checked).
I think you over feed/watered them at veg (stunting them)and now their underfeed slightly. They look a soooo much better then when the journal began so your doing something right!

It's too late to do anything with the soil now, It's time to weather the storm and learn for the next grow.

IMG_25395.jpg
IMG_25406.jpg
IMG_25416.jpg
IMG_25422.jpg

This is the situation today. Considereng all, i think they look pretty good in the main. Went maybe too easy on the Nitrogen what you think?

Of the 15 cuttings I took, when they were into flower, it looks like I've got 6 go-ers, 1 maybe, and the rest - gone.. didn't make it. The ones that made it, rooted very quickly, around 3 days, as I recall....
Not long to go now. I can't find my x40 magnifier, so I'm making do with the good old magnifier in the Swiss Army Knife...
Now I've got the pics problem under control, I'll be posting more regularly. Next grow will be the clones...

g13week6end.jpg

The leaves are yellowing rapidly now... 7 weeks into flower. not long to go !!

Still feeding half strength noots, but I think I'll just use plain water from now till harvest.

Al the buds look healthy - i think that's the main thing.

Anyone tell me what the purple tinge on the leaves is all about?

ph runoff with them all is 7.2 - 7.5

The water is always corrected to 6.4/6.5 - and I ALWAYS have this problem with the run-off spiralling above 7.00. There's a fair amount of peat in the mix, and this last grow had a sprinkling of Dolomite Lime in it - it's said that Dolomite Lime stablises the ph automatically - but it hasn't worked in this case.

All my grows have had this problem with rising ph. On this last grow, I even repotted, using more peat. So, the current mix is around 2 parts Allmix, Biobizz (soil with added suitable noots), 2 parts peat, and 3 parts perlite.

I've discussed this ph problem on the forum before, but I just can't figure it.

So... there's something going on with those purple tinged leaves... anyone?

On this grow, I'm out of BLOOM ferts, but I'm still feeding Topmax ...

The SToke

The water is always corrected to 6.4/6.5 - and I ALWAYS have this problem with the run-off spiralling above 7.00. There's a fair amount of peat in the mix, and this last grow had a sprinkling of Dolomite Lime in it - it's said that Dolomite Lime stablises the ph automatically - but it hasn't worked in this case.

All my grows have had this problem with rising ph. On this last grow, I even repotted, using more peat. So, the current mix is around 2 parts Allmix, Biobizz (soil with added suitable noots), 2 parts peat, and 3 parts perlite.

I've discussed this ph problem on the forum before, but I just can't figure it.

So... there's something going on with those purple tinged leaves... anyone?

On this grow, I'm out of BLOOM ferts, but I'm still feeding Topmax ...

The SToke

.. . . . Oh okay just making sure. Maybe it could be the particular mix you have in the soil. Have you experienced this with other soils if you have used other soils such as fox farms?

With each grow, apart from the very first, and best grow, I've increased the peat mix, but it seems to have no effect on the ph. Which I don't understand. It always takes off when they start to flower. First grow was Allmix and perlite. I still had the runaway ph tho..the others I killed overfertilizing in various ways.
Fox Farms isn't available here..Allmix Biobizz is the only ready made stuff here. Balanced and fertilized to suit.

I think I might have to go hydroponically next time. Been looking into it a bit, trouble is - I'm away on occasion for 5 days or so...more investigtion required...

Tks, so far..

Whyever pH so high, like 6.4 or 5? 5.8 is ideal, with even a low 5.4 being better than 6.4
Consider timed-release fertilizer like OC+. Osmotic resin engineering does real good work, and all you need do is water. Simple flood in a pan to soak up into is proven to work well. Use cheap/excellent coco coir with or without perlite. Mix a teaspoon of lime(optional) and a tablespoon of OC+ prills into enough coir for each pot, and hose them. City tapwater works good @240 ppm. Millions of world farmers covet my water. Rainwater into and out from a cistern might be best for a home(stead) owner.

Purple streaks sometimes, but not enough to impress. Purplish buds would.
Grown several crops PE, all with no amber trichs that I could find.
All stink deliciously, more desired in my 'hood than truffles.

Propa Gator...In the majority of the articles Iv'e read, the ideal ph for soil is 6.5, giver or take 0.1.
Adding lime - I've tried that, even though it makes no sense to add an alkaline when the ph is high.... Some claim it acts as a buffer... that wasn't my experience.
What is OC+ ? Aaah... just checked - it's a commercial fertilizer.. never heard of it here....I'm just about to post the latest pics... they're nearly ready..

IMG_25515.JPG
IMG_25506.JPG
IMG_25466.JPG

They've managed to deal with the early abuse, and things are looking pretty good.. I think I may have the answer to the rising ph problem...I'll post it in fresh link..

One of them is about ready - a few of the trichs are starting to turn brown at the tips... no sign of any milkiness tho' which seems unusual. It doesn't look like a bumper crop by any means, but it's my best grow in over a year...

I'm only giving them rainwater now, and only giving them 6 hours of light a day. Apparently this encourages and increases the bud size.

4 weeks ago, I took 12 cuttings from the six plants, to try growing from clones. They took a while to return from flowering, but they're making progress now. Very stocky, considering they're under CFL 24/24.
I wound up with 5 good ones, and one hanging on in there....I like to do 6 at a time, so I've got an odd free seed I got, (out of two freebies, one popped.. and is up and running, the other still waiting.. that's about 4-5 days ago, but there's still time..

For my next grow from seed - White Widow, Seedsman.

I'll do another journal on it.

I'll post the final weights and smoke report later...

Am I doing the right thing, giving them only 6 hours light a day? They seem ok, with very little difference.. maybe it takes a bit longer... but I thought I'd read that the last two weeks (or maybe it was days) spent 6/18 was conducive to the buds... Anyone care to put me right here?

ANY advise is welcome!

Am I doing the right thing, giving them only 6 hours light a day? They seem ok, with very little difference.. maybe it takes a bit longer... but I thought I'd read that the last two weeks (or maybe it was days) spent 6/18 was conducive to the buds... Anyone care to put me right here?

ANY advise is welcome!

This would be the every first I ever heard of it

They made it to then end, but the harvest was disappointing. Maybe half an ounce from each plant..Not smoked any yet... but the clones are working (were working well until today - same deal - high runoff of around 7.3. And they're still in veg! ....they've been re-vegging under CFLS for 8 weeks, and they look ok, not great, but ok.

Today, I started flushing.

It takes AGES! it will continue tomorrow. When I got to them today, there was N definciency showing. When I checked the runoff, I started flushing. I'm using ph adjusted rainwater, which is (raw) 7.2 ph or thereabouts.

I had 5 clones, and started a Blue Venom I got free, and it;s racing...!.. And it hasn't been affected by the lack of N.
I'm thinking now might be a good time to change to coco?

Any opinions on this - for the lot of them? They're in Airpots with a mix of Biobiz Allmix, Peat, and Vermiculite. Can't get Perlite easily here...

I've got the coco, the vermiculite, the A+B Canna for Hydro, Rhyzotone... anything else I'll need - anyone?

Looking for good advice here, you guys... just having a nightmare with this rising ph.....in soil.

The SToke

Skyrocket.. cost isn't a problem, but getting hold of the right equipment for Aero/Nft/Dwc is. I've been reading the main Coco thread, (AskEd's Coco grow, located on another site), and it looks like an excellent compromise. As I said, I've got the two part Canna Nutes, A + B, along with Rhyzotone... That would be sufficient for the veg stage which maybe has about another two weeks to develop before I flip to flowering. What supplements/nutrients would I need for the bloom stage?
Anyone?

Deege420. - I'm assuming you mean BUDS, rather than BUGS. Am I correct?

Thanks for your response so far youse guys...

Back
Top Bottom