Baby Tut & Harlequin help please

Fomerballer

They are about 2 weeks old. 1st soil grow. Had many good hydro grows in past.

Soil is FoxFarm Happy Frog. Nothing added

I’m spraying 1 time in morning lightly. Water is bottled spring water

1-650 watt about 2-3 feet above plant.

Seems like unhappy plants. Have a look and thanks. The slightly bigger is the Harlequin
46DBC0B1-E3FB-43D7-BA91-850E3081B689.jpeg

4A4E64D6-A709-46B2-82C3-73B54F4C2205.jpeg

Hey Former,

Welcome to the world of soil growing.

Proper watering in soil is one of the most challenging things to learn early on and I suspect from your description that might be the source of your challenges.

There are several schools of thought about watering a soil grow. Many are successful with a wet/dry cycle. Others working with living soil do something similar to what you've been doing, a little bit but often.

Personally, I'm partial to self watering containers (SIPs) which allows a grower to skip the learning curve altogether. I started a thread where discuss everything SIP from theory to practice. You'll grow happier, healthier and larger plants with less effort. Come check out #SIP Club (link in my sig).

Do you ever periodically soak the soil and then let it dry out? I think you've got a root issue because they shouldn't be showing deficiencies at only two weeks. Also what are you plans for up-potting (container size, type, etc.)?

Dump the domes, they're for clones, and can contribute to "damping off" in seedlings. Also, don't spray your foliage with water, it can cause burns. You definitely have a water issue, too much! Read the @Emilya Green article on how to water a potted plant The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant it's really good info for watering in soil grows.

Back
Top Bottom