LED Pineapple Express Redux

i couldnt resist taking another picture. noticed more sparkly today =]

IMAG04096.jpg

i finished up this round of defoliation on the purple kush. i didn't want to do it all at once, so i took mostly leaves yesterday, and smaller branches from the bottom where they'd be shaded by the big buds. today i took a couple larger branches off that i don't want the plant to waste energy on. so it should now be focused on the four main stalks, and one or two smaller ones. they each are getting plenty of light all over.

thanks for the support guys! it means a lot, especially since this is my first (not failed) grow =] i really cant wait to try it. definitely going to be gradually going to a more perpetual style though. big plants are cool but consistent harvests are nice too

accidentally posted this on the wrong thread earlier:
wow. something happened in the aero cloner lol. yesterday everything seemed fine. today, the water is a dark gray sludge (cant see through) and smells FOUL. emergency soaking some jiffy pots to get these clones transferred on my lunch break. must order airpots later today =]

hoping these clones arent diseased or something now

anyway, yea... got them all put in jiffy. hope they root. and i hope the rooted ones survive. couldnt think of a good way to get those in jiffy pots so i split some rockwool cubes open and put them in there. /shrug i didnt expect to have to have medium prepared lol.

lol thanks. received shipping confirmation on the dozen airpots i ordered, so hopefully shortly after those arrive, my clones will all be rooted and i can get them in their permanent homes. well.. one or two of the clones are going to become mother plants and will probably end up in bigger pots.

mixed up some soil in anticipation of the pots. its about half perlite and half organic soil. its nice and fluffy =] should be perfect for the airpots.

I have my new bonsai mother family in air pots, I would reduce the amount of perlite. My pots dry out very fast with the same sort of mix (50%soil/50%perlite) and next time I will be using no more then 25% perlite, the pots let so much air around the soil it drys faster then you expect.

Mine are tiny bonsai style mothers under a few flo's in a high humidity/low temp veg/mother room. So far I have 5 mothers-to-be in 3l airpots, 2 seedlings, 2 clones and 1 mature seedling. The mature seedling I water everyday since it's been warm, the clones/seedlings are a lot smaller and need watering every other day, but I think a decent size plant would need feeding twice a day in airpots with 50% or more perlite, could be worst if your grow area is hot/dry.

Make me irritated.

In my case, that's the answer to the question, "What can brown do for you?"

Tracking information for my pots that were shipped monday wasnt available til today, and it said it would be delivered today. Now it says by end of day tomorrow. oh well

there worth the wait! :high-five: you won't be disappointed compared to standard pots when you see the plants explode.

i'm so excited to see the difference they make. i REALLY hope all the clones i've cut root successfully. its kinda late in the game to try and get more, ive heard its doable but takes longer for them to root and not as successful.

would there be any disadvantage to putting the jiffy pots with teh clones right in the airpots with soil? as long as i can keep the jiffy pots wet, it seems like a non-issue. although i would like to know when they breach the jiffy.

by the way, ups still isnt here. their normal delivery hours have an hour to go. :straightface:

they came =] i kinda wanna just get it all set up. i would like to see when the roots start really coming out too, but itll also be easier to just consolidate stuff. i'm going to transplant the super silver i have in the powergrower right now.. i'm really just not feeling the hydro thing. soil seems to be my niche for now =] hoping the plant appreciates it.

ya, somehow they always look happier in soil =D

i'm sure they'll root, its only been a week or so. the ones that did before took about 2 weeks to show through the jiffy pots. will start the journal later or tomorrow. way too busy working right now, but i did need a small break lol

Back
Top Bottom