BBD32's First Grow - 6 Strains - 12 Plants - 1000W - Medical Grow!

Yellowing over the entire leaf is typically nitrogen. Are you watering the plant through enough? Consider picking up a nitrogen additive and see if that does the trick. Deficiencies can be hard to nail sometimes.

I would also advise getting those into flower if you don't plan on bumping up your pot sizes anymore! Might be pushing it as it is cause they're going to get pretty big, don't forget that.

As far as the other cloners I have no idea. All I can share info on is my EzCloner.

Thanks for the help. Up till now the only thing I gave them other than water is calmag. I will pick up a nitrogen additive first chance I get. As for the pot size. With how long I put off flowing, I am going to put them in 10gal pots next week. At this point I can switch them to 12/12 as soon as I get some viable clones. I just don't want to have to buy seeds again.

Lol new but minor issue now. A couple baby flying squirrels decided to take up residence in my grow room. Very playful, and for some reason not afraid of me at all. I took a video of them playing around. Not sure how to upload videos though.

Baby squirrels? I don't think they make something you can flush your soil with to get rid of those cuties :laughtwo:

Thanks for the help. Up till now the only thing I gave them other than water is calmag. I will pick up a nitrogen additive first chance I get. As for the pot size. With how long I put off flowing, I am going to put them in 10gal pots next week. At this point I can switch them to 12/12 as soon as I get some viable clones. I just don't want to have to buy seeds again.

You're going to have a hell of a time once you start flowering with how massive they're going to get, I wish you the best my friend. At least I already went through the hell to guide you a ways through it and ease the pain. :laughtwo:

I don't blame you though as far as the seeds. Clones are so much easier to work with. It's a hard pill to swallow at this point but have you considered pulling the ones with deficiencies into another area and once you get the deficiencies taken care of to keep them around as mother plants for the next few cycles? It would let you push the others into flower, open up some room for flowering, plus give you plenty of opportunities for cuttings to clone until you get it right and then can decide the fate of those six. Since you have the extra numbers right now it might be something to consider!

Dan is also correct about the phosphorus deficiency. I didn't realize that a phosphorus deficiency you end up getting larger blotchy brown spots and the smaller brown spots.

Lol new but minor issue now. A couple baby flying squirrels decided to take up residence in my grow room. Very playful, and for some reason not afraid of me at all. I took a video of them playing around. Not sure how to upload videos though.

Squirrels? Now this has to be a first. Can't imagine you'll find anything in the Pest Problem Solver for this one. lol

Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo and then you can link it here.

Actually, I have decided to try the clones one more time. This weekend, I am switching the plants to 12/12 no matter what. If my clones don't make it, I'll bite the bullet and order more seeds. I do have at least 1 seed from each strain left, but I was hoping to save them in case I ever lost all my plants.

As I'm sure you can tell. I did transfer the plants into my new veg room. Even though it is unfinished. Running electrical cords until the electrical is done. And will hang the panda film whenever I get a chance

That's so damn cute. I love little critters, not to get weird lol. I would have a hard time getting rid of them :laughtwo:

If you're not having luck with the clones pop some of those seeds now and then take clones off the next batch if you have to. You'll have a pretty damn solid yield with 12 of those plants of that size so if you're worried about running out of bud (depending on how quickly people want it) I don't think you'll have any issues if you support them well and dry and cure them properly.

lol I know what you mean. I made some calls and found out that the squirrels are not harmful for marihuana plants... Unless they climb on the limbs and snap them. However I don't know how my patients would feel if I let critters live with their meds. lol they would definitely keep me company during long days of trimming. They started sleeping in between my ballasts, so I moved them closer together and they seem to like their little bed.

As for planting the seeds now, I think I am going to do that. And not even attempt to pull anymore clones from the group thats vegging. And this time I will start off with 3 seeds every few weeks to avoid my current situation.

I did end up putting tomato cages on 3 of the plants so far since they were starting to lean heavily. Going to get the rest on this weekend when I switch my bulbs over to HPS.

Lol nope. They actually try and play whenever there awake. They usually chase me around for a few minutes, will let me pick them up, then go right back to sleep.

Quick update... I ended up switching my bulbs to 1000w HPS and changed to the 12/12 cycle. I did end up leaving them in complete darkness for 24 hours. A local grower I know told me he thinks it helps jump start the flowering process. I flushed the plants that were showing deficiencies yesterday just incase they was a salt buildup or ph imbalance. Will post pictures and let you know if the plants recover.

Also, I was wondering if it is too late to set up a trellis net? Or if I get it set up before they finish stretching if Ill be ok.

Couple quick pictures from last night. Will get some more tomorrow, hopefully.

IMG_20150611_125739305.jpg
IMG_20150611_125908299.jpg

I got them all transplanted into 10 gallon pots today but ran out of time to do the trellis net. I'm going to try and build it tonight and set it up tomorrow. All of the plants recovered from the ph imbalance. My blue lab ended up being way out of whack. Plants are getting very tall very quickly.

IMG_20150614_145011077_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150614_145125161.jpg

That's looking promising BBD32!

Thanks. I'm going to bend a few of them quite a bit to try and keep the tops level, just hoping they will keep stretching enough to fill the net.

In answer to your trellis question, no it wasn't too late. I've seen plenty of guys place it 6-12 inches above their plants at the beginning of flower so they grow into it like you're doing. You should space your hoods a little bit farther apart since those cover a 5x5 area and you're overlapping your footprint. Would just help you get a little more light and spread out of your hoods! Also lollipopping the bottom will help with air flow and cut down on the small areas that receive little to no light, check it out if you haven't. I took off the bottom few inches of mine that wouldn't produce anything.

Looking great though BBD.

In answer to your trellis question, no it wasn't too late. I've seen plenty of guys place it 6-12 inches above their plants at the beginning of flower so they grow into it like you're doing. You should space your hoods a little bit farther apart since those cover a 5x5 area and you're overlapping your footprint. Would just help you get a little more light and spread out of your hoods! Also lollipopping the bottom will help with air flow and cut down on the small areas that receive little to no light, check it out if you haven't. I took off the bottom few inches of mine that wouldn't produce anything.

Looking great though BBD.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize I could spread them apart, spreading them out will help me a lot since the plants on the corners have a shadow on the outside. I am also contemplating putting a 3rd light in there. Lollipopping is something I definitely want to do, I'm just waiting until I see which parts of the plant won't make it to the trellis net. I'm going to cut just about everything that is lower then the net to avoid getting so many popcorn buds. I'm hoping within the next month or so to get a better understanding of what kind of yield I am looking at. lol as it stands I'm guessing between 1-4oz/plant based on the size of the plants as well as the lights (But mainly a flat out guess). But from what I have read it seems that if I add a 3rd 1000w MH, it could help produce an extra 1oz per plant. With only having a couple months left it may be worth the extra electricity I will use.

Back
Top Bottom