Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

You can still add nudes and keep it completely natural. Look into things like compost tea and kelp and natural fertilizers. Hell, I've used my own piss as a fertilizer many times in the past. You can't get more natural than that.

White clover for ground cover. Half pound of worms... You don't need to make teas... You can top dress Barley and Kelp and Bokashi etc.... that is natural I also use Aloe Vera

Looking to buy a new grow light would this work. Or could someone send me a link to a decent one that a reasonable price.
420-magazine-mobile1340820647.jpg

Hi everyone. I'm​ soaking some fast buds GG auto and GSC auto seeds. I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with these. My question is how tolerant are they to nutes. I'm in soil with led lights. Thanks for any advice

You need to give us more info, such as your grow space dimensions and make & model of that LED panel you posted.

The one I posted doesn't have a specific make and model posting ,it says everything that's in the picture I posted. And I have a fair size grow space but I just want a grow light that would do justice to maybe 3-4 plants.

I wonder if I let the peat dry out toooooo much and now have dry patches within the pot. Would a wetting agent remove those areas that may be hydrophobic? Is this a root issue? So many questions so little time.... :hmmmm:

The one I posted doesn't have a specific make and model posting ,it says everything that's in the picture I posted. And I have a fair size grow space but I just want a grow light that would do justice to maybe 3-4 plants.

Well, if you have no more info on that LED panel, I wouldn't buy it as each manufacturer is different. For example, I have 2 different "450" Watt Led panels and one draws 255 true watts from the wall while the other 200. One has 150 nominal 3 watt diodes whereas the other has 90 nominal 5 watt diodes. One should be kept about 18 inches above the flowering canopy whilst the other can be kept at 15 inches or less and one has a core coverage of 3 ft x 2.5 ft and the other 2.5 ft x 2.5 ft and so it goes on.

Unless you give specific dimensions for your grow space and how you wish to grow your plants - sog, scrog, no training, lst etc, there is no one answer for you. You may just as well ask how long is a piece of string?

I wonder if I let the peat dry out toooooo much and now have dry patches within the pot. Would a wetting agent remove those areas that may be hydrophobic? Is this a root issue? So many questions so little time.... :hmmmm:

How old are your plants? Is it too late to transplant? If you're going to use peat moss, I would recommend mixing it with either coir or compost.

Well, if you have no more info on that LED panel, I wouldn't buy it as each manufacturer is different. For example, I have 2 different "450" Watt Led panels and one draws 255 true watts from the wall while the other 200. One has 150 nominal 3 watt diodes whereas the other has 90 nominal 5 watt diodes. One should be kept about 18 inches above the flowering canopy whilst the other can be kept at 15 inches or less and one has a core coverage of 3 ft x 2.5 ft and the other 2.5 ft x 2.5 ft and so it goes on.

Unless you give specific dimensions for your grow space and how you wish to grow your plants - sog, scrog, no training, lst etc, there is no one answer for you. You may just as well ask how long is a piece of string?

Well I'm new to growing. So some of the terminology i don't know. Especially when it comes to lights. I'm just looking for like a starter light that would be beneficial to my first grow or two until I get all the basics down. Then I could move up to another light as I increase in plants. But for now I just want a light that could get the job done from seed to harvest. That would produce enough light for like 3 plants. But that wouldn't break the bank to buy.

Well I'm new to growing. So some of the terminology i don't know. Especially when it comes to lights. I'm just looking for like a starter light that would be beneficial to my first grow or two until I get all the basics down. Then I could move up to another light as I increase in plants. But for now I just want a light that could get the job done from seed to harvest. That would produce enough light for like 3 plants. But that wouldn't break the bank to buy.

Fair enough, I can appreciate that you are new to all this and are unfamiliar with almost everything, so I would suggest you spend a lot of time reading as much as you can, including different journals, before you jump into growing with your eyes shut tight. To look after your plants and get a good result, there are some things you really do need to know first such as what PH is and the optimum range for the different growing media. It would also be very useful to read up on lighting and the loss over distance. For example, if you have a large growing area and want to grow some plants in the middle, unless you have reflective surfaces you are going to waste a lot of your light's energy. Fortunately, this is a great community with a lot of very knowledgeable people who are more than happy to share their knowledge.

I can understand that you are eager to start growing, but you really have to learn to crawl before you can run. Patience is indeed a virtue and essential for a successful grow.

Well, that's a good start. What medium are they growing in?

You haven't given much info about your grow space, but I get the idea that it's a room. If that is the case, then a tent might be a good option. That way you have something from where to hang your lights and the walls are reflective thus maximising the use of your lights. If you only want to grow a few plants then a 3 ft x 3ft tent would be ideal and something like a 450 watt LED panel would suffice. Mars are sponsors on this site so you could look into what they have to offer and even get a good deal from Sarah (she is their rep on this site and would only be too glad to help out).

If you click on the sponsors tab on the top right hand side of the page, you'll see that there are many grow light sponsors there, Have a look what they have to offer.

You haven't given much info about your grow space, but I get the idea that it's a room. If that is the case, then a tent might be a good option. That way you have something from where to hang your lights and the walls are reflective thus maximising the use of your lights. If you only want to grow a few plants then a 3 ft x 3ft tent would be ideal and something like a 450 watt LED panel would suffice. Mars are sponsors on this site so you could look into what they have to offer and even get a good deal from Sarah (she is their rep on this site and would only be too glad to help out).

If you click on the sponsors tab on the top right hand side of the page, you'll see that there are many grow light sponsors there, Have a look what they have to offer.

Thanks and I'm using some family dollar brand that's free of nutes. So I water with flower power nutes every 2 days maybe 3 if the soil takes a little longer to dry. I plan on doing a lot better with my soil and lighting on the next go round. As with this one I just kinda jumped at the opportunity and now I'm just trying to make the best of a bad situation. And use it to learn from while still trying to make it to harvest

And yes my grow space is in my master bedroom walk in closet. So I have fair space but I don't want a giant lamp that cost a lot and that would do justice to 8plus plants. Just looking for something minor that would work for maybe 3 that could get the job done

I have no idea what flower power nutes are, but are you familiar with NPK and the different proportions needed for different stages of growth? Also, don't feed every time you water, maybe every third time just give plain water and make sure the ph is between 6 and 7.

How old are your plants? Is it too late to transplant? If you're going to use peat moss, I would recommend mixing it with either coir or compost.

They are about 33 days old. I don't know if transplanting is an option? Is it? Im not a huge fan of the peat it seems to take to long to dry out. I'm basing my watering schedule on when the pot feels super lite. It seems like it takes a long time for them to dry and requires a lot of water to get any drain out. If the problem is overwatering would they not have bounced back by now?
Thanks all who helped out I honestly do appreciate the help.

Back
Top Bottom