Perpetual Transition - Indoor - Soil - LED - CO2 - Airpots

driftme

Hello Everyone. Second grow here (first is still in flower). I've dabbled in soiless mediums, but soil works the best for me and my plants =]

Most of the goal of this build is going to be to transition to a perpetual system. I like having big plants, but I'd like to have a more regular harvest. I'd like to be harvesting every two weeks. Anyway, not in a typing mood so I'll get to details.

Medium: 50%soil, 50% perlite
Container: 3 liter Airpots
Lighting: Fluorescent grow lights (veg), led ufo (flower). soon i'll be upgrading the flower room to a diamond series advanced led, and move the ufo to the veg to boost the cfls.
Nutes: GO BioRoot and GH Flora Series
CO2 provided by GreenPads
Strains: Purple Kush and Super Silver

The flowering room currently has the original mother plants.. flowering =] The clones still haven't rooted yet (except for one of the super silvers that rooted a couple weeks ago.. its a little older but not counting its age because it wasn't taking to the hydro too well. considering soil a restart.)

Here's a picture as they sit today.. and probably how they will look for a while, until they root!

IMAG04269.jpg

and i might as well show a pic of the current flowering state of the kush (well, no this pic is a few days old)..
IMAG04096.jpg

(check out the journal that started it all!)

hope you guys enjoy this grow, i know im really excited about it!

Re: Perpetual Transition: indoor-soil-led-co2-airpots

ooo airpots
not a soil guy but you know me i love to watch a good grow im subbed

ill pull up a chair im sure it will be fun to watch:bravo:

the plants seem to be ok in the airpots, its probably no change for them. the one i pulled out of the powergrower isnt wilting or anything, so thats a good sign.

i also started some pepper seeds.. cayenne and jalapeno. using airpots as well =]

alright so.... pictures!

and a bit of a status update on the clones. the one that i transplanted from the hydro setup recovered and has finally started exploding with new growth in the last couple days. it seemed to be dormant for a while after the transplant, but seems just fine now. two of the other super silver clones just started showing new growth today as well! the purple kush clones haven't fared so well. the two that i had successfully rooted got killed when that aero system went sour suddenly. the others.. well... the picture below is the most promising kush clone yet... its definitely not rooted yet, but its still hanging on. hoping it takes hold at some point. otherwise this grow will be all super silver.
IMAG04666.jpg

here's the transplanted super silver yesterday when i noticed it was really starting to grow:
IMAG04598.jpg

and here it is today (so much growth):
IMAG04657.jpg

here are the other super silver clones that are poking out new leaves =]
IMAG04698.jpg
IMAG046810.jpg

anyway, my original plan was to try and work towards a perpetual grow with frequent small harvests, but that was planning more for the kush, with its squat nature and quick flower period. the super silver takes much longer and wants to grow tall and lanky. not really ideal. so... if i'll be working with three super silver plants, i'm thinking this calls for a scrog setup. after observing the way the super silver grew before i killed it last time, it seemed to me like a perfect plant for it.

what do you guys think? scrog it up?

Looks like a cool journal... I can't keep track of them all now! :cheesygrinsmiley: I hope to keep up

Looks like a cool journal... I can't keep track of them all now! :cheesygrinsmiley: I hope to keep up

Thanks! Good to have you, hopefully I won't disappoint =]

Fimmed the big super silver this morning. Its growing like crazy! I hope the other two SS clones grow as fast. They're definitely getting ready to, i can almost watch the first set of leaves come out.

Picking up chicken wire and wood for a frame after work today. Going to scrog these three super silvers.

going to build the frame tomorrow morning. the clones are sprouting a bunch of leaves, looking good. the oldest is now a legit plant, and progressing nicely. my first set of clones is definitely going to come from this one at this rate.

will take pictures after building the frame!

haha sure you can.

finishing up some work i didnt get done last night, but then i'm heading to the store to pick up the rest of the parts i need to build my scrog/watering system. i'm gonna build the watering system right into the scrog frame, so i dont have to deal with difficult watering. a ring with holes around each plant's base, and a hose coming up to a funnel mounted on the scrog frame. easy =]

haha sure you can.

finishing up some work i didnt get done last night, but then i'm heading to the store to pick up the rest of the parts i need to build my scrog/watering system. i'm gonna build the watering system right into the scrog frame, so i dont have to deal with difficult watering. a ring with holes around each plant's base, and a hose coming up to a funnel mounted on the scrog frame. easy =]

You just have to post pictures of that if you can. I think it would help many folks. Thanks!:bravo:

here are some pictures of the scrog screen. i totally spaced at the hardware store and forgot to buy the tubing for the watering system. going to go do that today.

enjoy!

a couple views of the scrog screen. used nylon coated braided clothesline, sag-resistant, and it kind of grips to itself. should be easy for positioning.
IMAG04747.jpg
IMAG04755.jpg

the biggest plant of the three.
IMAG04764.jpg

one of the smaller clones, they're definitely taking off though.
IMAG04777.jpg

a pepper plant! i'm going to keep them in here until the mj starts really taking over the scrog screen and blocking their light. then its outside. (im kinda competing with a friend, i'm interested to see how the airpot and nutrient regimen help it!)
IMAG04784.jpg

oh by the way... i'm noticing the exact same leaf-tip burn i had at the start of my last grow. still perplexed.

Hey driftme. Very nice set up....you should do well.

When I see just the tips of the leaves burnt.........I think my nutes are perfect. Many others have the same opinion too! If it gets worse, then worry. Cool pepper plant.

I think your on your way to a good grow!.
:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom