Bar lighting in a 2x2

NewToTHC

Seems a lot of the manufactures are going to the bar type lighting as it offers a more uniform distribution of light and can be lowered very close to canopy height if desired. But almost all seem to be designed for a 3 x 3. Has anyone managed to squeeze one into a 2 x 2. Overkill, but because the light is so evenly distributed I would think one could just dim and it should do well. Seen a few that advertise the dimensions at just a smidge over 24" on one side, curious if anyone has considered this. Don't have the room for a 3 x 3.

if you have the cash, check out Black Diamonds Perfect Sun's Dwarf Star, 20in x 20 in. and 240 watts. but can use awesomely in a 3x3. it is probably the best light for a 2x2 you can get. actually, it probably crushes ANYTHING you can put in a 2x2, lol. Its the light in my avatar. Its a sponsor on this site.

if you have the cash, check out Black Diamonds Perfect Sun's Dwarf Star, 20in x 20 in. and 240 watts. but can use awesomely in a 3x3. it is probably the best light for a 2x2 you can get. actually, it probably crushes ANYTHING you can put in a 2x2, lol. Its the light in my avatar. Its a sponsor on this site.
Thanks, I did have a look at the web site, no doubt puts out the PAR, but like most board type setups the hot spot is in the middle and the edges lag. That is why i like the bar type lighting, more even, still a hot spot in the middle but more even towards the edges of a tent. Suppose one could source out a large board designed for a large tent and put in a smaller tent and the hot spot would spread out closer to the edges in a smaller sized tent.

Seems a lot of the manufactures are going to the bar type lighting as it offers a more uniform distribution of light and can be lowered very close to canopy height if desired. But almost all seem to be designed for a 3 x 3. Has anyone managed to squeeze one into a 2 x 2. Overkill, but because the light is so evenly distributed I would think one could just dim and it should do well. Seen a few that advertise the dimensions at just a smidge over 24" on one side, curious if anyone has considered this. Don't have the room for a 3 x 3.

Okay maybe not exactly what you're talking about but have you thought about;

1654459906805.png

Just a bit over 2 feet long and almost 5 inches wide, you can squeeze 5 in there and even add a few for some side lighting if you want to grow something taller. I use their veg version for extra lighting with an old COB rig and my plants like them. Non dimmable but each one can be raised and lowered individually. Mine are daisy chainable so that's a plus if these are too. Might be a bit costly but you can find them on the cheap if you look around.

Be Safe!

Has anyone managed to squeeze one into a 2 x 2.

Yes. I can't post any non-sponsor links but to provide a member with an answer to help you with your problem so you keep coming back to this forum and can then view ads by the sponsors, I will tell you Migro makes a bar light for a 2 x 2 space.

j

Yes. I can't post any non-sponsor links but to provide a member with an answer to help you with your problem so you keep coming back to this forum and can then view ads by the sponsors, I will tell you Migro makes a bar light for a 2 x 2 space.

j
Hear, hear.

Migro makes some very nice lights. The "array" design is they key. If you check out ppfdcharts.com, the light for a 2' x 4' tent is amazingly uniform. The light for the 2 x isn't as uniform but is still much better than, for example, the Viper Spectra XS-1500 that I bought as a "fill light".

To the OP - not a lot of pickings at this size probably because there's so little room for margin. I can innovate a little if I'm selling a $300, $400, etc. product but a product that retails for $125± has a production cost of…$35 or $50??. Can't do much at that price point.

I bought the XS-1500 because I could get it the next day. If I needed a light for that space now, I'd go with the Migro.

Back
Top Bottom