Autoflower guidance

andy299

hi guys im starting my autoflowers next week ive just ordered some blue anesia autos

my questions are

whats the best soil to use, my aim was going to be canna professional but ive been advised against it?

also regarding nutrients I plan to give water for the first 2 weeks then rhizotonic. until flowering. do I need any other nutrients if I use this soil? for example a&b or terra veg is what I would use if so

any other guidance would be appreciated as a first time grower

based in uk attic grow not using tent

600watt hps

:welcome: to the forum.

I use 70% coco / 30% perlite in a drain-to-waste system with Mega Crop for nutrients. The disadvantage is that I need to water three times daily in flower. I have an automatic watering system to take care of this for me. The advantage is that this combination makes growing very easy.

@Old Salt I don't know if you have looked into it or not but if you haven't I would say look into hempy style . In my test run with this style I filled the lower 1 1/2" - 2" with hydroton with the same mix as you described and kept her in a tub ...long story short is the growth rate was phenomenal and watering ..lets just say you need to make another excuse to look at your babies aside from watering ..its pretty painless and way way less time consuming .

I've looked at Bluter's hempy grow. It has it's own challenges.

I'm working on an update for my automatic watering system. This one will have a filter, 35PSI RV pump, accumulator, and solenoid valve, along with a 60l tank. I'm also going to fixed volume drippers. Later I'll add a run off pump, and a better controller, something that will measure the run off and automatically re-compute the water requirements.

I've looked at Bluter's hempy grow. It has it's own challenges.

I'm working on an update for my automatic watering system. This one will have a filter, 35PSI RV pump, accumulator, and solenoid valve, along with a 60l tank. I'm also going to fixed volume drippers. Later I'll add a run off pump, and a better controller, something that will measure the run off and automatically re-compute the water requirements.
Mine was pretty simple and originally had put in a pump and watering ring that I was going to have on a titan timer ...long story short autowatering was never implemented . The plant was in a 7.5 gallon pot and set in a ummm 15 gallon container and I would water once with 5 gallons of nute solution(ppm never over 550) and that was perfect for getting the solution to the highest level of my hydroton and due to life kicking may ass I came to find out that she was good for 10 days ! without doing anything ..this plant was truly (yes im ashamed) neglected the whole grow and she gave me almost 5oz. Just food for thought . Whne i have the time i will do a write up un this neglect grow in the coco section .
IMG_6504.JPG

side not and I feel its IMPORTANT that I add it ...in this test I used azos and mycos for the first time and I truly recommend them to anyone in coco as it could have been what made the difference .

Back
Top Bottom