AZ Desert Temp Grow Shed Set Up

Been working on the Shed all day again. Got all the Siding up now, A/C in, 4" & 6" Duct Vents in & it's 90% Trimmed Out. Buying the last of the Trim tonight & Completing the Outside of the Shed tomorrow. By time I Trim it out & Caulk it all, the day will be over & done.
Next week I finally start on the Grow Area ... Hooray !!!
Bought all New Outlets, Switches, Outlet Boxes & Covers today as I'm going to use some of the existing wiring (14/2 with Ground) for my Ceiling Lights. The Outlets I'll be re-wiring with 12/2 wire.
So all the Fun Stuff starts next week.

Well got 2 days off since I'm starting a new job on Thursday. So get some more work done on the shed. Today I'm caulking all seams on the outside of the shed. Trying to do what ever I can to keep the pests out. I know there's Scorpions under this shed as I had 1 crawl out while working on it & a shit load of eggs fell out. Going to be Bombing the hell out of this & using Scorpion Killer before I put this shed to use. Will probably have to air it out a week when I'm done ...lol.
Tomorrow I frame the grow area & start on running the electric. I have everything to wire the Shed itself to the sub panel in the shed. I just don't have the 6/3 wire to get to the Main Breaker Box as of yet. I'll post some B4 & After Pics tomorrow.

Well Chit !!! I got 3 sides of the shed caulked in & ran out of caulk. By time I got more it was dark out so have to finish that today. Plan on framing the grow area also & getting the door to it in.
Not sure what's going on with the Fire OG seeds I planted 10 days ago. No sign of life at all. Got these from a friend who's had them about 2 years so maybe they aren't any good. Sucks !!!
My favorite weed so have to buy more & they are $130 for 10 seeds. Clones after that. Since those seeds haven't popped I planted 1 Afghan Kush, 1 Gorilla Girl, 1 Gorilla Glue & 1 Midnite Mass from my own Fem Seeds I had saved. I guess if they pop 1st I know the Fire seeds are no good.

Got a few pics of the progress so far. Divider Wall is Framed in with Door installed. Removed all old electrical from the Grow Area so far & hung the new outlets & light boxes. Outside is all caulked & filled in so it's ready to paint when I get around to it. In the pics you'll see the Pink Insulation on 1 wall. That is the actual width of the grow area itself. The length is that of the back wall with the A/C.
You'll see a 4" & 6" Vent in the upper back wall. Up by the ceiling light I put an outlet box for just the Fan & filters. Just going to wire that outlet to the light since there will only be 3 - 60 watt lights on that circuit. Plan on mounting the Ballasts outside the grow room so the outlet for the Grow Lights will be somewhere near the ballasts. Well, these pics should give you an idea of where I'm going with this.
Next on the list is running the electric within the shed itself & connecting it to the sub panel. Also the insulation so I'll post more pics after I complete those things.
For now, Here's where I'm at.
21.JPG
22.JPG
23.JPG
24.JPG
25.JPG

Well it looks like this shed will take longer than expected. The electric added cost has put a damper on things as that wasn't in my original plans. I thought it was done right but found out different after inspecting it. I've already wired all the outlets to the sub panel with 12/2 which is to code.
Today I have to wire 3 lights with 3 switches & 2 outlets to the sub panel. I've already started spray foaming & caulking all seams & cracks on the inside of the shed so I'll get that finished today also.
Tomorrow I'll start insulating since I have 6 packages of it which should be plenty.
Unfortunately, after that things will be on hold for a couple of weeks. Just started a new job & paydays run different so it messed me up on how I pay my bills so have to get that straight before I put any more money in the shed. Probably a good 3 - 4 weeks as I still need to buy 100' of 6/3 Burial wire or run 4 - No 6 wires through PVC & that will be $200 - $250 to do. Then there's the interior walls & the mylar film to cover them which will run another $200. Add another $50 in for the things that always pop up & I'm at about $500 to finish it. Not too bad but got to get bills straight 1st.
I'll post some new pics on the progress tomorrow.

Anyway, I got impatient since things will take longer so I popped some seeds. I have this small 2.5' x 2.5' x 6' tent that I put one of my TSW 2000's in. A friend of mine gave me 13 Fire OG seeds. Not 1 of them popped. Found out he had them stored in his garage for about 3 years. I'm guessing the heat ruined them. Waited about 10 days & nothing so tossed them.
Popped 4 of my own seeds in cups of FFOF & in 2 days they were coming up. Planted a Gorilla Glue, Gorilla Girl, Afghan Kush & Midnight Mass. They all popped but only 3 survived. The midnight mass didn't make it again. My opinion of Heavyweight Seeds is they suck !!! I bought 3 different strains of them & not 1 seed survived. But all the plants from other breeders flourished that were grown together.
So the remaining 3 are doing well so far. Only been about a week since I planted the seeds. I'll probably just do this grow in soil & keep them small in this tent. About 2 oz. per plant will do so maybe 4 weeks of veg & flip to 12/12.
Temps are a little high & RH is low. My 6 gallon Humidifier filter got rotted out sitting in the heat for so long so can't use it so I have a small one in there that's not doing the trick. I'm not overly concerned with either as I grew some of my best weed in temps & RH like this. Seems like the more I got things perfect & the more expensive nutes didn't do shit for it. Seems like I grew my best weed in FFOF with temps in the high 80's with 35% RH & feeding GH Nutrients. So I'm considering doing that this grow to see what happens. Only difference is the light. I used MH for Veg & HPS for Bloom back then & now I'm using the TSW 2000. Right now I have it at 50% but will go to 75% in about a week. The other difference will be that I use Mega Crop instead of GH Nutes. Obviously not sure what the results will be so I'll just consider it an experiment.
Post a couple pics tomorrow.

Well I got a little more done on the shed. The outside still has a few odds & ends things to do but that can wait for now.
The inside is what I'm concerned with for the moment. I got all the wiring inside the shed ran as far as the sub panel i installed in the shed. Still have to connect the wires to the sub & then run 6/3 to the house. But all the lights & outlets are wired.
85% of the shed has been sealed up with caulking & spray foam. Need a few more cans to finish it.
Don't want any Light Leaks, Air Leaks, Pests coming in, etc... so sealing the hell out of it.
Also got the insulation on the walls in the Grow Area only. Still need to do the ceiling in there.
It's actually starting to come together & look good.
So here's a few pics of the inside as it stands now.
33.JPG
34.JPG
35.JPG
36.JPG
37.JPG
38.JPG
39.JPG

OK you guys !!! I have about 20 pics of the progress on the Shed so far. A lot of you will probably say why didn't you tear it down & buy a New one. Well $1000 to fix it beats $6000 - $7000 for a new one. Today I framed in the Window A/C & hung 2 of the pieces of siding on the back. I still have to go buy about 12 pieces of Trim Boards to finish the outside .... (well, other than I'm caulking every crack & seam outside also). Anyway, Here's some pics of what I've done so far.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
Badass!

Back