Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

Colors

IMG_5616.jpeg

I’m not saying encourage Rob to do it. That would be madness! Just if it should happen you’re insured!
That seems like an extremely low probability tail risk, like maybe a 10 sigma event and not worth spending any money on. Of course the insurance companies love to make up scary risk scenarios to encourage people who can't do math to line their pockets. Kind of like the lottery.

:laughtwo:

That seems like an extremely low probability tail risk, like maybe a 10 sigma event and not worth spending any money on. Of course the insurance companies love to make up scary risk scenarios to encourage people who can't do math to line their pockets. Kind of like the lottery.

I used to live in Reading, PA. At one time the town had a higher concentration of churches than any other city of its size. A church on every corner with a bar and convenience store across the street. I would go to the stores for whatever, and invariably there would be a line out the door for the goddamn lottery. And pay days? Like Fridays? You need a soda or a bag of pretzels, forget it. We’re busy helping the state make silly money hand over fist. Lol.

I simply refer the honorable gentleman to the image posted. I made it rain last night….

😂

(The blue plaques are what they put on the wall in the UK - “Charles Dickens lived here” etc.

The Real Nick Hardy made them for me in my real name like 20 years ago or something. He recently made new ones in my screen name for me)

Trichomes
Gorilla Cookies coco/hydro

You gonna take her with so many unfilled trichomes? I’m not. Let those puppies get pure white. I mean, it is what gets you high and all. All impatience buys you is sub par buds. But I will say - Goddamn this trichome window is staying open a long fricking time.

2024-04-20-05-40-25-785.jpeg

2024-04-20-05-41-09-544.jpeg

Trichomes
Gorilla Cookies coco/hydro

You gonna take her with so many unfilled trichomes? I’m not. Let those puppies get pure white. I mean, it is what gets you high and all. All impatience buys you is sub par buds. But I will say - Goddamn this trichome window is staying open a long fricking time.

2024-04-20-05-40-25-785.jpeg

2024-04-20-05-41-09-544.jpeg
The two Gorilla Cookies, the Bruce Banner #3, and the Cherry Pie all look exactly like this, or a bit closer. All four are likely to finish around the same time, ugh. Then the Skywalker and then the Apple Fritter.

The annual 420 Magazine Photo Competition is live.

Last Year's winner was epic!

@Bill284

Lolz!

Anyone wondering how I got my Custom Title? (Skin&Eyes & Co) I won this last year - dumb luck! The best way to win anything.

Not sure there's the same this year - but some Patreon deals for membership some include it, Jedi Mind Master Blaster Grower is banned apparently - I asked 😆

Here’s a picture from me from today. Saw an old mate today for lunch. In town for a few days. Huge fun. Last time I saw him wasn’t cool we had like 3 hours of advanced bants. We know, hehe fun.

In a tuk tuk on the way home on my own later afternoon with my Spotify connected the Tuk Tuk audio system, , blasting out early 2000’s rap (I have a Tuk Tuk only playlist 😂) I baoed my way through a bowl of Royal Cookies we grew recently from @Royal Queen Seeds - yeah likey likey!

Have a lively lovely high day - discounts are absurd from sponsors and anyone really for growing related stuff right now.

A couple a pictures below. And no - the tuk tuk was only the colour of the blue pipe I build everything out of. It wasn’t made out of it!

🤣

With lots of love,

Nick & Co

3DDDEDDD-A8AB-4900-A7D4-F6C6C6162BB6.jpeg
IMG_0301.jpeg
IMG_0299.jpeg

The annual 420 Magazine Photo Competition is live.

Last Year's winner was epic!

@Bill284

Lolz!

Anyone wondering how I got my Custom Title? (Skin&Eyes & Co) I won this last year - dumb luck! The best way to win anything.

Not sure there's the same this year - but some Patreon deals for membership some include it, Jedi Mind Master Blaster Grower is banned apparently - I asked 😆

Here’s a picture from me from today. Saw an old mate today for lunch. I town for a few days.

In a tuk tuk on the way home on my own later afternoon with my Spotify connected the Tuk Tuk audio system, , blasting out early 2000’s rap (I have a Tuk Tuk only playlist 😂) I baoed my way through a bowl of Royal Cookies we grew recently from @Royal Queen Seeds - yeah likey likey!

Have a lively lovely high day - discounts are absurd from sponsors and anyone really for growing related stuff right now.

A couple a pictures below. And no - rhe tuk was only the colour of the blue pipe I build everything out of. It wasn’t made out of it!

🤣

With lots of love,

Nick & Co

3DDDEDDD-A8AB-4900-A7D4-F6C6C6162BB6.jpeg
IMG_0301.jpeg
IMG_0299.jpeg
Happy 420 Brother :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

IMG_0337.jpeg

The AC in our room is nit getting fixed until tomorrow so & Co kicked her daughter out her room (this room) so on 4/20 night I sleep next to the drying weed.

Its cool and dry - I can tell you that because first time I’ve experienced it all day!

