Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

seedbanks will always mention the highest thc and cbd ever measured and the shortest flowertimers and they can be used for all medical purposes etc etc

its all in the choice of words ...

they can grow up to 100 cm
they can yield alot
they can get +20% thc

however ...

they can also get 20cm
yield 5g of airy buds
with 5% thc that tastes like shit

genetics do help but will only get you so far ...

Now you see why I asked?....one of the reasons I was hesitant for autos. Heard they can vary some...potency and yield. Found the C-99 wasn't disappointing. I had both the Pineapple and Grapefruit, but now only the Grapefruit from FMS.

I just learned something new...10 to 15% should be acceptable. Before I pretty much only looked for above 20...guess I'll have to go over the offerings again...cause some of the under 20's looked nice too.

also....May as well say it...what I really want is Cola Monster's Jade Dragon!
:)

But I know that's just a fantasy.

Thanks...you guys sure have helped an ignorant man!

my first auto was Blue Dream ... im still smoking on it ... it became 75-80cm high ... yielded 85g! (yes ... 1 plant, 3oz) and i can assure you ... this plant is more potent then alot of street ganja ... it can easely put me out ... Humboldt seeds advertise 13% THC on their website so i am confident my weed is not that high ... and still it gets me baked ... 20% would knock me out on the spot i guess

I might be as bold to say that 30% of cannabis quality is genetics the rest is the grower ... as in ... YOU!

my first auto was Blue Dream ... im still smoking on it ... it became 75-80cm high ... yielded 85g! (yes ... 1 plant, 3oz) and i can assure you ... this plant is more potent then alot of street ganja ... it can easely put me out ... Humboldt seeds advertise 13% THC on their website so i am confident my weed is not that high ... and still it gets me baked ... 20% would knock me out on the spot i guess

I might be as bold to say that 30% of cannabis quality is genetics the rest is the grower ... as in ... YOU!

Hey Pterostychus...appreciate that. I had smoked Blue Dream once and read praises of it, but the guy who grew it was all about pumping out the weight and often didn't even allow them to mature and make resin. So I'm sure it is much better than he grew. Will add Blue Dream to the limited list. Right now it's Green Crack and Fruit Punch, but Blue Dream may be added to the purchase as well. I can afford 3 seeds (very poor) and Herbie's gives 3 freebies...that gives me 6 seeds. With my Grapefruit Cindy...that ought to give a pretty decent production. Thanks for that thc ratings info...it helps quite a bit*

here are 2 nl autos both popped on the same day 28 and topped the same day they dont look alike at all
grow_1422.jpg
grow_1411.jpg

Is that the normal size for PE Auto? was considering it. What yield would you expect and how many days is it there? they look nice*

Honestly I'm not sure. I've read they're small plants but I've seen monsters. She went in the medium on 3/19. Probably has a month left. I topped her and she seemed to recover quickly - new nodes started growing as soon as 3 days later - but shortly thereafter she stopped stretching and went to bloom.

This is only my third grow, so 100% of this is user error, but my first grow, I had two plants that gave me close to 90 grams. Second grow I had double potted my plants, growing 4 total, but the stress from topping them combined with serious windburn left then dwarfed, yielding probably an ounce all together. The pineapple and the ww were raised under the same conditions, same nute line, same tlc, but one is seriously outgrowing the other. WW is from cks. Pineapple is thru gyo from barneys.

The PE has another month more flowering? It looks pretty chunky already. Another 4 weeks and it ought to be whopper buds....if they are that size with a month to go? At least to my inexperienced eye, but I'm pretty ignorant and maybe that is normal for PE. The WW looks like it will yield quite a bit. Both are nice plants. Making me consider Pineapple Express also. Thanks for the pix.

Got my order. It took 8 days! GYO did a much better job than 420. I still have 15 White Widow autofem beans, 10 Gold Leaf*** fems, and more bag seeds than I can count.

ORDER
Bean_Queens.jpg

What I received.
IMAG0233_1_.jpg

derp.jpg

Cheeky Monkeys... They even randomly chose my phone model.

I opened the new "Cell Phone Accessory", and I was very much not disappointed.
They even selected a +1 package of the Dark Devil autos! Fucking aye, that's like a 12$ freebie I wasn't expecting.
Presuming the loss doesn't exceed 15% I will be shopping there again.
Side note, the DDA has a date on the back. Cosecha del 08 ene 2017= 08 Jan 2017 harvest.

The PE has another month more flowering? It looks pretty chunky already. Another 4 weeks and it ought to be whopper buds....if they are that size with a month to go? At least to my inexperienced eye, but I'm pretty ignorant and maybe that is normal for PE. The WW looks like it will yield quite a bit. Both are nice plants. Making me consider Pineapple Express also. Thanks for the pix.

If I had to guess, somewhere around there. Zero amber right now there's still a majority clear. I just started feeding it overdrive the last two feedings, so hopefully it still has some fattening in the works. My first time with PE too and smelling it, very obvious whee the name comes from. Smells so amazing

WW just stopped stretching about a week ago, so hopefully she reallllly fattens up. Biggest plant I've grown yet, so I'm excited to see what I can pull from here. Thanks .

Hey...thanks for that info. Looks like the PE will likely be on the get list...nice to know it has the pineapple smell to it. I like pineapple. Had the C-99 pineapple...it was pineapple alright, but like over-ripe pineapple and a decomposing meat smell..really funky smelling to me. Thanks for the info...will check back on the progress of the PE...I haven't ordered yet...so it will help illustrate what to expect.

I think it's time we put all the speculation and myths about autoflower to rest. With this thread I'd like to have everyone's ideas and strategies for growing amazing autoflower cannabis plants. Although I'd love to administer this thread myself, the more people that can contribute the better. There are countless growers out there doing their thing, this is a place to share your wares... Come join the discussion and show the world that autoflowering plants are here to stay and here to impress the heck out of the masses of growers who say it's not possible.
With that said I leave this thread open for anyone who has questions, comments or just good Ole 420 banter. Hope to see you all here, keep up the great work 420ers, always great to see you all making the best of best autos in the world.

Here's a taste of what's possible..
20160510_2006553.jpg

20160510_1444222.jpg

KiG Everyone :green_heart:Cheers

Honestly this pic has changed my mind on autoflowers!! Lol even though I probably won't switch anytime soon.

Do autos respond better with topping or only LST? Or both? If topping...when is the best time for it? If LST...do you start the bends how early? Does heavy LST stress the plants and can cause problems? I bend and pretty much tie down perpendicular with the container. Is that too heavy them? Something more gentle...say, 45 degrees?

Do autos respond better with topping or only LST? Or both? If topping...when is the best time for it? If LST...do you start the bends how early? Does heavy LST stress the plants and can cause problems? I bend and pretty much tie down perpendicular with the container. Is that too heavy them? Something more gentle...say, 45 degrees?

From what I have read on here, it varies between strains. Early around 14 days. I had 3 white widow autos, I did nothing with one. I topped and LST another(Harvested Thursday) which seemed to mature early. The last I only did LST, it has had the best results. I did two 45 degree bends on those.

I have two more WWA that are just over 3 weeks old. I did LST at 90 degrees to both of them and they love it. To be clear that was one bend, perpendicular to the pot. I may top autos again in the future, maybe not. I will have to wait on the finally weight tally before I decide.
Trading one dense party hat sized cola, for two magnum sharpies doesn't seem logical.

From what I have read on here, it varies between strains. Early around 14 days. I had 3 white widow autos, I did nothing with one. I topped and LST another(Harvested Thursday) which seemed to mature early. The last I only did LST, it has had the best results. I did two 45 degree bends on those.

I have two more WWA that are just over 3 weeks old. I did LST at 90 degrees to both of them and they love it. To be clear that was one bend, perpendicular to the pot. I may top autos again in the future, maybe not. I will have to wait on the finally weight tally before I decide.
Trading one dense party hat sized cola, for two magnum sharpies doesn't seem logical.

Thanks for that info. Especially the 90 degree thing. That is how I LST also.
:thumb:

People will swear that all autos can be topped, and in the right hands, they probably can. My experience so far has shown mixed results, but I'm a green greenthumb.

Currently growing my third batch, totaling 8 plants. First grow I topped one and left the other to grow. The topped trainwreck out produced the other, roughly 60 grams to 30. Second batch I double potted trainwrecks and the dwarfed on me after I topped them, but at the same time the had terrible windburn. Produced about an ounce all and all, which made some pretty nice bho lol. Now I'm on my third and I topped both a Pineapple Express and a ww. The pineapple is fairly small, maybe I'll get an ounce or so. The ww is a beast, but I feel like I could've produced the same size, if not bigger had I only hit her with some LST. My next grow I'm just going to hit with LsT.

420-magazine-mobile836779149.jpg

So much happens so fast, a couple days can make or break an auto. Seems like topping the plant only makes that window more severe. Until I really learn a certain strain, or turn into a master, I think I'm going to stick with LST.

Back
Top Bottom