Auto's not flowering

quietsvn

I am having an issue getting my auto's to go into flowering.

This isn't my first grow but my first using Seedmans seeds. One plant is Somango and the other is Shaman. I have never grown these strains either.

Plant Details:
  • They are around 11 weeks old.
  • They are on Fox Farms Trio nutes and were doing
  • Nutes/ PH Water / Dry out day watering schedule
  • 20/4 while in Veg
  • Coco Coir / Perlite mix.

I switched them 8 days ago to a 12/12 and there is nothing going on.

Here are some photos of the two plants. I am unsure as to what to do with them as I am running out of tent space. Any help would be great I am really stumped with these plants.

June 30 2015
IMG_80794.JPG

Sept 17, 2015
IMG_5306.jpeg

October 12, 2015
IMG_90351.JPG

IMG_90371.JPG

IMG_90362.JPG

IMG_9039.JPG

IMG_90401.JPG

IMG_9041.JPG

my experience with auto flower ....a few weeks in to the short veg cycle the calyx start producing pistils i dont see that on your plants. at about 12 weeks i am harvesting the photo from 09/17 should have buds on it by now you should be harvesting an auto by now july.aug ..sep, oct. 14th......you sure it is an auto -flower? ...from your pics i do not see signs of sex....remember, even though it is auto flower does not mean it is going to be female . unless it is feminized.... good luck

I don't think seedsman makes an auto Shaman, just a feminized version. And they have both an auto version and a photo version of the Somango. Are you sure you got the autoflowering version? I have never grown autos myself, but I doubt either of them is an autoflower just because of how tall they are without blooming yet. I've done alot of research on auto strains and the tallest ones are generally ready for harvest at around 4 feet tall and the latest blooming ones seem to go 12-13 weeks max.

EDIT: If they are photoperiod plants, then I would take an army of clones off of them after identifying them as female, chop off the top 1/3-1/2 of the plant, transplant to 5-8 gallon pots, wait a week to 10 days, and then flip the lights to 12-12 and start blooming those beauties!

I don't think seedsman makes an auto Shaman, just a feminized version. And they have both an auto version and a photo version of the Somango. Are you sure you got the autoflowering version? I have never grown autos myself, but I doubt either of them is an autoflower just because of how tall they are without blooming yet. I've done alot of research on auto strains and the tallest ones are generally ready for harvest at around 4 feet tall and the latest blooming ones seem to go 12-13 weeks max.

EDIT: If they are photoperiod plants, then I would take an army of clones off of them after identifying them as female, chop off the top 1/3-1/2 of the plant, transplant to 5-8 gallon pots, wait a week to 10 days, and then flip the lights to 12-12 and start blooming those beauties!

Ya its really odd that they are that tall. I have a 60" cabinet and have grown autos before and a Berry Ryder was the tallest at around 48" with plenty of room to spare.

I checked the bag that the seeds came in and both are female. I can confirm and see the pistils at the nodes so both are female.

Im starting to think that they aren't what they say they are... auto's or strain. Then again I never ordered from Seedsman before.

So you're saying top them at 1/2 and do 12/12?

I'm really interested to see what the buds look like - maybe I can figure out what strain they are. This is such a strange grow that I had to post.

I think they must be feminized photoperiod plants. They will need to have 12 hours of darkness every day in order to bloom if that's the case. The only reason I would say to top them down that much is because it doesn't look like you will be able to manage that size of plant in that space, even if you tried to tie it down or super crop. And those plants must be root bound by now, so maybe consider a transplant of both of them into bigger pots. Looks like maybe 3 gallon pots right now. If I'm right about that, than 5-8 gallon pots should be fine for another 10 weeks or so.

I think they are too. Might be mislabled. Im pretty meticulous with my schedules. I have a nice google spreadsheet for water / grow schedules.

You are right - the pots they are in are 3gallon since I thought they were auto's and my previous experience they handle that size nicely.

So what I did is lined a spare closet with mylar and tossed them in there with a fan and 3 CFL's. The door is closed off by a light blocking curtains and the dark schedule starts at nighttime here.

They are getting lighter on the bud sites - which is a good sign.

IMG_90482.JPG

i agree with iwltfum, they are fem not auto.......they have been in a very long "veg state" 3 months give or take.....get them under a 12/12 cycle !!:420:

Just went through an pulled the sac's off. Most haven't opened yet but this was pretty much a toss away grow since the seeds were mislabeled from the jump.

Oh well, Ill let this finish out for a few more weeks and chock it up to learning I guess. Ill still smoke it though.

Back
Top Bottom