Night,

Nick

So I have a side project. Based on the current Cherry Pie and Skywalker, I’m loving the California Super Soil they are both growing in. The way it works is pretty cool now that I see it. Basically all you do is fill the bottom 1/3 of your pot with the Cali SS, then fill the top 2/3 with whatever good potting soil you like, I used Fox Farms Ocean Forest. I amended the top 2/3 a bit with a little Geoflora veg nutes, EWC, bokashi, and frass, and I water in with Kelp and Mackerel every other watering. I also top dress EWC throughout the whole grow. But that is all extremely easy. I love the lack of workload. I guess the idea is that the plant starts on the FFOF and by the time its roots get down into the Cali SS, the plant is big enough to handle the extra heat ( they say their soil is 800x hotter than “regular” potting soil). So idk, but the results speak for themselves. Both plants have huge, dense colas. Neither one had the slightest deficiency the entire time - I never had to use a shot of calmag or anything non organic. I gave them a few shots of molasses in the last week and they’re basically done. Flawless performance.

So - since I *pretty much* am sold on the stuff, I’m thinking of my first PA grow (next grow). It has to be semi organic while my soil mix percolates for the length of that grow. Then I go real organic. But for the grow preceding the big switch to real organic, I need to settle on a system. Either GeoFlora or the California SS. I already know what Geo will do, and it is *pretty* good. Not great, imho. Calmag light. Nitrogen light. I am pretty sure the Cali SS does a better job, hate to say it, but the proof is staring at me. But I don’t really feel like two plants is enough data to take the chance on a whole multiple tent grow using it. It’s also pretty damn expensive. Geo is far more economical.

Weighing all of this, I decided the thing to do was collect more data. So I have started two autos. A Blue Dream and a Strawberry Banana. Both are in 7s in my bedroom closet. Both sprouted this morning, day 1, lol. And both are in the identical setup as the current Cali SS girls. If these two do equally well, I’m sold. The only issue is if I move before they finish, which is possible. But they’re autos. And require no nutes, just water. I’ll take my chances with them in a 20 hour car ride if I have to.

There’s a thought process and action taken for you. A little side gig. Lol. Here’s the babies:

IMG_5618.jpeg

Tester buds, as silly as they sound as as wasteful as one can argue they are, actually do serve an important purpose at times. If you have a plant whose trichome window is staying open an unusually long time and you’re not sure where the plant is at in terms of power, you can use tester buds to at least get an idea. If you don’t burn them and keep them green and not too crispy they’re fairly representative, at least for power.

Example: I just tested the Gorilla Cookies (coco/Cyco). She’s on the cusp - she has a bunch of immature amber and is about 90% filled in white. So I nailed the oven, and I just did a big bong hit of it. I’m in the middle of working, so I just packed it, hit it, and moved on. Lol. About 20 seconds later I had to stop. The wave hit me. Wow, did it ever. Hard. A no mercy level hit. A put my head down with my chest on my thighs type hit and just feel the wave wash top to bottom. I was truly truly surprised, just south of shocked. Rarely does that happen. This bud is going to be extremely potent, regardless of Nick’s take on thc levels. It’s advertised with test results in the high 28% level. I cannot WAIT.

IMG_5619.jpeg

Trizkit

Easy to see why this plant is advertised as a massive yielder. She goes apeshit on side branching, and has among the greatest nodal and internodal spacing I’ve ever seen. She’s gonna take controlling, that’s for sure.

If you look closely at these pics, you’ll see what I mean I think.

IMG_5622.jpeg

IMG_5621.jpeg

IMG_5620.jpeg

Tester buds, as silly as they sound as as wasteful as one can argue they are, actually do serve an important purpose at times. If you have a plant whose trichome window is staying open an unusually long time and you’re not sure where the plant is at in terms of power, you can use tester buds to at least get an idea. If you don’t burn them and keep them green and not too crispy they’re fairly representative, at least for power.

Example: I just tested the Gorilla Cookies (coco/Cyco). She’s on the cusp - she has a bunch of immature amber and is about 90% filled in white. So I nailed the oven, and I just did a big bong hit of it. I’m in the middle of working, so I just packed it, hit it, and moved on. Lol. About 20 seconds later I had to stop. The wave hit me. Wow, did it ever. Hard. A no mercy level hit. A put my head down with my chest on my thighs type hit and just feel the wave wash top to bottom. I was truly truly surprised, just south of shocked. Rarely does that happen. This bud is going to be extremely potent, regardless of Nick’s take on thc levels. It’s advertised with test results in the high 28% level. I cannot WAIT.

IMG_5619.jpeg
Here’s how high that bong hit got me - keep in mind I smoked it before I wrote the above post. This is not the Gorilla Cookies. Lmao! It’s the bud that was about to break off the Skywalker organic. Skywalker! Of course! Goddamn that strain gets me high. Skywalker is not a particularly high thc strain, I believe it maxes at around 24% or so. Idk what mine is, but I now have the last organic one and a tester of this one, and it’s just a strain that works for me particularly well. Both get and got me extremely high and for me it works WAY well for pain, the most important thing at the end of the day. Wowee. The more I grow it the more I love it.

Here’s how high that bong hit got me - keep in mind I smoked it before I wrote the above post. This is not the Gorilla Cookies. Lmao! It’s the bud that was about to break off the Skywalker organic. Skywalker! Of course! Goddamn that strain gets me high. Skywalker is not a particularly high thc strain, I believe it maxes at around 24% or so. Idk what mine is, but I now have the last organic one and a tester of this one, and it’s just a strain that works for me particularly well. Both get and got me extremely high and for me it works WAY well for pain, the most important thing at the end of the day. Wowee. The more I grow it the more I love it.
If you like Skywalker and that kind of high you would love the parent Mazar. To this day one of my favourites both to grow and smoke. It just work well everytime!

A classic hash plant with earthy, pine, frankincense and citrus notes.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom