Autoflower Myth Busting Thread

Cheers guys :) The Plant Magic nutes I used make big claims on flavour so here's hoping it's a wee treat of a smoke ;)

And since I've only used about quarter of the bottle I should start thinking about popping more seeds so I can use the rest of it and see if I can do a proper job of growing in soil.

Then again, my hydro autos are filling out fast so I might not have room for a good few weeks yet....
mix0612-1.jpg

Day 33 for those ones.....contemplating switching to bloom nutes:morenutes:

So am I right in thinking... obv autos have their own lifeline..but you can veg then a bit longer if feed veg nutes longer ?and vice versa flower them earlier if introduce flower nutes earlier.?
I'm on day 71 of a 55-70 day strain. I have at least another 2 weeks to go minimum id say...i stopped feeding veg nutes around week 6 ish from seed started flower nutes after preflowers around week 5.. first couple feeds were a mix of both and transitioning from veg to flower nutes...

I'm growing some autos now in Doc Buds kit and they are, some have vegged much longer then the same strains I've run before in other mediums. Even, when I've only feed water and tea only, those other same strains started flowering pretty much on schedule. Which is really messing me up now that I'm using doc's kit. I have a THC bomb, almost two months old that is pre flowering that's in a seven gallon plastic. I've harvested that same strain before in less than three months. I ran out of soil and have another in a three g softy, and it's not even close to flowering. I have the same thing going on with a candy kush auto... It vegged much longer then when I've run it before,, I'm just amazed at doc's kit. It's based on foilars and feeding the soil,, not necessarily feeding the plant at a particular time of its life. Just feed the soil and let the plant do it's thing. I think that's a big part of why I'm seeing this extended veg. I'm running my LED's full power so it's not like they aren't getting the correct light....

Truly amazing

are u using bigger pots this time by any chance??;)

Yes and no. I'm not sure if I've used a seven smartie,, I've used seven plastic. But, even the one I have in three gallon smartie, two actually, vegged longer then before.

maybe the chnge of pots bigger space bigger roots may prolong veg a little.but as u say veg feed will stall an auto slighty flippin into flower. and same if hit with flower nutes early will indeed flip abit quicker.;)

maybe the chnge of pots bigger space bigger roots may prolong veg a little.but as u say veg feed will stall an auto slighty flippin into flower. and same if hit with flower nutes early will indeed flip abit quicker.;)

How about going to a smaller pot? Like down to a three, less space, still vegging. I have one in a seven, ten days ahead, still vegging. My candy kush, vegged for two months in a seven. I've grown that in, three mediums, and now Doc's. Fox farm, my super soil, and coast of Maine -- all three of those started flowering in six weeks, some earlier.

Too many variables, I know. But, I'll say this having grown doc's with photos like I have nine going now, or the seven autos I have. It's the best there is. I'm not working for him, I'm just saying. I know commercial guys that only use doc's now. Fact is, I don't know nobody who's tried that doesn't. Sorry guys for the man love, it's really plant love. Anything I've grown,, there's a difference.

Well guys this is one myth we can't deny.... the only constant with auto's right now .... is inconsistency lol..... done right your still good but even the chance of 2 of the same strain beans from the same plant in the same environment and nutes will more than likely turn out different.... just how it is and why most commercial guys stay away

I agree with that,, autos for me fill a void. The void is I have space, and had beans, while I veg sine photos. After this run of autos,, I'm done for a while. Just because,, I know what I can get with my photos, clones, , I might,, get a beast here and there with my autos,, but, it's much more predictable with the right strain of photo that's dialed in. Still autos are fun and I'm not knocking them, anyone who's tried what I've grown has liked, really liked some, and sixty - seventy days from seed is cool.

Ey yall! Have a question for you! I'll be growing for first time so i was wondering should i go with the old school pots, air pots or smart pots? Yield is important for me

SM-A500F cihazımdan 420 kullanılarak gönderildi

So off the auto Dark Devil by Sweet Seed, I ended up getting dry weight 4oz 6 grams, or 118 grams total. I will post the dry weight shot when the video is done. This video was shot some days ago. She finished at 83 days old.

She was grown in pure rockwool, feed three times daily by drip feed, run to waist.

[video=youtube;qzstn__Ewrg]
tfg[/video]

Darn, I didn't upload this video fast enough, so I have to post a new post, sorry.

This video shows the dry weight of the Auto Dark Devil on a scale, plus it shows how pretty it is close up with good lighting on it. Super pretty, frosty, nice orange hairs. Purple and some green. Looks all tropical.

[video=youtube;u-gjuW8Iv7k]
i[/video]

Hopefully, we are starting to convince people of how awesome autos are.

I think I might have broken a yield record with auto Dark Devil. Now someone has to beat it to motivate me to push her farther.

Darn, I didn't upload this video fast enough, so I have to post a new post, sorry.

This video shows the dry weight of the Auto Dark Devil on a scale, plus it shows how pretty it is close up with good lighting on it. Super pretty, frosty, nice orange hairs. Purple and some green. Looks all tropical.

[video=youtube;u-gjuW8Iv7k]
i[/video]

Hopefully, we are starting to convince people of how awesome autos are.

I think I might have broken a yield record with auto Dark Devil. Now someone has to beat it to motivate me to push her farther.

Great job bro Def the biggest DD I have seen.. ..... (but I hear rifleman buckets bubbling in the background )

Ok fellow growers I wanted to share some info with ya on calcium and magnesium and the def that go along with them ESPECIALLY under LED and how they present themselves...

: Calcium (Ca) and magnesium (Mg) are two different elements required for plant nutrition. One, Ca, is immobile. That means it cannot be translocated (moved) through plant tissues. The other, Mg, is highly mobile in plant tissues.-

Understanding this is important on a few levels, including making a proper diagnosis. Because Ca is immobile a deficiency will only occur on the upper, or newer growth. Because Mg is so mobile deficiencies occur on the older, or lower growth.

Their appearances and effects are also very different, and while both elements play together and are required by the plant, they cannot be lumped together as a single deficiency. You can experience-both-a Ca--and-a Mg-, but they are not one and the same thing, not at all.

But that being said if you have one with LED the other will probably be soon behind... this is why 9\10 products are cal/mag suppliments together wich is why you will so often see folks say (including myself) "hey bro you have a cal/mag def"

These are beginning to show on my current Himalaya Orange diesel and this is her...

Upper Ca...
20151208_102116-1.jpg

Lower and mid Mag..
20151208_103624-1.jpg

Notice they both appear as rust spots but see with the Ca the leaves are a bit lighter green.

Here is the def chart we see so often but notice the mistake.. it says they are both mobile elements... but hey does it really matter? Grab yourself a cal/mag suppliments if you grow LED (even hps ) chances are you'll need it someday
downloadfile3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom